ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hype & Transition Offense

Guinness_Knight

Five-Star Recruit
Oct 19, 2009
No clue if this would even be considered, but hear me out.

Wouldn't it make sense for Hype to take time to soak in everything about this year's Offense, unpack it, use his system in conjunction with the Frost language and transition out of it?

In other words, it would be so much easier for the players next season as Hype would be the only one who had to relearn a new system. He could then use his system with this year's offense's language.

I just feel starting from scratch will cause a hiccup vs not missing a beat.

Hype could start adding his plays and language when he feels everything is clicking.

That's what I wanted to happen for the DC for the Peach Bowl. Even if Shannon learns half of our plays it's better than the DC who called the last 7 games.

Reactions: AAC6800 and JAFFX2
I would hope CJH would solicit input from the returning players on plays or concepts that worked well last year and incorporate into his offense. Obviously you don’t want to just throw out things that were successful in an undefeated season.

Can we giv the man enough credit to acknowledge that he is savvy enough to self scout his own team as soon as the recruiting dead period ends and start developing a smart offensive identity?

I would hope CJH would solicit input from the returning players on plays or concepts that worked well last year and incorporate into his offense. Obviously you don’t want to just throw out things that were successful in an undefeated season.
Apparently hes an incredibly high football IQ guy so i imagine he probably already has. Probably digested/is digesting film from last season to do exactly that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT