ADVERTISEMENT

Couldn’t find thread where I said this is best receiving corps we’ve ever had

Didn’t he drop a pass right into his hands in the temple game? I think he could be good, but I’d think he’d be more circumspect than to bolt after his freshman year. Especially since he has the opportunity to play on a very pass heavy team.
He should probably tell his family to not say stuff publicly.

The offense is averaging 40+ pass attempts a game. Most years like 2017, the average was 30 per game.

The passing offense also had a pretty weak game yesterday. Definitely quieted any talks about Gabriel.
So does the name and conference on the jersey. Regardless, he's having a stellar season so far:
396 yds/game, 23 TDs, 2 INTs

He's could surpass his freshman stats even though he will end up playing 3 less games. His freshman stats were pretty insane to begin with.

The best receiving corps we've ever had looked like shit today.
153 yards and 3 TDS on 18 catches is shit. Got it. One of the 3 hasn’t played in 2 months. Scored 33 on a team averaging less than 13 given up. Marlon scored 14 by himself. Robinson added 6. So 2 guys who looked like shit scored more points by themselves than Cincy is averaging giving up.

153 yards and 3 TDS on 18 catches is shit. Got it. One of the 3 hasn’t played in 2 months. Scored 33 on a team averaging less than 13 given up. Marlon scored 14 by himself. Robinson added 6. So 2 guys who looked like shit scored more points by themselves than Cincy is averaging giving up.
When you throw it 49 times. Yes. Dillon I thought had his best game of the season and he ends up with a completion percentage of around 50? I don't have the number on the amount of drops, but it was a ton. If you had told Cincinnatti that they would hold us to 243 yards before the game, they would've done a backflip. When you finally have both your deep threats and they only manage 56 yards between them. When your best receiver drops an easy catch that ends up in the hands of the defender, and ends up being the difference in the game, yeah it was a bad game for the corps as a whole. There's no question.

When you throw it 49 times. Yes. Dillon I thought had his best game of the season and he ends up with a completion percentage of around 50? I don't have the number on the amount of drops, but it was a ton. If you had told Cincinnatti that they would hold us to 243 yards before the game, they would've done a backflip. When you finally have both your deep threats and they only manage 56 yards between them. When your best receiver drops an easy catch that ends up in the hands of the defender, and ends up being the difference in the game, yeah it was a bad game for the corps as a whole. There's no question.
Give your best 3 on same field ever and I’ll show you games where they don’t do that. 153 yards and 3 TDS against a defense giving up less than 2 TDS per game.

Give your best 3 on same field ever and I’ll show you games where they don’t do that. 153 yards and 3 TDS against a defense giving up less than 2 TDS per game.
I feel like there is a lack of understanding of our offensive scheme and what it takes for us to win ballgames. And I'm not just talking about Cincy I'm talking about any team. There's a reason we led the nation in yards and yet were only 5-2.

Reactions: clmssun
The drops were uncharacteristic and pretty costly yesterday. It wasn’t just one guy either, so I have to wonder if something was different about the ball, or the lighting. Ironically, it was Jacob Harris who didn’t drop the ball yesterday.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I feel like there is a lack of understanding of our offensive scheme and what it takes for us to win ballgames. And I'm not just talking about Cincy I'm talking about any team. There's a reason we led the nation in yards and yet were only 5-2.
Because the defense can’t stop most teams from moving ball and scoring. Statistically, our worst offensive game was the blowout against Temple. Pulled starters early and handed off. That’s what it takes to win. If not we have to score 40+ or we lose.

Give me your best 3.

Because the defense can’t stop most teams from moving ball and scoring. Statistically, our worst offensive game was the blowout against Temple. Pulled starters early and handed off. That’s what it takes to win. If not we have to score 40+ or we lose.
What it takes to win is playing a team that has no pulse at all? Yeah that would help.

Reactions: clmssun
To be clear, I do think this is one of the better receiving corps we've ever had, they just had a terrible game yesterday.

Still I would take that 2017 trio of Smith, Snelson and Davis every day.
Snelson even in NFL? Gabe averaged 39 ypg and had a total of 4 TDS. I think Tre beats those stats in 4 games this year.

Snelson even in NFL? Gabe averaged 39 ypg and had a total of 4 TDS. I think Tre beats those stats in 4 games this year.
I don't see how Snelson being in the NFL is relevant. Lots of great College Players did nothing in the NFL. (see Shaquem) And not all stats are created equal. For one thing, Gabriel throws the ball about 11 times more per game than Milton did in 2017. Replace Akins with Davis if you'd like, he was more of a WR than TE with how we used him anyway.

I don't see how Snelson being in the NFL is relevant. Lots of great College Players did nothing in the NFL. (see Shaquem) And not all stats are created equal. For one thing, Gabriel throws the ball about 11 times more per game than Milton did in 2017. Replace Akins with Davis if you'd like, he was more of a WR than TE with how we used him anyway.
Follow the thread. It’s only receivers and I’m factoring in NFL because that’s a level playing field. Obviously the jury is still out on the 3 for this year, that’s why it’s a prediction and not going strictly by college numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT