ADVERTISEMENT

Credit Card Recommendations

fabknight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2007
I just go my credit card number stolen again and had to wait for another one. That was like the 4th time in the past 8 years and it's a real pain in the ass when you have automatic bill pay and stuff. I only have one credit card and decided to get another one for emergency back-up.

I really don't travel much and therefore don't want one of those cards with travel rewards. I was thinking about the cash back cards. Do any of you use those? How are they? Any particular one you'd recommend?

I just use the BoA cash back rewards card. I average about 1.5% back. It's probably not that great but it's easy to have everything at the same bank.

Google nerd wallet! I think the American Express Blue is the top card for people with good credit right now.

Thanks all.

The only things I don't like about AMEX is that not every vendor takes them and some mom & pop places require a $50 min.

My main two r:

SallieMae via Barclay has a 5% CB on Groceries & Gas on first $250 spent per month & like first $800 on amazon (non kindle purchases)

Fidelity AMEX no AF 2% straight w $50 minimum redemption

Don't have:
Citi Double cash 2% CB its advantage is its either a MC or VISA so acceptance is higher

This is all assuming you don't want to play signup bonus games for sweet travel

I ended up going with the Citi Double Cash.

It was absolutely amazing how easy it was to apply for and get a credit card on-line. It doesn't take much info and I can see how easily people can steal other's identities. It's really kind of messed up. Social security numbers are the bane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT