ADVERTISEMENT

College Gameday for Cincinnati game

Sports Illustrated predicted Gameday coming to UCF for the Cincinnati game. Particularly if both teams win out. Very interesting to see how ESPN would be received on our campus considering the fact that about 90% of the time that they do talk about UCF, they do so in a negative light.
If they plan to come they'll start softening up their narrative in advance

"I like dreamin' cause dreamin' can make you mine.
I like dreamin', closing my eyes and feeling fine."

In other words, they ain't coming. It would be a completely stupid decision by ESPN. Spend over a year/years demanding UCF is nothing, and then come to UCF? Hope I'm wrong, and if I am then I hope we don't destroy anything, but I also hope the fans yell every stupid ESPN quote about UCF so loud no one can hear what the dumbass morons are saying. OH, spoilers, they pick Cincy to win.

Reactions: Shark19

In other words, they ain't coming. It would be a completely stupid decision by ESPN. Spend over a year/years demanding UCF is nothing, and then come to UCF? Hope I'm wrong, and if I am then I hope we don't destroy anything, but I also hope the fans yell every stupid ESPN quote about UCF so loud no one can hear what the dumbass morons are saying. OH, spoilers, they pick Cincy to win.
The set would be trashed if they picked CIncy.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
they'll be cutting heel promos outside Spectrum Stadium then. Curious how far will they go? Do they bring in Finebaum?
Can he be moved? I thought he was an animatronic creation from a civil war reenactment. It was for the evil plantation owner/alien invader scene.

ESPN bought him when the reenactment center went bankrupt and the Finebaum was auctioned to a haunted house in Indiana (occasionaly rented out to scare children who didn't go to mass).

My point is that it would be hard to move a non feeling/non thinking automaton, that works as a mouthpiece for SEC supremacy, all the way to Orlando. Just the emotional toll...

Can he be moved? I thought he was an animatronic creation from a civil war reenactment. It was for the evil plantation owner/alien invader scene.

ESPN bought him when the reenactment center went bankrupt and the Finebaum was auctioned to a haunted house in Indiana (occasionaly rented out to scare children who didn't go to mass).

My point is that it would be hard to move a non feeling/non thinking automaton, that works as a mouthpiece for SEC supremacy, all the way to Orlando. Just the emotional toll...

Maybe they have Game Day in Fargo, ND again... keeps the discussion away fro UCF and the AAC.

Zero chance they come to UCF. They are aware there is an open disdain for them on our campus. It will not play well on tv. Imagine the chants the crowd would get going. The chorus of boos during the entire broadcast. None of it will be worth it just to see Lee Corso get chance to remind everyone her lives in Orlando and puts on the Knightro head.

Reactions: Shark19
Right now it makes logical sense, as its the only matchup against currently ranked teams. Of course that would change if UCF or Cincy loses a game before then, but really not a lot of other options that week. Most of the big names are playing cream puffs.

If we both stay undefeated I'd say there is a 100% chance it happens.

Right now it makes logical sense, as its the only matchup against currently ranked teams. Of course that would change if UCF or Cincy loses a game before then, but really not a lot of other options that week. Most of the big names are playing cream puffs.

If we both stay undefeated I'd say there is a 100% chance it happens.
This.
I get that you guys are pissed about being snubbed by ESPN, and rightfully so. That doesnt mean that it wont change on their end, and I hope that if it does your fanbase is gracious enough to not destroy their set or act as if though they are too late to the party. If you want the validation that comes from things like hosting gameday, then don't tell them they arent welcome.

This.
I get that you guys are pissed about being snubbed by ESPN, and rightfully so. That doesnt mean that it wont change on their end, and I hope that if it does your fanbase is gracious enough to not destroy their set or act as if though they are too late to the party. If you want the validation that comes from things like hosting gameday, then don't tell them they arent welcome.

I don't really buy into the "espn snubs ucf" conspiracy theory. There's no agenda to keep us out, ESPN is here to make money, and most of the money is made talking about the major powerhouse CFB blue bloods.

With that said the obvious choice in a mid november day is an undefeated matchup between two probable top 15 teams, given the other options. That choice will be making the most money for them.

I don't really buy into the "espn snubs ucf" conspiracy theory. There's no agenda to keep us out, ESPN is here to make money, and most of the money is made talking about the major powerhouse CFB blue bloods.

With that said the obvious choice in a mid november day is an undefeated matchup between two probable top 15 teams, given the other options. That choice will be making the most money for them.

Only problem with that is NCAA basketball and "Cinderella". North Fla,, or whoever the year's Cinderella, run in March Madness is covered much, much, much more than any G5's run up the rankings in football. At least that's my completely biased view.

Reactions: mattropolis
They 100% have a bias against UCF. It's illogical to continue to deny UCF has a right to be amongst the big boys. They never denied Boise St deserved to be included after they beat Oklahoma the first time. The rise of multiple G5 programs since BSU has disturbed the heirarchy of college football. People are interested in teams that belong to conferences that DO NOT have contracts with ESPN. So it is about money. ESPN actively does not want the AAC to rise in prominence because they don't have a media deal with the AAC. UCF just so happens to be the best G5 program with the most legitimate claim to national recognition since Boise St.

They 100% have a bias against UCF. It's illogical to continue to deny UCF has a right to be amongst the big boys. They never denied Boise St deserved to be included after they beat Oklahoma the first time. The rise of multiple G5 programs since BSU has disturbed the heirarchy of college football. People are interested in teams that belong to conferences that DO NOT have contracts with ESPN. So it is about money. ESPN actively does not want the AAC to rise in prominence because they don't have a media deal with the AAC. UCF just so happens to be the best G5 program with the most legitimate claim to national recognition since Boise St.
ESPN does have a deal with the AAC until 2020. But ESPN has not invested much money into the AAC essentially ripping them off so they don’t do much to promote the AAC.

This.

I don't have confidence our fanbase is gracious enough to not make a mess of things. The #ucftwittermafia (love them) has exacerbated the fighting spirit of our fans.

If we're not confident, they probably aren't confident either.

Edit: If I were them, I wouldn't come to Orlando. There are other fanbases with less animosity.

going way back to 7th grade dances!

This.
Our validation is to continue winning games and collecting hardware, so you can see the ESPN pundits have to keep begrudgingly talk about us. You can see it on 90% of their faces and in their tone; They don't like us pulling any airtime from their cartel drivel.

If they do come to UCF...
They will have a real hard time trying to say on one hand how we are THE game of the week, and on the other hand how we have a weak schedule, especially with another ranked team on Black (& Gold) Friday.

Reactions: Knight Strength
The best way to voice our displeasure if GameDay does show up....is just not show up to Gameday. 4 guys sitting on a set with nobody in the background would say all that needs to be said.

Unfortunately, too many sheep would still show up because they want thear 5 seconds of fame, or post some dumb pic or video because they think it would be cool. Cool would be not showing up.

Maybe one big, lone sign in the background that says..."This is what we think of your opinion. We're busy tailgating."

Last edited:
Let them do the damn Gameday. We want to be known. We want the publicity. How good does this look for recruiting?

What harm can it do? None Only good. I watch it every single weekend, so now I can actually attend one.

How often does this opportunity come around and we now don’t want it or are talking negatively about it??

Stop it.

Yes. That would send just the right message to those conferences looking to expand in a few years. [eyeroll]
You've got a good point except that would mean we are just sheep, and would bow at their altar after they give us 5 seconds of attention, when they've done nothing but basically disparage us for the last 5 years.

We have wins. We have hardware. We have a Natty. We have a great TV market. We have a massively growing alumni base. We can snub those fools. Future contracts will be based on those items, and not those 4 guys opinion.

The best way to voice our displeasure if GameDay does show up....is just not show up to Gameday. 4 guys sitting on a set with nobody in the background would say all that needs to be said.

Unfortunately, too many sheep would still show up because they want thear 5 seconds of fame, or post some dumb pic or video because they think it would be cool. Cool would be not showing up.

eff that i want to watch them escaping from a flaming Game Day booth before the start of the noon game. :fistbump::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[roll][jumpingsmile][smoke]:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Last edited:
Reactions: Flem3000 and Mikesi
Have they set the time the game will be played? If they were to decide on coming I would hope they go all in and make it the ABC primetime game.

If I remember correctly, their ratings for UCF games were excellent last year. It makes business sense if we both remain undefeated.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I agree with @Mikesi, this would be a fantastic opportunity for us and it's better for us to take it and showcase our school/program than deliver some short-lived insults to ESPN.

I just don't think our fanbase is up to the challenge. Everyone is too riled up. Self-control is scarce in the world these days.

Reactions: Mikesi
I agree with @Mikesi, this would be a fantastic opportunity for us and it's better for us to take it and showcase our school/program than deliver some short-lived insults to ESPN.

I just don't think our fanbase is up to the challenge. Everyone is too riled up. Self-control is scarce in the world these days.
Yeah but it would make news history to watch a helicopter hovering over a gameday platform in flames. :D

Yeah but it would make news history to watch a helicopter hovering over a gameday platform in flames. :D

I have to admit that would be awesome.

But making noise is not our issue right now. For the first time I can remember, I can find articles about or including UCF on every sports site.

We've made noise. I think the next step for us is to show that we're a good fit for a better conference. To show them that we're disruptive enough that they don't want to leave us out, but not so disruptive that they're more afraid of us continually shaking up the status quo.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Gameday would be huge for us....and with regard to self-control.....a statement from Danny White keeping it civil would go a long way....in Danny White we trust!!!

Reactions: mattropolis
Gameday would be huge for us....and with regard to self-control.....a statement from Danny White keeping it civil would go a long way....in Danny White we trust!!!

You're probably right, we could be controlled with a big push from the administration. I still think that there's a decent chance that ESPN is going to come up with an excuse to not come because they're afraid of potential backlash.

There's also a decent chance that Gameday people are a bunch of attention whores who would love the controversy of hosting at an under-appreciated G5 and all the attention that upset P5 fans would bring.

Maybe one big, lone sign in the background that says..."This is what we think of your opinion. We're busy tailgating."
I agree with this. No one shows up and no signs in the background. Just an empty set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT