ADVERTISEMENT

CU = Not So Classy Fans

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Taken from the TCU = Classy Fans thread:
We were in College Station for the weekend visiting our daughter and after the game we were getting out of our vehicle at the Airbnb and there was a group of about 10 walking down the sidewalk towards Northgate (bar district) when one of them saw my UCF shirt, he yelled Hey! Go frogs, F**k UCF! My wife said very classy! and I just smiled. He started towards us with his friends "holding him back." I just started laughing and told them to have a great evening. Cooler heads in the group moved him on down the street. Guess there's always one, lol.
Yep. You can say that about any fanbase. What defines the worst from the best is how the vast majority of them act.

This feels like a good segway to a discussion about the guests you'll be welcoming to the Bounce House in a couple of weeks. The stories opposing fans could tell you about Colorado fans are legendary. They are consistently hailed as one of THE WORST fanbases in all of CFB.

Enjoy their visit!
;)

And let’s not forget all the bandwagon Prime fans that will be there, not sure if it will be fair to lump them together with a true Colorado fan. All I’m really saying is get there early, to tailgating, parking and your seat!

Reactions: Knight59
And let’s not forget all the bandwagon Prime fans that will be there, not sure if it will be fair to lump them together with a true Colorado fan.
A true Colorado fan IS a bandwagon fan.

They're either non-existent or, if winning, they come into town as arrogant and obnoxious as you can imagine. If they'd come into your game at 0-3, you probably wouldn't have seen them. You'd have found their tickets for sale online instead.

But since they beat their instate rival last Saturday and sport a 2-1 record, they're no doubt back on the Coach Prime bandwagon and ready to conquer the league. Knowing how their fans tend to think, they're likely tell you they are "Old-School, Big XII Royalty" with a team ready to open a can of whup-ass on you upstart, power conference newbies from Florida. They remind me of Miami fans.

Luckily, you are playing them at home. CU fans are one hundred-times worse when you play them on the road. Honest to God, I once saw the refs kick-out an entire section of student fans. I kid you not. The game was delayed for 25 minutes until campus police ushered every single one of them out of the stadium. The nice thing about CU's away game fans is that they aren't dangerous like they are at home. You'll usually find them to be rich, mouthy, and drunk before the game or stoned out of their gord.

As a displaced knight in Colorado who's been to a couple games, I'm surprised to hear that. But then again I haven't been on the opposing side, 2026 could be interesting...
That said the key to the game will be containing Travis Hunter, dude is superhuman. Do that and UCF wins handily.

Florida game might be humbled if FL keeps on losing!

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Gata will always Gata....regardless of record.

I think I meant to say that Florida FANS might be humbled if FL keeps on losing! :)
I'm gonna go OT in my own thread, but the Florida Powers-that-Be have got to be horrible. This program, by all rights, should be a perennial football power. But they go through head coaches like pocket change.

Florida is a textbook example of a fanbase that expects Urban Meyer-like results ASAP from everybody they've hired since. Will Muschamp? A 0.571 winning percentage? Not good enough--pull the trigger. Jim McElwain? A 0.647 winning percentage? Urby did better--get rid of him. Dan Mullen? 0.694? Naw, we've should be doing better. Billy Napier? 0.440? Yikes! Do we get rid of him NOW or after the season?

Coach Prime at CU may not work out. But unlike Florida's revolving door, when he leaves, the program's profile will have significantly improved from where it was when he was hired.

BTW, Florida and Florida State's meltdowns have got to be helping Gus and his assistants in in-state recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT