ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado's response to Harbaugh not giving them UM's Depth Chart

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
[roll]
Him being this ridiculous makes me want to see Urban Meyer humble him again this year

CsPvQXTXgAETDAP.jpg

This after Harbaugh personally called out the first-year Hawaii coach for naively requesting scrimmage videos.

This after Harbaugh personally called out the first-year Hawaii coach for naively requesting scrimmage videos.
That's not what happened. A reporter asked if he actually denied the Hawaii coach the scrimmage tape he asked for, and he said that the conversation never took place. Then the Hawaii coach was asked about it and said that he was obviously joking about the whole thing and never actually asked Harbaugh for scrimmage tape. He falsely assumed people realized he was kidding.

Jim Harbaugh it seems has little or no sense of humor. I bet he is a riot at parties.

Definitely eccentric. Whatever works I guess, relationship building is huge in recruiting although I can see some of it backfiring with certain personalities.

Jim Harbaugh it seems has little or no sense of humor. I bet he is a riot at parties.
He is actually a really funny guy, he just removes almost all sense of humor during the football season. He's so hyper competitive that he remains laser focused in the Fall. In the offseason, however, he mixes some humor in with his ridiculous work ethic.

If you want to sit here and say Harbaugh is a weird guy, you will get absolutely no argument from me. The guy is a bit of a maniac. However, he has the ABILITY to be normal, he just doesn't show it all the time.

Definitely eccentric. Whatever works I guess, relationship building is huge in recruiting although I can see some of it backfiring with certain personalities.
Yeah, not everyone is going to get along with Harbaugh, that's for sure. He is uber competitive and always gives the players a ranking list of exactly where they stand within their position group and on the team overall. If you want to move up that list, you work harder and you improve. If that list pisses you off, you know where the door is. He has competitions at all times for everything (he even timed how fast they got ready for the team picture, no joke). Clearly this approach doesn't work with everyone, but once he has a full roster of competitive guys that it DOES work for, other teams will find that out on Saturdays.

he just removes almost all sense of humor during the football season.

I can tell. He obviously can coach. It just seems a bit over the top not to acknowledge the silliness in what Colorado did and run with it even just a little. His response kind of makes him look like a bitter guy.

Sometimes when I don't feel like going across the house to get something, I'll get my kids to by telling them I will time them. Every parent does that. Harbaugh is the only one who actually keeps their times and then logs them in a book.

I can tell. He obviously can coach. It just seems a bit over the top not to acknowledge the silliness in what Colorado did and run with it even just a little. His response kind of makes him look like a bitter guy.
Absolutely. He rubs some people the wrong way and he will acknowledge that. He said he even annoys himself sometimes with how ridiculous he can be.

I think what Colorado did was really funny. At some point I think he'll probably acknowledge it was hilarious (even if it's in private) but it's hard to get much of a rise out of him during the season. Had this been done in the offseason, he would have eaten it up and probably commented that he disagreed with some of it and inserted some other fictitious character.

Sometimes when I don't feel like going across the house to get something, I'll get my kids to by telling them I will time them. Every parent does that. Harbaugh is the only one who actually keeps their times and then logs them in a book.
You may joke, but he probably does time his kids, haha.

It's one of those things where, when he's your coach, you think these things are hilarious. However to the rest of the he looks like a lunatic (and rightfully so). Basically, we're cool with it because he's OUR lunatic.

Reactions: SiberianKnightmare
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT