ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Frost on Jim Rome today

wardfamily

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2017
Coach Frost will be on the Jim Rome show at 35 minutes past the hour today.

Rome will probably ask the tough questions. Hopefully there will be a link later

Rome will probably ask the tough questions. Hopefully there will be a link later
Rome's terrible except for his interviews, which he's great at! I think he's still L.A. based, and they, like media in NYC, think they're at the center of the sports universe.

DLUuhgbX0AIjTS7.jpg

http://jimrome.com/2017/10/04/ucf-head-coach-scott-frost-talks-top-25-ranking-nebraska-and-more/

Not sure. Just know he was calling Jim Everett Chris or maybe Chrissy. I don't like Jim Romes Show. He's annoying.
I remember like it was yesterday. He knocked over a table and went after him. It was real and not staged

^^ Great interview. "Unfinished business" , new baby coming. Sounds like he's sticking around for a while.
It certainly didn't sound like a lot like a coach who's going to leave anytime soon

1) Great place to recruit.

Good luck getting your Florida kids to come to Nebraska. In addition, how long would it take him to start competing and beating Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin? We already know Nebraska people are not satisfied with 3 loss seasons.

2) Unfinished business
3) Loyalty and dedication of the players to the program and him towards the players.
(Sort of paraphrasing and reading between the lines)
4) Runors being flattering, but a distraction.

Like a lot of posters have been saying, I think it's a lot more likely that he would take another P5 job first.

LSU? Present coach has a $12 million buyout I'm hearing.

Tennessee? Wouid have to be for 2018, because their coach is most likely gone this year.

Florida? McElwain is winning. Highly unlikely that he doesn't come back next year

Oregon? No.

Last edited:
I'm totally fking lost.
Basically Jim Everett was tough at the beginning of his Ram career, then he may have got shellshocked because of so many sacks. Apparently he got soft and took "phantom" sacks and went down easy or ran out of bounds.

So.., Jim Rome labeled/mocked him as "Chris" or "Chrissie" after the famous female tennis player, Chris Evert. Same last name

Jim Rome relentlessly called out his manhood until Jim Evert let him have it.

Basically Jim Everett was tough at the beginning of his Ram career, then he may have got shellshocked because of so many sacks. Apparently he got soft and took "phantom" sacks and went down easy or ran out of bounds.

So.., Jim Rome labeled/mocked him as "Chris" or "Chrissie" after the famous female tennis player, Chris Evert. Same last name

Jim Rome relentlessly called out his manhood until Jim Evert let him have it.

His approach is what's wrong with today's sports radio. Guys with zero communications skills call in to read their formularized smack downs. You can get that by reading any bad blog site.

Yeah you know how a bunch of youngins love to grow up in the frozen cornfields of Nebraska over Mickey Mouse ever week and swimming pools in the winter! [laughing]

:cool2:[cheers][banana]
Happy Wife Happy Life

Let's hope his wife despises Cold Weather and loves Orlando's shopping options

Reactions: Mikesi
U..C..L...A.

God, I hope Mora turns it around.
UCLA's location is awesome but even Mora has complained how cheap they are towards their Football Program and Athletics in general. Another detail that might hurt them and sound silly to some older fans is that they are an Adidas school. I think Frost loves the Nike relationship and the type of branding that creates for Recruiting. But I can't deny how tempting they still would be even with those negatives.

And USC is USC but thankfully many of their Boosters and former players that went on to the NFL that are still involved with the Program have this snobbery where they think USC should never run an Oregon style spread offense. They want the Program to always run a mostly Pro Set NFL offense.

UCLA's location is awesome but even Mora has complained how cheap they are towards their Football Program and Athletics in general. Another detail that might hurt them and sound silly to some older fans is that they are an Adidas school. I think Frost loves the Nike relationship and the type of branding that creates for Recruiting. But I can't deny how tempting they still would be even with those negatives.

And USC is USC but thankfully many of their Boosters and former players that went on to the NFL that are still involved with the Program have this snobbery where they think USC should never run an Oregon style spread offense. They want the Program to always run a mostly Pro Set NFL offense.
Yeah UCLA has their "Daddy" in USC right down the road. UCLA will always be good but never great.

Yeah UCLA has their "Daddy" in USC right down the road. UCLA will always be good but never great.
As a UCLA alum, I gotta defend the Bruins a bit. Southern Cal is not in the best part of downtown L.A. while UCLA is in hip Westwood surrounded by super ritzy, star-studded Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and Brentwood, as well as the beachside city of Santa Monica. The campus ON the famous Sunset Blvd. which if you follow it west winds up in Malibu. Or go east and you're quickly in Hollywood. There is no more beautiful campus, from its botanical gardens to the world famous Medical Center (once the largest in the world). The center of campus are the original 4 buildings, near perfect replicas of medieval European churches from which you can descent the 150+ Jans Steps or walk the incredibly green foliage adorning the campus. It's now just behind Berkeley as the top-ranked public university and always the most diverse university in the nation. Now, as far as it's athletics, read the type of QB only UCLA could ever have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Rosen

I'm just thinking of UCLA as a real threat because Frost clearly wants to set himself up in an area he can recruit lots of local talent. Check. The weather is good. Check. It's a P5 conference. Check. The money will be there, certainly more than UCF. Check. He's familiar with the PAC 12. Check. Fan support. Hmmm, certainly not SEC level, but better than UCF? Probably.

I'm just thinking of UCLA as a real threat because Frost clearly wants to set himself up in an area he can recruit lots of local talent. Check. The weather is good. Check. It's a P5 conference. Check. The money will be there, certainly more than UCF. Check. He's familiar with the PAC 12. Check. Fan support. Hmmm, certainly not SEC level, but better than UCF? Probably.
No on-campus stadium (real estate too valuable around campus) -- they have to cart themselves all the way to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (used to share Coliseum with USC and the old Rams). Also, housing prices through the roof. A million $ buys you what $300K does here. Traffic far worse than even Orlando. Would have Hollywood celebs at your games, but L.A. folks are shallow, trend-followers, hate commitments, and into things rather than openness. I used to think there was something wrong with me when I lived there, but discovered it was they who had the problem. Frost would hate the SoCal culture.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
As a UCLA alum, I gotta defend the Bruins a bit. Southern Cal is not in the best part of downtown L.A. while UCLA is in hip Westwood surrounded by super ritzy, star-studded Beverly Hills, Bel Air, and Brentwood, as well as the beachside city of Santa Monica. The campus ON the famous Sunset Blvd. which if you follow it west winds up in Malibu. Or go east and you're quickly in Hollywood. There is no more beautiful campus, from its botanical gardens to the world famous Medical Center (once the largest in the world). The center of campus are the original 4 buildings, near perfect replicas of medieval European churches from which you can descent the 150+ Jans Steps or walk the incredibly green foliage adorning the campus. It's now just behind Berkeley as the top-ranked public university and always the most diverse university in the nation. Now, as far as it's athletics, read the type of QB only UCLA could ever have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Rosen
I agree it's the better area and campus but like Cal Berkley there is questions of financial commitment and culture. Oregon in comparison is not in the recruiting area that UCLA has but they are much more committed to their Football budget and not being cheap in paying/retaining assistant coaches. UCLA seems content in being a basketball school and when the losses come in Football people just move on with the many things to do out there. You don't have the angry boosters and Go Fund Me in week 5 like Texas A&M and LSU that are demanding the bar be raised.

USC has the Football titles for a reason, there is a much better setup and commitment to the Football Program. Trousdale through Campus through Echo Park into the LA Coliseum is a nice setup on Gameday to showcase & a RB Recruit from Compton won't care about the surrounding area being a little gritty compared to a traditional non student athlete from suburbia. The Rose Bowl is beautiful but it's an hour from UCLA's campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT