ADVERTISEMENT

Daily USA mass shooting thread

Daily USA Mass Shooting Thread
Sorry, NinjaKnight, but your thread title is bogus.

DAILY???!?

As of November 14th of this year, we'd already experienced 366 mass shooting incidents. That's a hell of a lot of 'thoughts' and 'prayers.'

Sorry, NinjaKnight, but your thread title is bogus.

DAILY???!?

As of November 14th of this year, we'd already experienced 366 mass shooting incidents. That's a hell of a lot of 'thoughts' and 'prayers.'
Can you define what qualifies as a “mass shooting incident?” That number seems high.

Google 'the number of mass shootings in US'
Ok. So it’s any incident involving a firearm where at least 4 people are injured.

You’ll have more productive conversations if you don’t pretend there have been nearly 400 instances of acts of random gun violence on strangers. When you lump gang shootouts and shootings outside of seedy nightclubs into the same category as a madman shooting random strangers in public you’re bending the truth.

You’ll have more productive conversations if you don’t pretend there have been nearly 400 instances of acts of random gun violence on strangers.
Huh? I’m not pretending anything. I simply googled the number of mass shootings in the US in 2019 and got 366. (But that was 3 weeks ago so we’re probably up to 400 by now.).

CNN has a story out there which indicates there have been 45 school shootings this year in 46 weeks. Want to quibble with that one too?

Huh? I’m not pretending anything. I simply googled the number of mass shootings in the US in 2019 and got 366. (But that was 3 weeks ago so we’re probably up to 400 by now.).

CNN has a story out there which indicates there have been 45 school shootings this year in 46 weeks. Want to quibble with that one too?
I think there’s an understood definition of what people are commonly referring to when they talk about “mass shootings” or “school shootings” and I think you’ve found some figures that include things that are well outside of what people generally think of when they use those terms. I also think that’s on purpose both by the people who define those terms so broadly, and by you when you grab that number and run with it.

Was there any guns involved or was this one of those mass murders involving knives and fertilizer?

Not much point in trying to debate with people who purposefully stick their heads in the sand when it comes to facts and reality.

Why do you bother to post facts when people just complain because they don't like the facts you post?

These people are beyond hope, they already decided to stick with their draft dodging cadet bone spurs in Chief, nothing you post will change their mind.

Not much point in trying to debate with people who purposefully stick their heads in the sand when it comes to facts and reality.

Why do you bother to post facts when people just complain because they don't like the facts you post?

These people are beyond hope, they already decided to stick with their draft dodging cadet bone spurs in Chief, nothing you post will change their mind.
First of all, I didn’t vote for Trump the first time and don’t plan on voting for him next year.

Secondly, I’m fine with a discussion about any facts. What I’m against is using a set of parameters to define something one way when people understand it to be something else.

People commonly understand mass shootings to be public, random, and without any motive beyond causing chaos (often directed at a group the shooter perceives has hurt them). They think Columbine, Pulse, Las Vegas, Aurora, or some type of shooting like that.

It’s disingenuous to conflate a Chicago drive-by where 4 people were hit in the leg with the type of shooting we saw in Parkland by calling them both mass shootings. The mass shooting definition used in the “~400 mass shootings so far in 2019” stories are far different than the definition commonly understood by most Americans.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It’s disingenuous to conflate a Chicago drive-by where 4 people were hit in the leg with the type of shooting we saw in Parkland...
First off, I want to make it clear that it was the BBC who came up with the number, not me. I was just curious how many there have been this year.

Second, even if the BBC used a definition of ‘mass’ shootings that you would be comfortable with, the number would be WAY TOO MANY whatever that crazy number would be. The number of times this board has had a thread to offer our thought and prayers following a mass shooting is appalling.

First off, I want to make it clear that it was the BBC who came up with the number, not me. I was just curious how many there have been this year.

Second, even if the BBC used a definition of ‘mass’ shootings that you would be comfortable with, the number would be WAY TOO MANY whatever that crazy number would be. The number of times this board has had a thread to offer our thought and prayers following a mass shooting is appalling.

Outside of living in a democratic city like Chicago, your chance of getting killed by a gun is very slim if your not a criminal. Supposedly the Pensacola shooting is a terrorist act. A radicalized Saudi.

Outside of living in a democratic city like Chicago, your chance of getting killed by a gun is very slim if your not a criminal.
Meaning what? Gun violence is not a national issue after all?

Our resident gun fetishists are hell bent on convincing everybody that since our family’s chances of getting caught in a madman’s attack are ‘very slim’, offering up our thoughts and prayers is really all we should do.

Meaning what? Gun violence is not a national issue after all?

Our resident gun fetishists are hell bent on convincing everybody that since our family’s chances of getting caught in a madman’s attack are ‘very slim’, offering up our thoughts and prayers is really all we should do.
You throw around wildly misleading statistics and call people who disagree with you “gun fetishists.”

Tone down your rhetoric, dude. People are going to disagree with you when you’re pushing for extreme solutions. You’re vague with your prescriptions, but I’m assuming you want something pretty extreme, which is why you feel the need to frame the problem as extremely as you do.

Muslims are by and large marginalized in our systemically racist society, how can they be blamed?

You throw around wildly misleading statistics...
Yeah ‘wildly’ misleading mass shooting stats from the BBC that included mass shootings by gangs.
People are going to disagree with you when you’re pushing for extreme solutions.
What extreme solutions am I supposedly pushing? I take it anything beyond offering thoughts and prayers is an infringement of your Second Amendment rights.

Yeah ‘wildly’ misleading mass shooting stats from the BBC that included mass shootings by gangs.
What extreme solutions am I supposedly pushing? I take it anything beyond offering thoughts and prayers is an infringement of your Second Amendment rights.
You cut off my last sentence. I don’t know what you’re proposing, but since you feel the need to exaggerate the issue to make it seem like something like the NASP happens every day, I’m assuming it’s extreme. Feel free to clarify what your position is.

You cut off my last sentence. I don’t know what you’re proposing, but since you feel the need to exaggerate the issue to make it seem like something like the NASP happens every day, I’m assuming it’s extreme. Feel free to clarify what your position is.
Feel free to offer your own solution, you racist, inbred prick

Love trumps hate, right?
**** THE SOUTH. **** ’em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they’d stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves — yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We’re the ****ing Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

’Cause we ****ing founded this country, assholes. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bullshit about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn’t bother to read the first half of the ****ing sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing, lacy-shirt-sporting revolutionaries were? They were ****ing blue-staters, dickhead . . . Think there might be a reason all the ****ing monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, no. Get the **** out and please **** my wife. We’re not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and ****ing Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your Real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those ****ing stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for ****ing blue states . . . Get it? We started this shit, so don’t get all uppity about how real you are, you Johnny-come-lately, “Oooooh I’ve been a state for almost a hundred years” dickheads. **** off . . .

The next dickwad who says, “It’s your money, not the government’s money” is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the 10 states that get the most federal ****ing dollars and pay the least . . . can you guess? . . . They’re red states. And eight of the 10 states that receive the least and pay the most? . . . Blue states. It’s not your money, assholes, it’s ****ing our money. . .

Let’s talk about values for a ****ing minute . . . Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate, you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It’s ****ing Massachusetts, the ****ing center of the gay-marriage universe . . . Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: Nine of the 10 lowest divorce rates are ****ing blue states, asshole, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? . . . Ten of the top 10 are ****ing red-ass, we’re-so-****ing-moral states.

But two guys making out is going to ****ing ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you’re ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that’s okay because you go to church, right?

I mean, you do, right? ’Cause we ****ing get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time . . . Maybe we ****ing Northerners don’t talk about religion as much as you because we’re not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous assholes? No, you’re too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the ****ing Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain’t us up here in the North, assholes.

Well, this gravy train is ****ing over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bullshit and shove it up your ass . . .

**** THE SOUTH. **** ’em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they’d stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves — yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We’re the ****ing Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

’Cause we ****ing founded this country, assholes. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bullshit about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn’t bother to read the first half of the ****ing sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing, lacy-shirt-sporting revolutionaries were? They were ****ing blue-staters, dickhead . . . Think there might be a reason all the ****ing monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, no. Get the **** out and please **** my wife. We’re not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and ****ing Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your Real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those ****ing stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for ****ing blue states . . . Get it? We started this shit, so don’t get all uppity about how real you are, you Johnny-come-lately, “Oooooh I’ve been a state for almost a hundred years” dickheads. **** off . . .

The next dickwad who says, “It’s your money, not the government’s money” is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the 10 states that get the most federal ****ing dollars and pay the least . . . can you guess? . . . They’re red states. And eight of the 10 states that receive the least and pay the most? . . . Blue states. It’s not your money, assholes, it’s ****ing our money. . .

Let’s talk about values for a ****ing minute . . . Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate, you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It’s ****ing Massachusetts, the ****ing center of the gay-marriage universe . . . Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: Nine of the 10 lowest divorce rates are ****ing blue states, asshole, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? . . . Ten of the top 10 are ****ing red-ass, we’re-so-****ing-moral states.

But two guys making out is going to ****ing ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you’re ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that’s okay because you go to church, right?

I mean, you do, right? ’Cause we ****ing get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time . . . Maybe we ****ing Northerners don’t talk about religion as much as you because we’re not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous assholes? No, you’re too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the ****ing Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain’t us up here in the North, assholes.

Well, this gravy train is ****ing over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bullshit and shove it up your ass . . .
https://www.laweekly.com/a-message-from-the-arrogant-liberal-elite/

1. Make a troll account and say insane things and act like you're a liberal

2. Make liberals look bad.

3. Only maga chuds are dumb enough not to notice

4. Accidentally expose maga chuds as idiots

5. Own the chuds instead of the libs

@ShinobiWolf great job, flawless execution.

1. Make a troll account and say insane things and act like you're a liberal

2. Make liberals look bad.

3. Only maga chuds are dumb enough not to notice

4. Accidentally expose maga chuds as idiots

5. Own the chuds instead of the libs

@ShinobiWolf great job, flawless execution.
You’re barely different than his trolling persona.

If his goal was to show some of you as name-calling people who aren’t really interested in honest discussions in good faith, you’re not doing anything to show he’s wrong.

If his goal was to show some of you as name-calling people who aren’t really interested in honest discussions in good faith, you’re not doing anything to show he’s wrong.

:joy::joy::joy:

I love how you think actually intelligent people are interested in debating with inbred MAGAts. I'd rather yell repeatedly at a doorknob, the results will be the same.

You literally just said you are smarter than the BBC when it comes to defining mass shootings and you fell for the most painfully obvious troll job the world had ever seen.

You are not an intelligent person.

Reactions: ShinobiWolf
Outside of living in a democratic city like Chicago, your chance of getting killed by a gun is very slim if your not a criminal. Supposedly the Pensacola shooting is a terrorist act. A radicalized Saudi.
yup terrorist attack and it looks to be a group of them. its pretty sick.

What do I have to gain from engaging in honest discussion with Trump bootlickers? If you haven't realized the guy is a crook by now, you never will. And, if you have realized he's a crook and you are willing to overlook it for tax cuts and portfolio growth then you're a person with no significant value system.

Soooooooo, why would I try and engage in honest discussion with people like that? If you're pro Trump now there is nothing that could ever happen to shake your support. So I'll pass on open discussion with chudites and I'll continue to converse with those in society who have their value system intact.

What do I have to gain from engaging in honest discussion with Trump bootlickers? If you haven't realized the guy is a crook by now, you never will. And, if you have realized he's a crook and you are willing to overlook it for tax cuts and portfolio growth then you're a person with no significant value system.

Soooooooo, why would I try and engage in honest discussion with people like that? If you're pro Trump now there is nothing that could ever happen to shake your support. So I'll pass on open discussion with chudites and I'll continue to converse with those in society who have their value system intact.

Exactly. If you are dumb enough to still be a MAGAt in Dec of 2019 you have no hope as a human being and can provide nothing of value to a conversation.

:joy::joy::joy:

I love how you think actually intelligent people are interested in debating with inbred MAGAts. I'd rather yell repeatedly at a doorknob, the results will be the same.

You literally just said you are smarter than the BBC when it comes to defining mass shootings and you fell for the most painfully obvious troll job the world had ever seen.

You are not an intelligent person.
1. Anyone who doesn’t agree with you about gun control is an “inbred MAGAt?”

2. I don’t think you know what “literally” means.

3. How did I fall for it? I responded with a link to where he got the rant from... obviously I could tell he wasn’t serious.

Please show me where I’ve been licking Trump’s boots. I’ll wait. It’s funny that you immediately jump to Trump, because it’s obvious you’re obsessed with him. I didn’t vote for him in ‘16 and won’t vote for him in ‘20.

I never asked anyone in this thread to talk about Trump. I’m curious about why people think it’s productive to lump all “mass shootings” in to the same category. I’m curious about why the number of victims is set at four, and that includes injuries. Why include drive-by instances where 4 people are shot in limbs and nobody has life threatening injuries, but not include a drive-by triple homicide where nobody else is injured? Somebody with a gang hit list and good aim is less likely to be considered a “mass shooter,” but is far more dangerous in reality.

Obviously gun violence is an issue, and addressing it requires an honest look at what’s going on. Commenting on a thread about a terrorist shooting at random people at NAS Pensacola with a misleading figure suggesting that this sort of thing has happened well over 350 times is not taking an honest look at what’s going on.

Maybe you’re not interested in a real discussion with people who disagree with you. Maybe you’d rather just call people names and make assumptions about them because it’a easier than thinking about and defending what your position is.

Please show me where I’ve been licking Trump’s boots. I’ll wait. It’s funny that you immediately jump to Trump, because it’s obvious you’re obsessed with him. I didn’t vote for him in ‘16 and won’t vote for him in ‘20.

I never asked anyone in this thread to talk about Trump. I’m curious about why people think it’s productive to lump all “mass shootings” in to the same category. I’m curious about why the number of victims is set at four, and that includes injuries. Why include drive-by instances where 4 people are shot in limbs and nobody has life threatening injuries, but not include a drive-by triple homicide where nobody else is injured? Somebody with a gang hit list and good aim is less likely to be considered a “mass shooter,” but is far more dangerous in reality.

Obviously gun violence is an issue, and addressing it requires an honest look at what’s going on. Commenting on a thread about a terrorist shooting at random people at NAS Pensacola with a misleading figure suggesting that this sort of thing has happened well over 350 times is not taking an honest look at what’s going on.

Maybe you’re not interested in a real discussion with people who disagree with you. Maybe you’d rather just call people names and make assumptions about them because it’a easier than thinking about and defending what your position is.
fried chicken is a crappy progressive liberal troll.

From wikipedia after 5 min of googling.
  • Under U.S. federal law, the Attorney General – on a request from a state – may assist in investigating “mass killings,” rather than mass shootings. The term was originally defined as the murder of four or more people with no cooling-off period[5][4] but redefined by Congress in 2013 as being murder of three or more people.[6]
There is legal precedent to consider 3 or 4 victims "mass"

Of course none of this matters because we are so unimaginably above the threshold of acceptability that saying only 5 or 6 or 7 people shot should count as a mass shooting we would still have far too many mass shootings.

This is why I say I don't care to engage in "honest dialogue" with maga chuds. You're focused on attacking information that you don't want to believe vs addressing a serious issue. If you don't like information you try to find a way to discredit it so you didn't have to face it.

i took you off ignore a month ago to see if you had changed and were adding to the conversation. nope. you still continue to drag the board down with your hate.

:joy::joy: suuure you did.

I love how the guy who cheers on locking children up in literal cages seperate from their parents says I'm the one with the hate.

This is why I love this board. Unbelievable amounts of comedy. For free.

From wikipedia after 5 min of googling.
  • Under U.S. federal law, the Attorney General – on a request from a state – may assist in investigating “mass killings,” rather than mass shootings. The term was originally defined as the murder of four or more people with no cooling-off period[5][4] but redefined by Congress in 2013 as being murder of three or more people.[6]
There is legal precedent to consider 3 or 4 victims "mass"

Of course none of this matters because we are so unimaginably above the threshold of acceptability that saying only 5 or 6 or 7 people shot should count as a mass shooting we would still have far too many mass shootings.

This is why I say I don't care to engage in "honest dialogue" with maga chuds. You're focused on attacking information that you don't want to believe vs addressing a serious issue. If you don't like information you try to find a way to discredit it so you didn't have to face it.
Dude, chill with the name calling. You consistently fall back on calling me a “maga chud.”

I’m not attacking information. I agree that there’s a problem, but I disagree with the numbers used to exaggerate it to create hysteria.

I think we’d all agree that in order to address a crime problem you need to understand it. To lump this NASP shooting in with a Chicago gang shootout as though they’re in any way similar is displaying a lack of understanding the problem. They’re motivated very differently, they’re executed differently, and they have very different perpetrators. Why look at them together?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT