ADVERTISEMENT

COLUMN: A Look Back on the 2023 UCF Football Season

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Year one in the Big XII had plenty of ups and downs

Now that the regular season has ended and UCF is headed to the Gasparilla bowl for another “Tampa Takeover,” I thought it would be fitting to do a quick look back at the inaugural Big XII season for the Knights. How did the first year in our new “Power” conference play out? Nothing too deep this week; just my thoughts on each of the 12 games that UCF played this year. Let’s take quick look back at how things played out:

Click here to read more from the Sons of UCF.

Year one in the Big XII had plenty of ups and downs

Now that the regular season has ended and UCF is headed to the Gasparilla bowl for another “Tampa Takeover,” I thought it would be fitting to do a quick look back at the inaugural Big XII season for the Knights. How did the first year in our new “Power” conference play out? Nothing too deep this week; just my thoughts on each of the 12 games that UCF played this year. Let’s take quick look back at how things played out:

Click here to read more from the Sons of UCF.
Excellent season recap. I would add only one note.

".... and UCF was without (its) starting quarterback. Kansas State also had listed its starting quarterback as questionable, so the Knights weren't sure whether to prepare for Will Howard or Avery Johnson. Howard ultimately got the start and showed little signs of being slowed after being knocked out of the Missouri game."

Reactions: ucf1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT