ADVERTISEMENT

Corona Virus starting to cause stock market and supply chain issues

Here’s a hint: look away for at least two months and relax. We’re already in correction territory. Selling at this point is dumb. So is buying.
I took about a 2% hit to my overall position by selling early on Monday. I'm good sitting on cash for as long as necessary.[smoke]

I took about a 2% hit to my overall position by selling early on Monday. I'm good sitting on cash for as long as necessary.[smoke]

I've been buying incrementally since 2008. Some of my position have a 60-80% return on them. My time horizon isn't short so I'd rather not cash out and take that tax hit when I figure stocks will recover within 12 months or less.

I've been buying incrementally since 2008. Some of my position have a 60-80% return on them. My time horizon isn't short so I'd rather not cash out and take that tax hit when I figure stocks will recover within 12 months or less.
It's in an IRA so no tax implications for me. I've just been hammered twice (2001 and 2008) heavily on corrections over the past 20 years and it took me years to recover. I'm not doing that shit again.

Looks like I'll have lost all my Trump money by next week.....sigh.

That's my plan. Just keep putting money in when it's low and ride back to the top.

This was my fear about a DJT presidency. He's totally incompetent, then hires incompetent people making it worse. I pray that this virus doesn't become a major issue.
Huh? The problem with -19 is that it's spreading before symptoms. It's been a long, long time since we've seen anything like this.

DJT has nothing to do with it.

Huh? The problem with -19 is that it's spreading before symptoms. It's been a long, long time since we've seen anything like this.

DJT has nothing to do with it.
It's almost as if we should have a government entity that prepares for unknown diseases and is properly funded. You know, just in case.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Nope...I think we go lower from here but once the Corona Virus is contained we pop back up, but I think everyone is underestimating the economic damage with supply chains and China sitting inside all day.
I'm thinking we are a few months away.

Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
I'm surprised the dems arent pouncing on this and claiming its trumps fault that the market is going down.

I'm surprised the dems arent pouncing on this and claiming its trumps fault that the market is going down.

If the market stays down in late summer will create issues. Hard to knock out a president with a good market, job market, and economy.

Time to panic! Kick the dog

giphy.webp

"One day it will just magically disappear." Donald Trump

Weird that the Stock Market isn't calmed by our Commander-in-Chief's words of reassurance.

Weird that the Stock Market isn't calmed by our Commander-in-Chief's words of reassurance.

It will. The free-market always panics when there are reports of a possible pandemic

The free-market always panics when there are reports of a possible pandemic
Really? Seems to me the 2014 Ebola pandemic didn't hit Wall Street anywhere close to the free-fall we've seen from this one.

Moral of the Story: Leadership DOES matter.

Pence is in charge now so I feel calm. It's funny that the Dems spent all of that time on impeachment trying to put Pence in charge and Trump does it voluntarily.

Really? Seems to me the 2014 Ebola pandemic didn't hit Wall Street anywhere close to the free-fall we've seen from this one.

Ebola was already a known quantity so the fear didnt exist. It also doesnt help that covid-19 came from such a highly populated region and the source hasn't been determined. Trump and obama had nothing to do with how the market repsponded

Damn it feels good to be in cash. I'll probably double up my retirement this year with corona virus and billionaires shaking in their boots from Bernie

Reactions: fabknight
Damn it feels good to be in cash. I'll probably double up my retirement this year with corona virus and billionaires shaking in their boots from Bernie

If Bernie gets elected...wait a few months and get in down 30%. Just hope you stay employed in the private sector.

You really think the difference between the 2 boils down to Obama-Trump? Really?

Not that Ebola largely affected a region where almost no one does business. Not that Ebola outbreaks have never threatened outside of that region. Not that the health worker that was infected was successfully treated thanks to military research that had nothing to do with Obama. Not that there were only a handful of cases that spread and no secondary contagious cases from them. Not that CoVid-19 affects a place where the vast majority of our consumer products and supply chain are produced.

Nope, none of that. Just your reverent deity Obama's miraculous leadership skills.

You really think the difference between the 2 boils down to Obama-Trump?
We can deal with the amateur-hour show when things are going okay because most folks just tune Trump out.

But now that we've got a pandemic hitting the U.S., these clowns are more worried about controlling the message than protecting our people. These idiots truly have no clue. Trump fired our top pandemic scientists back in 2018 and, get this, proposes CUTTING the CDC by 16% in the 2021 budget.

We can deal with the amateur-hour show when things are going okay because most folks just tune Trump out.

But now that we've got a pandemic hitting the U.S., these clowns are more worried about controlling the message than protecting our people. These idiots truly have no clue. Trump fired our top pandemic scientists back in 2018 and, get this, proposes CUTTING the CDC by 16% in the 2021 budget.
But you, who knows absolutely nothing about the CDC or our military infectious disease capabilities and budgets or our NIH know everything?

Your deity was the epitome of an amateur at everything other than reading from the Teleprompter of the United States.

But you, who knows absolutely nothing about the CDC or our military infectious disease capabilities and budgets or our NIH know everything?

Your deity was the epitome of an amateur at everything other than reading from the Teleprompter of the United States.

In situations like this you want someone who is consistent and believable. TelePrompTers aid in that.

In situations like this you want someone who is consistent and believable. TelePrompTers aid in that.
Doesnt the use of teleprompters make the message less believable? It seems to me that if a guy is just reading canned lines all of the time that would seem disingenuous.

f
Doesnt the use of teleprompters make the message less believable? It seems to me that if a guy is just reading canned lines all of the time that would seem disingenuous.

It's consistent. Obama had that down. Same dude for 8 years. Lord knows what you may get from Trump any day.

f

It's consistent. Obama had that down. Same dude for 8 years. Lord knows what you may get from Trump any day.

I guess it seems to me like it hasn't really mattered. Everybody has already figured out that trump lying was baked into the cake so he doesnt really have much influence on public perception. Anything short of saying that Russia has launched ICBMs at this point is largely ignored.

LOL A honest-to-goodness Trumpster bashing Obama?!?! :)

This place is hilarious.
Almost as hilarious as the guy who introduced himself to us by saying that he wanted to engage in honest non-partisan discussions and then spent the next 3 years repeatedly cycling through every leftist talking point.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Almost as hilarious as the guy who introduced himself to us by saying that he wanted to engage in honest non-partisan discussions and then spent the next 3 years repeatedly cycling through every leftist talking point.
Show me a single Conservative on this board who has engaged in a 'honest, non-partisan' discussion of the Trump Presidency and then we'll talk.

Show me a single Conservative on this board who has engaged in a 'honest, non-partisan' discussion of the Trump Presidency and then we'll talk.
There would be no point in going through that exercise. You’d just ignore the examples like you always do when you’re shown that you’re wrong.

Obviously the Dems are behind this Coronavirus hoax solely to hurt the president but how did they stop the supply chains in China? Deep State?

It's almost as if we should have a government entity that prepares for unknown diseases and is properly funded. You know, just in case.
yep the govt should have stopped flights from China right away, get our people back and in quarantine, and asked for extra money to do what is needed for now. Oh,,,, they did. and as of today there is one case in the US that we don't know where the person got it. Oh they did all that. The biggest complaint from dems is he is not asking for 8 billion, I was not aware he could not go back in 3 or 4 months and ask for more if it was needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT