Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cereal - and a big bowl of it

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
I have heard some weird options for breakfast recently so I am making this the question de jour.

My response is eggs- 3 eggs with some feta cheese and hot sauce every day.

i normally eat a breakfast bar.

if i had a choice it would be some kind of egg and then some yogurt on the side.

I know a guy who eats curry for breakfast every morning. Dal or chana masala. I love that food too but not at 6 am.

Rotating menu of eggs, cereal or Toaster Strudals. I know they're shit but they taste good. Coffee on the ride to work.

Not a wise move

The myrh that breakfast is the most important meal of the day has long ago been debunked by actual nutrional scientists. It was started by breakfast companies (shocker).

Intermittent fasting is a very useful tool for losing weight, most nutrionists recommend IF late in the day but morning also has been proven to work.

The myrh that breakfast is the most important meal of the day has long ago been debunked by actual nutrional scientists. It was started by breakfast companies (shocker).

Intermittent fasting is a very useful tool for losing weight, most nutrionists recommend IF late in the day but morning also has been proven to work.

When did anyone say it's the "most important" meal of the day?

There are tons of studies showing that people who eat breakfast lose weight more effectively.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/lose-weight-eat-breakfast#1

"Most -- 78% -- reported eating breakfast every day, and almost 90% reported eating breakfast at least five days a week - which suggests that starting the day with breakfast is an important strategy to lose weight and keep it off," says James O. Hill, PhD, the Registry's co-founder and director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Where did I say anyone said that? It is a common myth that is often referenced by ignorant people. Plenty of research shows IF leads to weight reduction, increased brain performance and lifespan.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680567/

There is a large body of evidence that suggests fasting can benefit both the body and brain... overweight adults with moderate asthma consumed only 20% of their normal calorie intake on alternate days (Free Radical Bio Med2007;42:665–74). Participants who adhered to the diet lost 8% of their initial body weight over eight weeks. They also saw a decrease in markers of oxidative stress and inflammation, and improvement of asthma-related symptoms and several quality-of-life indicators.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...fasting-may-be-center-of-increasing-lifespan/

The study, published Oct. 26 online in Cell Metabolism, sheds light on the basic biology involved in cells’ declining ability to process energy over time, which leads to aging and age-related disease, and how interventions such as periods of fasting might promote healthy aging.

Last edited:
When did anyone say it's the "most important" meal of the day?

There are tons of studies showing that people who eat breakfast lose weight more effectively.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/features/lose-weight-eat-breakfast#1

"Most -- 78% -- reported eating breakfast every day, and almost 90% reported eating breakfast at least five days a week - which suggests that starting the day with breakfast is an important strategy to lose weight and keep it off," says James O. Hill, PhD, the Registry's co-founder and director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center.
i dont think ninja was saying that breakfast is stupid. i think he was just saying the marketing campaign years ago that breakfast was the most important meal of the day was crap. breakfast is still important.

No joke, out of all the fast food breakfasts Taco Bell is up at the top for me. I haven’t had their ridiculous fried egg taco pictured there, but their breakfast crunch wraps are pretty damn good.
i kind of want to try it just to say that i did

No joke, out of all the fast food breakfasts Taco Bell is up at the top for me. I haven’t had their ridiculous fried egg taco pictured there, but their breakfast crunch wraps are pretty damn good.

That egg taco is actually pretty good. Wouldn’t recommend it daily obviously but it was done pretty well.

We do Huevos Rancheros at home for dinner sometimes. Its really good if done well

Protein shake with greek yogurt and milk is pretty typical. 3 eggs and bacon/sausage on the weekends.

no smoothie option?

I have a strawberry, peanut butter and oats smoothie almost every morning. Some mornings, if I'm out of frozen strawberries, I'll have a bowl of cereal.

Protein powder shake at 5 am, espresso at 6 am and then a granola bar or trail mix at 730 am.

Missed the smoothie option. I actually may start up with those again since I often don't have time to cook up eggs and clean.

no smoothie option?

I have a strawberry, peanut butter and oats smoothie almost every morning. Some mornings, if I'm out of frozen strawberries, I'll have a bowl of cereal.
What oats do you use so it doesn't end up gritty or is that just the nature of the beast? I did an apple cinnamon oatmeal protein shake a couple times. It was like drinking sand. It tasted awesome but apples and oatmeal don't puree very well and the Ninja blender does really well with that kinda thing.

Breakfast/Brunch foods are my absolute favorite. That being said, I need to switch it up every few weeks. Sometimes I'll have a pastry, then maybe an egg sandwich. You can't go wrong with a good egg biscuit.

Chicken & Waffles is the ULTIMATE brunch food though.

Reactions: btbones and UCFBS
Fresh banana, sometimes eggs, a protein bar or some sort of sugar boost (something without saturate fat).

Chicken & Waffles is good for breakfast, lunch, dinner or 2nd breakfast or fourthmeal for that matter!

On the weekends: go HAM on brunch. Homemade bacon egg and cheese biscuits with some thick cut smoked bacon from a local butcher and various cheeses. Or home made chicken and waffles with a little table top fryer.

Weekdays usually a protein shake on workout days, or just tea on IF days

Breakfast/Brunch foods are my absolute favorite. That being said, I need to switch it up every few weeks. Sometimes I'll have a pastry, then maybe an egg sandwich. You can't go wrong with a good egg biscuit.

Sometimes when I splurge I get some Sourdough bread, put scrambled eggs on with light cheese and gently melt. Then add fresh sliced avacado.It is tremendous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT