ADVERTISEMENT

Dawkins tried playing Tacko with Chad Brown -- what do you think?

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
Out of desperation perhaps, coach had Chad play with Tacko. It resulting in Tacko being able to step out farther (to the high post for screens on offense and to challenge mid-range shots while on defense). Looked too organized (if anything was organized today) to not have been worked out in practice.

Last year, I hoped big Justin would be put in with Tacko, and Donny finally did it to great success in half court sets -- but neither could get back on defense after baskets or steals. Chad and a better conditioned Tacko run the floor well enough.

Tacko should NEVER be setting a high screen...as his defender can just leave him as he knows Tacko won't be getting the ball.

One time Tacko got a pass near the 3 pt line...stupid.

Tacko has to learn to FIGHT for space at the low block...that's his value on offense.

Tacko should NEVER be setting a high screen...as his defender can just leave him as he knows Tacko won't be getting the ball.

Tacko has to learn to FIGHT for space at the low block...that's his value on offense.
Tacko has to get the pivot move down (IMHO). With the Kevin McHale pivot move, he doesn't have to put the ball down or dribble! :) Thoughts?

I mean if he could somehow dripple he might have a different move?

Reactions: Mikesi
Tacko should NEVER be setting a high screen...as his defender can just leave him as he knows Tacko won't be getting the ball..
Funny, because that's been Dawkins' bread and butter play all season and what helped get us to this point.
Sounds like you are referring to a "high post" offense instead.
In practice, Tacko's been seen practicing driving the lane from the high post (if you call on bounce a drive).

I wouldn't say never. Maybe we like the matchup better with who is guarding Tacko so a switch on the screen would work in our favor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT