ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to former UCF QB Ryan Schneider (Head Coach) in Cocoa Tigers State Championship!

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Cocoa High won its sixth FHSAA Class 2S state football championship Friday at Bragg Memorial Stadium on the campus of Florida A&M, 20-6, after spotting Bradford the first touchdown.

“We didn’t play great. I kind of called some crappy calls and put us in some bad spots,” Tigers head coach Ryan Schneider said, “but we talk all the time about handling adversity, and we did a good job handling it, staying focused as a team.”

Cocoa has become a real powerhouse. When I was in school, we considered them a warmup game on our way to the playoffs.

we need to get his players over at UCF!! I saw a Cocoa player just committed to Alabama.

I played football and basketball for satellite high school. Early 80s. I remember Cocoa was always good back then. Rockledge and Merritt Island as well.

I played football and basketball for satellite high school. Early 80s. I remember Cocoa was always good back then. Rockledge and Merritt Island as well.
Merritt Island was good at baseball and football through the early 2000s. We were #1 in 4A for both when I graduated. By 2010ish, they saw most of their talent leave with the space program. When you have a legendary HS coach and an amazing supporting cast like Odom did, you are successful. Their best coaches all started to pass away from 2020 onward. Coach Odom passed away in Feb 2023, Dean Casper passed away in July 2020, and Coach Pribil passed away in December 2020. I want to say Coach Hodge is still alive but he left MIHS and coached at Cocoa for about 5-10 years.

They been a powerhouse for years but they took it to the next level. They blew out everyone this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT