ADVERTISEMENT

DC statehood

DC poverty rates are about as bad as anywhere in the country and the income inequality is about as high as anywhere in the country. Not everyone who lives in DC works in government, or doesnt have a high paying government job.

It's skewed because so many of the government workers live in Alexandria or in MD/VA. I don't know what being a State would have to do with poverty levels since that is directly attributable to the Mayor's office and what they do or don't do. And DC has a Mayor.

It's skewed because so many of the government workers live in Alexandria or in MD/VA. I don't know what being a State would have to do with poverty levels since that is directly attributable to the Mayor's office and what they do or don't do. And DC has a Mayor.

Yes, they have a mayor but the local leadership isnt like local governments in other places. Congress control's the DC budget, not the Mayor or city council, congress can over turn local laws, etc. They have to have approval from people who are elected from other parts of the country and whose primary interest is to their home district. All I am saying is that they are American citizens, it is an American city, there is no reason they dont have at least 1 voting member of congress.

I didn't read single post here. Why? Because the US Constitution is crystal clear about DC. It's never to be part of a state. Case closed. The idea is unconstitutional and that is the end of it.

Dont tell the animals that. They are going to get really pissed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT