ADVERTISEMENT

Current State of the program/updated record predictions

jbreezy19

Two-Star Recruit
Silver Member
Oct 28, 2023
For those that are saying don't overreact to just one game. While I agree to an extent, what would be the conversation currently be around the program if we didn't have that miraculous comeback against TCU and were 2-2 with an 0-2 Big 12 record.

I never could of thought our defense could of gotten worse from last year but it has and its not even close. The pass rushing concerns were valid as Shedeur was pressured the least all season against us but the most glaring problem is the secondary. Everyone talks about how much the recruits love Addison and that's the main selling point he has keeping him around. Why does that matter when everyone he has brought in has been terrible. Brandon Adams had so much hype within the program going into the year and I don't know if anyone regressed more than him.

Looking at our schedule I see us going probably 7-5 in what we thought was a wide open year up for grabs with a more favorable conference schedule.

Gus is going to have to make some major shakeups in the offseason or I think he's going to lose the fanbase quickly and the national outlook on the program will start trending the wrong way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.