ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats LSU - Frankenstein's monster

Endeavor.

Golden Knight
Gold Member
May 6, 2019
Its almost like LSU and UCF are (very loosely) kindred spirits.

from TJ LSU DAD randomly choosing to support us even before our undefeated season
to that faithful Fiesta Bowl hit that ignited the greatest college football offense in the history of mankind.

Everyone said "you played LSU's backups and still lost". Those "backups" don't look so bad now do they.

Im genuinely happy to see that program reach the mountain top

Last edited:
I’m proud of the Connors hit, but I think Joe is still playing at this level regardless of the hit. Maybe I’m in the minority but I feel like trying to say he sparked burrows is trying to force ourselves in the conversation.

Mad respect to LSU and burrows this year tho.

I’m proud of the Connors hit, but I think Joe is still playing at this level regardless of the hit. Maybe I’m in the minority but I feel like trying to say he sparked burrows is trying to force ourselves in the conversation.

I was being facetious. I do not think Joey Connors is directly responsible for Joe Burrows' success. lol

Burrow with 60 touchdowns playing an SEC schedule and facing 7 top 10 teams is one of the greatest achievements in sports. Really makes you wonder what they were doing offensively for much of the 2018 season with that kind of QB and WR talent.

Everyone said "you played LSU's backups and still lost". Those "backups" don't look so bad now do they.

I kinda wish I had saved a post that somewhat refuted this and broke down exactly who was playing for LSU for our game - I think it was posted here months ago. I feel like SEC/P5 fans really run with this - it went from a few LSU players sat out from the bowl we played against them, then somehow over retelling, now all SEC/P5 fans basically say LSU played no starters and it was all walk-ons and players in the wrong position to fill spots.

got it, seen it alot even on Twitter. probably being a Debbie downer so my bad
Some of them are probably serious which is delusional, a Tulsa 3 Man front blew up the UCF OLine this season and some of them think a rematch would have been close in Fall 2019 against that Machine

Found the perfect OC in New Orleans(Saints) and revamped the entire playbook
Still doesn’t explain his sudden escapability in the pocket and broken plays where he heaves it up and stud WRs always come down with it. Maybe previous OC told him not to scramble.

I kinda wish I had saved a post that somewhat refuted this and broke down exactly who was playing for LSU for our game - I think it was posted here months ago. I feel like SEC/P5 fans really run with this - it went from a few LSU players sat out from the bowl we played against them, then somehow over retelling, now all SEC/P5 fans basically say LSU played no starters and it was all walk-ons and players in the wrong position to fill spots.
there might have been a receiver who ended up having to play DB I believe.
again, those receivers just dismantled Clemson. these SEC fans are acting like there is a significant drop off in athleticism, in fact LSU's receivers are scarier than their defensive backs.

there might have been a receiver who ended up having to play DB I believe.
again, those receivers just dismantled Clemson. these SEC fans are acting like there is a significant drop off in athleticism, in fact LSU's receivers are scarier than their defensive backs.
All the DBs that played in the Fiesta Bowl last year had been listed as DBs on LSU's official Depth Chart since the beginning of the 2018 season. Some of those DBs may have converted from WR to DB in the past, but as far as the 2018 season goes, those guys were DBs. There was no one that was playing as a WR all-season in 2018 and was forced into DB duty for that game. That talking point never held any water.

All the DBs that played in the Fiesta Bowl last year had been listed as DBs on LSU's official Depth Chart since the beginning of the 2018 season. Some of those DBs may have converted from WR to DB in the past, but as far as the 2018 season goes, those guys were DBs. There was no one that was playing as a WR all-season in 2018 and was forced into DB duty for that game. That talking point never held any water.
yep, I figured it was maybe one ambiguous person that played WR/DB for a very brief period in time and they just ran with it. Anything to make it sound worse for us

The depth issues they ended up with in the secondary in the Fiesta were self-inflicted when two of their bozos got ejected after losing their cool when they realized they were in a dog fight against a G5 team.

I don't know, weird things happen.
SuH7yJx3FfY5eCDyVCB7p1eS5ExagXrpPkBfqbBAnD8.jpg

Reactions: HammerB08
I put it on my Twitter a while ago. Just go to ESPN and pull up stats from both games. Shows everyone who played.

They played without some key defensive players. We played without an elite, Heisman level QB. Our loss hurt worse than them missing some players on defense but we’ll never know because that is not the game that was played. I thought we played better than I imagined the outcome being. I thought they’d crowd the box, force us to throw and we’d just wear down when Mack wouldn’t hit throws. That is pretty much what happened but we managed to stay within distance to make the game interesting. Not blaming or bagging on Mack. He only had 2.5 games under his belt and then got thrown in against a top 10 program. He went 2.5-1 in those games and won us a conference title. That should not be understated. He is a capable backup who has “a particular set of skills”, as Liam Neeson would say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT