ADVERTISEMENT

Corrupt Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is getting his sentence commuted.

It does seem like 7 years is long enough to deter anyone from doing the same thing. 14 years was probably unnecessary.
Ummm. Selling a Senate seat. To the United States Senate...

That's pretty ****ing bad.

Didn't some black woman in Texas get 5 years in prison for voting in the wrong district?

Reactions: DaShuckster
Ummm. Selling a Senate seat. To the United States Senate...

That's pretty ****ing bad.

Didn't some black woman in Texas get 5 years in prison for voting in the wrong district?

It's really bad. It's just a matter of whether 14 years is more than necessary to prevent it from happening again. Like Mike said, that's more time than a lot of rapists get.

It's really bad. It's just a matter of whether 14 years is more than necessary to prevent it from happening again. Like Mike said, that's more time than a lot of rapists get.

Selling off our Democratic process shouldn't be taken lightly. He deserved every bit of the 14 years.

I haven’t followed what the general public opinion is saying about this pardon. I know a few others were applauded. This one won’t be, but is there an outrage?

I haven’t followed what the general public opinion is saying about this pardon. I know a few others were applauded. This one won’t be, but is there an outrage?

Ex-49ers praised trump’s decision in front of the WH yesterday—Jerry Rice and a bunch were there.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Selling off our Democratic process shouldn't be taken lightly. He deserved every bit of the 14 years.
Part of the point of sentencing is to deter others from doing the same thing. Is 14 years more effective than 7? Maybe, but I'd have to think it's a marginal difference. I just can't imagine another governor in the future thinking "hell, it's only 7 years in prison so lets go for it".

All it took was Trumps approval for chuds squad to start arguing for lighter sentences for corrupt democrats.

The same chuds that want to lock up innocent dems are now saying to release guilty dems.

Trump is one hell of a drug.

All it took was Trumps approval for chuds squad to start arguing for lighter sentences for corrupt democrats.

The same chuds that want to lock up innocent dems are now saying to release guilty dems.

Trump is one hell of a drug.

THat is interesting.

THat is interesting.
They are being conditioned that corruption isn't that big of a deal.

Crazyhole saying 7 years is kind of harsh for selling a Senate seat for personal gain is exactly the conversation this is meant to cause.

Do you think Trump really cares about Blagojevich? Trump cares about Trump and how this benefits him.

Crazyhole saying 7 years is kind of harsh for selling a Senate seat for personal gain is exactly the conversation this is meant to cause.

Do you think Trump really cares about Blagojevich? Trump cares about Trump and how this benefits him.

Yeah, they are certainly being conditioned to think corruption is ok, thats been true since Trump was even campaining, but the idea of letting guilty Dems out of prison and wanting to put innocent Dems in prison is interesting. Dear Leader certainly has them trained.

Yeah, they are certainly being conditioned to think corruption is ok, thats been true since Trump was even campaining, but the idea of letting guilty Dems out of prison and wanting to put innocent Dems in prison is interesting. Dear Leader certainly has them trained.

Corruption is normal in highly democratic areas. Let's be real.

Maybe you and Shook Chicken can cry about Natasha Korecki from Politico then, too. She must think corruption is ok!

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/02/18/covered-blagojevich-trial-trump-commutation-115903

That's not what I said, and I said earlier that I dont like the fact that trump did this. I was just asking how long of a sentence is long enough? If the longer the better, why not give him life in prison?

That's not what I said, and I said earlier that I dont like the fact that trump did this. I was just asking how long of a sentence is long enough? If the longer the better, why not give him life in prison?
Death penalty

Almost all the people that I asked today said 10 years. He got 7. BFD

No sh*t!!! It's disturbing how much Trump's corrupt shenanigans have mellowed our 'Tough on Crime' crew. I guess it just depends whether we're talking about a shoplifting meth addict or a white collar criminal.
You just can’t see the forest through the trees

How about 15-20 was the recommended and 14 is what the judge decided. Trump shouldn't be involved and if it was Obama that commuted his sentence y'all would be livid.

How about 15-20 was the recommended and 14 is what the judge decided. Trump shouldn't be involved and if it was Obama that commuted his sentence y'all would be livid.
Speculation about Obama.

The judge didn’t give 15-20 for what reason? Hmm.

Did you miss where I said I dont like that he did this? I'm pretty sure I can say that and then also ask what an appropriate sentence would be.

animated-laughing-image-0072.gif
is this you pretending that blagojevich is a republican?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT