ADVERTISEMENT

Corona Virus starting to cause stock market and supply chain issues

KNIGHTTIME^

Golden Knight
Nov 27, 2005
Spreading to various countries now. It looks more serious than I originally thought. China/South Korea need to contain the spread. Gets a little more scary when it hits areas like Italy and people are traveling.

Spreading to various countries now. It looks more serious than I originally thought. China/South Korea need to contain the spread. Gets a little more scary when it hits areas like Italy and people are traveling.

Sure doesnt sound like this one is going away any time soon. Fortunately there are people who are self-quarantining themselves if they may have been exposed to it.

Sure doesnt sound like this one is going away any time soon. Fortunately there are people who are self-quarantining themselves if they may have been exposed to it.

Up to 80,000 known cases. That's if China isn't under reporting. Looking at the reporting graphs it isn't slowing down. Issues now that we have outsourced so much supply chain to China.

I already have Rice Crispy syndrome, don't need Corona as well.

For those who don't know about Rice Crispy syndrome, it occurs after a life time of eating the cereal, when you get older every morning you snap and crackle when you get up.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I already have Rice Crispy syndrome, don't need Corona as well.

For those who don't know about Rice Crispy syndrome, it occurs after a life time of eating the cereal, when you get older every morning you snap and crackle when you get up.
Good one dad

This was my fear about a DJT presidency. He's totally incompetent, then hires incompetent people making it worse. I pray that this virus doesn't become a major issue.

With so much of my money in cash now, when we start rebounding in 7 or 8 months, I hope to jump back in and make some money.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Hitting numbers of 6% death rate and many still critical. This is much worse than the flu. Hopefully it isn't seasonal like the flu though.

Where are you getting 6?%??? In the worst hit areas of China it’s between 2-3% and doctors believe its way less than that due to the sheer number of undiagnosed cases that feature only mild symptoms. They also can’t totally verify if people are dying from COVID or a common flu or cold, since a lot of these people are very old or already sick.

I'm pulling out today, I just wish I would have last week.
Monday and today shouldn't be much different since the major indexes are up from yesterday. I should have done it last week. I'm kicking myself as I only had about 20% in cash. Way more now.

Monday and today shouldn't be much different since the major indexes are up from yesterday. I should have done it last week. I'm kicking myself as I only had about 20% in cash. Way more now.
Lol, I'm kind of reckless so 20% sounds pretty liberal to me. Then again I dont have a great track record.

Lol, I'm kind of reckless so 20% sounds pretty liberal to me. Then again I dont have a great track record.
I typically don't have that much in cash but I was switching to Cetera from Ameriprise. Most of the cash had already been pushed to investments.

I typically don't have that much in cash but I was switching to Cetera from Ameriprise. Most of the cash had already been pushed to investments.

I've got an American funds plan that has been pretty good but they're a little bit too deep into Sachs in my opinion, so that's the one that I watch. I really dont like the stock market because I feel like I'm not in control and when I see drops like what they've had in the last week it makes me uncomfortable. I know I should just trust it but I can't.

100% cash squad. If we go a week with no virus progression I'll reinvest. Until then I'm good with whatever.
I've kept a couple stocks that are doing fine through this so far and I've also kept a couple mutual funds that I've done very well with that are no longer open to new investors. The rest is cash.

This thread is hilarious. Why am I not surprised it's the same morons taking losses on their stocks and talking about 6% death rates.

This thread is hilarious. Why am I not surprised it's the same morons taking losses on their stocks and talking about 6% death rates.

Market down again today. I'll wait...thanks for asking. My 401k money is still in place so not exactly left the market.

Here’s a hint: look away for at least two months and relax. We’re already in correction territory. Selling at this point is dumb. So is buying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT