ADVERTISEMENT

Coke Zero is being discontinued

SublimeKnight

Golden Knight
Feb 14, 2011
...and replaced with "Coke Zero Sugar".

Coke is maybe the best marketing company in the world, I don't get the concept of putting "SUGAR" on a product whose selling point is that it has no sugar.

Coke is maybe the best marketing company in the world, I don't get the concept of putting "SUGAR" on a product whose selling point is that it has no sugar.

It's because it has zero sugar. Pretty tough to say it doesn't have something if you don' t say what it doesn't have.

It's because it has zero sugar. Pretty tough to say it doesn't have something if you don' t say what it doesn't have.
I get that and if it was originally introduced that way it would make sense.
The problem is that they have now made "Coke Zero" an identifiable brand. So "Coke Zero Sugar" reads like it's Coke Zero + Sugar.

I'm not sure I get it....Coke Zero is one of the more successful Coke products. If they change the taste, I will FLIP. I am addicted to Coke Zero.

Reactions: KingDavid
I'm not sure I get it....Coke Zero is one of the more successful Coke products. If they change the taste, I will FLIP. I am addicted to Coke Zero.
I have no reason to believe they won't make it better, like New Coke.

Anyone who still drinks soda regularly is a moron. Almost as dumb as smoking.

So now we're looking at the Coke Zero Sugar 400 race in July? You've got to be kidding me.

I have a family member who did some consultant work for Coke in the past. She said before the meeting they asked every attendee what they'd like to drink and of course everyone got Coke products. When they go to her, she asked for a Coke Zero. He just looked at her and said, "Really?". Supposedly Coke Zero is for men and Diet Coke is for women. Anyone heard that before?

I have a family member who did some consultant work for Coke in the past. She said before the meeting they asked every attendee what they'd like to drink and of course everyone got Coke products. When they go to her, she asked for a Coke Zero. He just looked at her and said, "Really?". Supposedly Coke Zero is for men and Diet Coke is for women. Anyone heard that before?

I hadn't heard that, but the design of the packaging makes sense from that perspective. The dominate color is black, the high contrast "zero" lettering is a modern clean font. Compared to diet coke which is a bright silver color with the classic ornate Coca-Cola logo being the focus.
Personally I think coke zero is preferred over diet coke in the demographic of people who have taste buds.

Yes, absolutely. Diet Coke is 100% marketed towards women.

Also - I had a Coke Zero Sugar and it does taste more like real Coke to me...which isn't a good thing to me. It's okay, I will get used to it but definitely prefer old Zero.

Reactions: KingDavid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT