ADVERTISEMENT

Cycling

UCFRogerz

Golden Knight
Apr 20, 2007
Anyone ride on here? I just picked up a Cannondale Synapse, upgrading from my hardtail mtb that wasn't cutting it on the road.

Road riding is for the crazies that like playing chicken with cars. I'll stick to MTB thanks.
Hah. There are dozens of decent paved trails in Orlando. I like my mtb it's just that Florida seems to have more roads than mountains.

Hah. There are dozens of decent paved trails in Orlando. I like my mtb it's just that Florida seems to have more roads than mountains.

FL has tons of roads...all mostly filled with drivers that can't put down their cell phones.

Car just needs to swerve 2 degrees (by looking at their cell phone) and any nearby cyclist in the road will go splat.

Sorry, not worth it to trust every driver that you can't see coming from behind you.

Trails are great and more miles seem to be added to them each and every year.

Dude, don't go in the road. It's so annoying when you've got a biker going 12 mph and just enough in your lane that you can't pass without swiping the cars going the other way. So you either have to dart past when the opposite traffic breaks, risking a head on, or get so close to the biker that you might kill him.

Dude, don't go in the road. It's so annoying when you've got a biker going 12 mph and just enough in your lane that you can't pass without swiping the cars going the other way. So you either have to dart past when the opposite traffic breaks, risking a head on, or get so close to the biker that you might kill him.
I avoid roads if I can. And that's the point about being in the road, to keep cars from passing to close and to be seen.

Central Florida has two IMBA top ten trail systems. Don't let anyone fool you and think we don't have world class MTB trails here.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT