ADVERTISEMENT

Constitutional Carry, Concealed Carry Permits and Reciprocity Questions

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
So, hoping some CC holders here, even if in Florida, can help me cut through some of the cruft ... especially since I drive between Alabama and Florida, including through Georgia, and often. And ... if I ever travel with it, I keep my firearm unloaded, in the loaded magazines, in a safe, out of arm's reach.

First off, I'll get those 'politics out of the way,' as it's not the focus. For those who haven't heard, Alabama finally passed Constitutional Carry after it's been debated for years.

The USCCA, NSSF and, of course, the NRA have been pushing for it for years ... especially the USCCA, even if the NRA 'takes the focus off' the USCCA. If anything, I'm kinda a 'closet fan' of the NRA now, after long 'being critical' of them, because they serve as the 'whipping boy' while the USCCA gets things passed. But even then, you'd figure Alabama is a state that would be one of the first, not the 22nd, especially since the supermajority of former law enforcement in the Alabama legistator support it. :)

A big resaon has been that, while a majority of Sherrifs support Constitutional Carry when it passes in other states, ironically, in Alabama, it's been a minority ... especially smaller counties. Although the National Media likes to make it about that, they cannot erase their history on why. I.e., so many Alabamans have permits, it's a significant amount of money ... enough that, yeah, even a private e-mail detailed that.

But since it's now passed ...

Secondly, I'm a huge USCCA fan, pay my $600/year, and always believed in their insurance, even when I didn't own a firearm, back when I didn't live rural and have to deal with predators and varmints, especially anything that could attack my dog (even if they didn't attack me).

I wanted added insurance should I ever get into a physical altercation on my own property, or even in my own vehicle, or ... well ... anywhere, even without a firearm. Homeowners insurance doesn't cover a lot of physical altercations, and USCCA covers not just guns, but knives, fists, even weapons of opportunity, should I or anyone I care about be attacked. Hence ...

Third, what are the advantages of still getting a Concealed Carry Permit beyond the fact that it speeds up NICS significantly ... like almost instant (which, sadly, the 'instant' in NICS doens't exactly 'work' any more unless you do, like public servants are trying to keep screwed up)? I'm concerned about everything from ensuring the USCCA will back me to reprocity throught Georgia and Florida.

Am I allowed to carry in Florida (no Constitutional Carry state)? Or do I need to get a permit to have reprocity? I'm thinking the latter (no), since Florida doesn't have Constitutional Carry ... yet.

But what about Georgia (Constitional Carry state)? They have Constitutional Carry, but does that only apply for Georgia residents? Or do they allow other residents of states with Constitution Carry, especially if they have existing Reprocity, like with Alabama?

Any other comments? Suggestions?

I'm still thinking about getting a permit, especially since I live in Chilton County, the county offices are pretty empty and things don't take time. It's just waiting on the background check in the worst case. I've been meaning to go to get my Star ID any way, so I might do it at the same time.

Thank you in advance for all information! I'm probably going to hit the USCCA forums in addition.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
1mhdlm.jpg

So, hoping some CC holders here, even if in Florida, can help me cut through some of the cruft ... especially since I drive between Alabama and Florida, including through Georgia, and often. And ... if I ever travel with it, I keep my firearm unloaded, in the loaded magazines, in a safe, out of arm's reach.

First off, I'll get those 'politics out of the way,' as it's not the focus. For those who haven't heard, Alabama finally passed Constitutional Carry after it's been debated for years.

The USCCA, NSSF and, of course, the NRA have been pushing for it for years ... especially the USCCA, even if the NRA 'takes the focus off' the USCCA. If anything, I'm kinda a 'closet fan' of the NRA now, after long 'being critical' of them, because they serve as the 'whipping boy' while the USCCA gets things passed. But even then, you'd figure Alabama is a state that would be one of the first, not the 22nd, especially since the supermajority of former law enforcement in the Alabama legistator support it. :)

A big resaon has been that, while a majority of Sherrifs support Constitutional Carry when it passes in other states, ironically, in Alabama, it's been a minority ... especially smaller counties. Although the National Media likes to make it about that, they cannot erase their history on why. I.e., so many Alabamans have permits, it's a significant amount of money ... enough that, yeah, even a private e-mail detailed that.

Secondly, I'm a huge USCCA fan, pay my $600/year, and always believed in their insurance, even when I didn't own a firearm, back when I didn't live rural and have to deal with predators and varmints, especially anything that could attack my dog (even if they didn't attack me).

I wanted added insurance should I ever get into a physical altercation on my own property, or even in my own vehicle, or ... well ... anywhere, even without a firearm. Homeowners insurance doesn't cover a lot of physical altercations, and USCCA covers not just guns, but knives, fists, even weapons of opportunity, should I or anyone I care about be attacked. Hence ...

Third, what are the advantages of still getting a Concealed Carry Permit beyond the fact that it speeds up NICS significantly ... like almost instant (which, sadly, the 'instant' in NICS doens't exactly 'work' any more unless you do, like public servants are trying to keep screwed up)? I'm concerned about everything from ensuring the USCCA will back me to reprocity throught Georgia and Florida.

Am I allowed to carry in Florida (no Constitutional Carry state)? Or do I need to get a permit to have reprocity? I'm thinking the latter (no), since Florida doesn't have Constitutional Carry ... yet.

But what about Georgia (Constitional Carry state)? They have Constitutional Carry, but does that only apply for Georgia residents? Or do they allow other residents of states with Constitution Carry, especially if they have existing Reprocity, like with Alabama?

I'm still thinking about getting a permit, especially since I live in Chilton County, the county offices are pretty empty and things don't take time. It's just waiting on the background check in the worst case. I've been meaning to go to get my Star ID any way, so I might do it at the same time.

Thank you in advance for all information! I'm probably going to hit the USCCA forums in addition.

Here’s my comment: if you are allowed to carry a firearm, then we must urgently review and amend our laws.

Why don't you just subject whomever wants to hurt you with one of your megalomaniacal, insane, pointless, out-of-touch, no sense of awareness, and 100% illogical/incorrect 5,000-word rants that you produce almost as seamlessly as you take down McNuggets? That's a FAR MORE more painful and cruel death that a bullet to the head.

You guys literally make this forum useless. I know there are CC holders here.

Here’s my comment: if you are allowed to carry a firearm, then we must urgently review and amend our laws.
Gee, let's see ... I didn't carry a firearm for decades, despite being around ordinance, and having to deal with ordinance, for 3 decades.

• Dislike

Gee, let's see ... I didn't carry a firearm for decades, despite being around ordinance, and having to deal with ordinance, for 3 decades.
Shut up. You’re done.

Stop posting. Stop eating. U. R. Killing. Urself.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes

Here you go you freaking lazy, slothy, bum:

• Haha

I'd check directly with the state jurisdiction you plan to carry in, frankly. I wouldn't trust forum advice... Although part of me thinks you like poking the progressive bears on this forum. 😂

Reactions: UCFBS
I'd check directly with the state jurisdiction you plan to carry in,
Yes, that's why I'm talking to my call sherriff's office. But I also travel across state lines, and like to keep a firearm locked up, unloaded. Eventually I'd like to keep it in a holster near the console for not only easy pull, but ... biometric-based so it can be powered, while no one else can easily pull it out (would have to pry it out).

I travel AL-GA-FL regularly to see my parents, and my wife does as well.

frankly. I wouldn't trust forum advice...
Alone? Of course not. But we do have graduates that are lawyers, law enforcement and experienced people who can provide links to other experts and authorities. I'm also asking via the USCCA forums, because they have a plethora of information and links to their articles.

We've had some really good, helpful people here in the past.

Although part of me thinks you like poking the progressive bears on this forum. 😂
In this case, I honestly didn't. Genuninely that wasn't the case. I was going to post in the Dungeon with 'OT,' but one mod loves to immediately delete my stuff (it's been a bit hypocritical, given other OT with the same subject that comes up later, and remains), even if Brandon doesn't.

I also cannot help that they've been so wrong so many times, and refuse to admit the links to experts other people posted ended up being correct months and years later.

• Dislike
I was going to post in the Dungeon with 'OT,' but one mod loves to immediately delete my stuff (it's been a bit hypocritical, given other OT with the same subject that comes up later, and remains), even if Brandon doesn't.

I also cannot help that they've been so wrong so many times, and refuse to admit the links to experts other people posted ended up being correct months and years later.
That mod needs a raise. Maybe he should come over here, too.

Glad you made this about yourself and included that final nugget, you narcissistic piece of doggie doo doo.

Quit posting. Quit eating. Both are literally killing you.

That mod needs a raise. Maybe he should come over here, too.

Glad you made this about yourself and included that final nugget, you narcissistic piece of doggie doo doo.
You mother ****ers make everything about me ... first!
Geez, everyone is sick of it ... they want to discuss the subject, not whomever you 'target.'

I'm not the only one you do this to!
And yes, I talk to people!

Go **** yourself and leave my real life alone while you're at it.
I'm not the piece-of-sh-- for merely discussiong topics and reflecting.

Many others do it too.

• Dislike
Geez, everyone is sick of it ... they want to discuss the subject, not whomever you 'target.'

And yes, I talk to people!

Go **** yourself and leave my real life alone while you're at it.
I'm not the piece-of-sh-- for merely discussiong topics and reflecting.

Many others do it too.
EVERYONE IS SICK OF IT!!!!! THEY TOLD ME!!! IN DMS THAT I CANNOT SHARE AND AT FOOTBALL GAMES TAILGATES!!!!!!!!

I TALK TO PEOPLE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

(Pausing to switch languages)

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAjajajajajajjajajajaajajJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJadslkcjbsDJCHBswkdjchbkdWSJCHbsdckjshdCasdchbsDKCJHBCDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go bury your head in a basket of Little Debbies, piggy. You're a fraud. NO ONE TALKS TO YOU. YOU ARE INSANE.

• Haha
EVERYONE IS SICK OF IT!!!!! THEY TOLD ME!!! IN DMS THAT I CANNOT SHARE AND AT FOOTBALL GAMES TAILGATES!!!!!!!!

I TALK TO PEOPLE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

(Pausing to switch languages)

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAjajajajajajjajajajaajajJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJadslkcjbsDJCHBswkdjchbkdWSJCHbsdckjshdCasdchbsDKCJHBCDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go bury your head in a basket of Little Debbies, piggy. You're a fraud. NO ONE TALKS TO YOU. YOU ARE INSANE.

You guys make the Cooler useless for any conversation. And you know it. We all talk about you.

• Dislike
You guys make the Cooler useless for any conversation. And you know it. We all talk about you.
WE ALL TALK ABOUT YOU!!!!

This is the way deranged lunatics talk. Have yourself committed.

Which one of your many personalities did you talk to about me, hmmmm??? Dying to know, schizophrenia boy.

• Haha

And yes, I talk to people

talking-alone.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT