ADVERTISEMENT

Dem candidate touts prayer

You do realize that the Democratic party is the party that will not tolerate any religious thought at this point, correct?

I mean, it's right there. It won't be tolerated ... at all. That's my point.

They are literally not realizing how much good exists -- not just some, but most -- of what Christians do and fund in this country.

Even for alleged 'Liberal' causes. That's my huge point! Especially when the government fails them!

The Democratic party tolerates all kinds of Religious thoughts, in fact one could argue they tolerate more Religious thoughts than Republicans. You are just making stuff up now.

The Democratic party tolerates all kinds of Religious thoughts, in fact one could argue they tolerate more Religious thoughts than Republicans. You are just making stuff up now.
Huh? Do you realize the sh--storm that just came down on her?

It's not 2008 any more. It's not like when Hillary and Obama were against supporting gay marriage on a federal level, even if they were fine with states doing it on their own -- especially when they both said it was "Against Their Religion," which is considered 'bigotry' just 8 years later.

You cannot make any Christian like statements, especially none around prayer, in the Democratic party if you're running for President, period. This is 2020 people, and this is just a taste of it.

Huh? Do you realize the sh--storm that just came down on her?

It's not 2008 any more. It's not like when Hillary and Obama were against supporting gay marriage on a federal level, even if they were fine with states doing it on their own -- especially when they both said it was "Against Their Religion," which is considered 'bigotry' just 8 years later.

You cannot make any Christian like statements, especially none around prayer, in the Democratic party if you're running for President, period. This is 2020 people, and this is just a taste of it.

You are quite obviously just equating Religious thoughts with Christianity, but there are other Religions in the world, that are most certainly tolerated more in the Democratic party than the Republican party. Hell, I have seen some conservative commentators go after Mayor Pete for being Episcopalian and saying that isn't a real Christian religion. So for some evangelical conservatives it isn't just about being Christian, it is about being the right kind of Christian. Republicans pander to evangelicals, where as Democrats don't pander much with regards to Religion, but when they do, they tend to do it in a much broader sense.

You are simply wrong. Democrats don't run on Religion like Republicans, that is certainly true, but this idea you are trying to put forth that Democrats are against Christianity is simply dumb and not based in reality. The vast majority of Democrats identify as Christian. The difference in Republicans in Democrats with regards to Religion is that many Republicans (not all by any means) want policies that support their Religious positions, where as Democrats think Religion and politics should be mostly separate.

Last edited:
You are quite obviously just equating Religious thoughts with Christianity,
Because that's what the US Media goes after, along with equating some Judism with Israeli Policy (some do, some don't ... but enough do).

Omar and Tilab are certainly make this a seriously poor situation for the Democratic party. I mean, the whole anti-BSD and anti-boycott never was a consideration before they pushed BSD funding. I'm against anti-boycotts ... but talk about stupidly rallying not just the Republicans, but even your own party against you!

but there are other Religions in the world,
Of course there are, and they are untouchable.

In many cases, it's hypocrisy in action -- 'reasonable accommodation' comes up in Democratic vocabularies when it's not just Judeo-Christian.

I'm not being facetious either. I'm having great difficulty finding any Democrats that understand the 1st Amendment, Reasonable Accommodation and other things any more.

They literally haven't stopped to learn how both the states of Colorado and Washington State and hurting their own rights.

that are most certainly tolerated more in the Democratic party than the Republican party.
That's the US Media speaking.

Have you ever worked with people of Islamic faith in the US military or other institutions? Or looked at Judaism outside of the US Media sphere? It's quite different.

I mean, the US Media immediately blames Trump for violence against the Jewish community. It's quite unreal.

Look beyond the US Media.

Hell, I have seen some conservative commentators
^^^ There you go!

When I say 'US Media' I also mean Fox News too!

go after Mayor Pete for being Episcopalian and saying that isn't a real Christian religion. So for some evangelical conservatives it isn't just about being Christian, it is about being the right kind of Christian.
And how much do they represent the Republican Party? Really?

You utterly missed the whole reason Trump got elected. The whole reason why the silent majority Republican has become more Liberal than the typical Democratic voter. Why longstanding Democratic voters are now defending Republicans!

Even your statements on this board -- while not as bad as others -- represent the same US Media mentality that is not even 10% of the US population any more. There are past Democratic voters out there questioning their own party now, because it's gotten that bad.

Republicans pander to evangelicals,
Republican candidates pander to evangelicals.

But over 2/3rds of Republican voters are sick of them. They 'tolerate' the lip service because the Democratic party has become the anti-Judeo-Christian party, while paying lip service to Muslims. They actually liked Trump more before he started paying the lip service.

Heck, a lot of evangelicals take issue with Trump ... but see the Democratic party as the party that wants to obliterate them.

Again -- KEY POINT -- this one situation showcases that!

But even Muslims are tired of it too. Trump's numbers aren't as bad among minorities and non-Judeo-Christian voters compared to other Republican candidates.

The US Media hopes people don't see that.

where as Democrats don't pander much with regards to Religion, but when they do, they tend to do it in a much broader sense.
No, that's the farce.

They nuke Judeo-Christian values and even try to tie them to Israeli policy. There are a lot of Republicans -- a lot of Trump supporters -- who hate funding Israel, but know Israel is a necessary ally should the fit really hit the shan.

That's it. This is the ultimate example.

Turn off the US Media and go talk to people.

You are simply wrong. Democrats don't run on Religion like Republicans, that is certainly true, but this idea you are trying to put forth that Democrats are against Christianity is simply dumb and not based in reality. The vast majority of Democrats identify as Christian.
The Democratic party -- virtually every candidate -- is a mouthpiece for the US Media agenda.

You are living under a rock if you don't see that, and how much Democratic voters are literally not liking their selections!

I literally had 3 Democratic voting colleagues on Facebook like my post about Williamson, admitting I've been right about this the past 4 years. This one 'woke them up.'

The Democratic party is alienating all sorts of people. Not a single Democratic candidate is being allowed to be anything but what the US Media wants.

Look at Beto as of late, among others. They are telling people what the US Media wants them to hear! And Biden ... OMFG, Biden, just be yourself! Stop being what the US Media wants!

I might vote for Biden if he'd stop trying to 'morph' into what the US Media wants. But it's become the 'echo chamber.'

Chris Wallace of Fox News said it best ... if you aren't registered Democratic and toting the US Media line, you're locked out of so much in DC. It's literally like that in politics.

Which is why Trump is so beloved ... especially when he's demonized.

Because that's what the US Media goes after, along with equating some Judism with Israeli Policy (some do, some don't ... but enough do).

Omar and Tilab are certainly make this a seriously poor situation for the Democratic party. I mean, the whole anti-BSD and anti-boycott never was a consideration before they pushed BSD funding. I'm against anti-boycotts ... but talk about stupidly rallying not just the Republicans, but even your own party against you!

Of course there are, and they are untouchable.

In many cases, it's hypocrisy in action -- 'reasonable accommodation' comes up in Democratic vocabularies when it's not just Judeo-Christian.

I'm not being facetious either. I'm having great difficulty finding any Democrats that understand the 1st Amendment, Reasonable Accommodation and other things any more.

They literally haven't stopped to learn how both the states of Colorado and Washington State and hurting their own rights.

That's the US Media speaking.

Have you ever worked with people of Islamic faith in the US military or other institutions? Or looked at Judaism outside of the US Media sphere? It's quite different.

I mean, the US Media immediately blames Trump for violence against the Jewish community. It's quite unreal.

Look beyond the US Media.

^^^ There you go!

When I say 'US Media' I also mean Fox News too!

And how much do they represent the Republican Party? Really?

You utterly missed the whole reason Trump got elected. The whole reason why the silent majority Republican has become more Liberal than the typical Democratic voter.

Even your statements on this board -- while not as bad as others -- represent the same US Media mentality that is not even 10% of the US population any more. There are Democratic voters out there questioning their own party now, because it's gotten that bad.

Republican candidates pander to evangelicals.

But over 2/3rds of Republican voters are sick of them. They 'tolerate' the lip service because the Democratic party has become the anti-Judeo-Christian party, while paying lip service to Muslims. They actually liked Trump more before he started paying the lip service.

Heck, a lot of evangelicals take issue with Trump ... but see the Democratic party as the party that wants to obliterate them.

Again -- KEY POINT -- this one situation showcases that!

But even Muslims are tired of it too. Trump's numbers aren't as bad among minorities and non-Judeo-Christian voters compared to other Republican candidates.

The US Media hopes people don't see that.

No, that's the farce.

They nuke Judeo-Christian values and even try to tie them to Israeli policy. There are a lot of Republicans -- a lot of Trump supporters -- who hate funding Israel, but know Israel is a necessary ally should the fit really hit the shan.

That's it. This is the ultimate example.

Turn off the US Media and go talk to people.

The Democratic party -- virtually every candidate -- is a mouthpiece for the US Media agenda.

You are living under a rock if you don't see that, and how much Democratic voters are literally not liking their selections!

I literally had 3 Democratic voting colleagues on Facebook like my post about Williamson, admitting I've been right about this the past 4 years. This one 'woke them up.'

The Democratic party is alienating all sorts of people. Not a single Democratic candidate is being allowed to be anything but what the US Media wants.

Look at Beto as of late, among others. They are telling people what they want to hear! And Biden ... OMFG, Biden, just be yourself! Stop being what the US Media wants!

I might vote for Biden if he'd stop trying to 'morph' into what the US Media wants.

The way you chop up posts makes it almost unreadable, so I am not going to even bother going through all that and responding point by point. Regardless, if you think Democrats are against Christians then run with that, I don't care that much. It is funny though that African Americans, who identify heavily as Christian, also identify heavily as Democrats, the party you thinks hates Christians. Again, you are conflating being against certain policies, as being anti- Christian.

Just to be clear, her tweet wasn't just asking people to pray with regards to the hurricane. Her tweet seemed to be suggesting that mind power and meditation could actually turn the hurricane. It was an odd tweet for someone wanting to be president, that's all.
To use your phrase, just to be clear ...

Trying to interpret, poorly, what Christians mean is why the Democratic party -- and people like yourself -- are alienating past Democratic voters, especially Christians who feel they have no home.

While I beat up W. for his use of the term 'crusade,' I don't know how many times he'd say something and I'd have to explain how it was the greatest humility a born again Christian could showcase.

This is yet another. This is literally the US Media wanting to insult someone of faith and they don't realize how many Democratic voters they are continuing to alienate as a result. I mean, so many past Democratic voters feel they have no home in the party. It's really becoming that bad.

Especially as most Churches are not anti-gay marriage any more, and the Zoomer Christians are completely open to it. It's going to be Trump in 2020 at this rate, even with a poor economy.

I honestly think we're heading to a depression that started with Reagan and was accelerated with Clinton, before W.-Obama-Trump started spending us into oblivion. But on civil rights ...

I've been shared sh--less of the Democratic party since 2006, when they started throwing reporters in jail.

if you think Democrats are against Christians then run with that
I'll put it simply, one last time ...

Every Democratic candidate right now is doing the US Media's bidding.
And it's going to keep alienating Democratic voters.

It is funny though that African Americans, who identify heavily as Christian, also identify heavily as Democrats, the party you thinks hates Christians
You seen Trump's African-American numbers versus other Republican candidates? ;)

Again, you are conflating being against certain policies, as being anti- Christian.

Reid caved, and now regrets it while he's been out of politics.
Biden was cruxified for it, and is now caving ... with horrendous results.

I'm not 'judging' Democrats ... do not confuse me with 85 et al.
I'm pointing out how the Democrats are going to lose 2020.

Just to be clear ...

Trying to interpret, poorly, what Christians mean is why the Democratic party -- and people like yourself -- are alienating past Democratic voters, especially Christians who feel they have no home.

While I beat up W. for his use of the term 'crusade,' I don't know how many times he'd say something and I'd have to explain how it was the greatest humility a born again Christian can showcase.

This is yet another. This is literally the US Media wanting to insult someone of faith and they don't realize how many Democratic voters they are continuing to alienate as a result.

It's going to be Trump in 2020 at this rate, even with a poor economy.

"The Bahamas, Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas...may all be in our prayers now. Millions of us seeing Dorian turn away from land is not a wacky idea; it is creative use of the power of the mind. Two minutes of prayer, visualization, meditation for those in the way of the storm."

There was her tweet. I am glad you are worried about Democratic voters, but I don't think most Democratic voters are going to vote for Trump because Marianne Williamson made a tweet that was criticized.

I'll put it simply, one last time ...

And it's going to keep alienating Democratic voters.

You seen Trump's African-American numbers versus other Republican candidates? ;)

Reid caved, and now regrets it while he's been out of politics.
Biden was cruxified for it, and is now caving ... with horrendous results.

I'm not 'judging' Democrats ... do not confuse me with 85 et al.
I'm pointing out how the Democrats are going to lose 2020.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Democrats talk policies, they don't campaign on Religion or being anti- Religion. People who think Democrats hate Religion, aren't likely Democrat voters anyway.

Reid and Biden caved at what? I have no clue what you are talking about. And would you please just type in paragraphs instead of chopping up every post into 10 parts?

I don't even know what you are talking about. Democrats talk policies, they don't campaign on Religion or being anti- Religion.
Those policies and treatment are nearly 100% defined by the US Media right now.

They are anti-religious statements, they are anti-'earn your debt' forgiveness, they are so much so many true Liberals are trying to warn against.

It's the same with Trump at times when he says crap Fox News analysts love. Although, as of late, Fox Business and several moderates in Fox News haven't been kind to him either.

Reid and Biden caved at what? I have no clue what you are talking about. And would you please just type in paragraphs instead of chopping up every post into 10 parts?
No. When you go into depth, I'm going to pick it apart. I'm sorry you cannot follow.

Use logic, not assumption. The US Media is at the heart of everything coming out of every single Democratic candidate right now. Even Biden has lost my vote, unless he comes back out against the US Media, and takes the labeling.

That was actually making him popular!

Those policies and treatment are nearly 100% defined by the US Media right now.

They are anti-religious statements, they are anti-'earn your debt' forgiveness, they are so much so many true Liberals are trying to warn against.

It's the same with Trump at times when he says crap Fox News analysts love. Although, as of late, Fox Business and several moderates in Fox News haven't been kind to him either.

No. When you go into depth, I'm going to pick it apart. I'm sorry you cannot follow.

Use logic, not assumption. The US Media is at the heart of everything coming out of every single Democratic candidate right now. Even Biden has lost my vote, unless he comes back out against the US Media, and takes the labeling.

That was actually making him popular!

What are anti-Religious statements? You have to be at least somewhat specific. You can't just say "the media" and other extremely vague comments, then blame me for not knowing what the hell you are talking about.

Biden had your vote? I thought you were a libertarian?

Biden had your vote? I thought you were a libertarian?
I voted Dole in '96. I respect[ed] Biden, immensely.

It would depend on who the Libertarians put up, but I do not blindly vote Libertarian. I've voted Libertarian in less than 50% of Presidential elections, and have abstained/write-in in 2 so far (2000 and 2008).

I'm registered NPA (No Party Affiliation). Always have been. Always will be.

What are anti-Religious statements? You have to be at least somewhat specific.
Dude, it's been all over, especially the demonizations of Christians who believe in prayer -- including Williamson repeatedly warning the Democratic party how they are alienating people. But instead of listing over 100 articles I easily find in a Google search, or even sending a couple of searches ...

I'll credit the Washington Post for actually covering Williamson just 3 days ago, in a very detailed set of responses. You'll probably hate them, because they read like one of my 'bottom post' (classic '80s-'90s individual responses to blocks of text, instead of all-in-one 'top post') retorts.

Power Up: Marianne Williamson defends idea ‘power of the mind’ could impact Hurricane Dorian
The Democratic presidential candidate wants to be taken seriously and not always literally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ct-hurricane-dorian/5d71642d88e0fa7bb93a8976/

I once was verbally reprimanded in DC for using the phrase, "Everything happens for a reason.' That's the world that is the problem. I'm not even religious, but it was as if I said, "I put my blind faith and trust in God" or, worse yet, "You deserved what you get."

And I"m not even religious. That's the problem right there.

Dude, it's been all over, especially the demonizations of Christians who believe in prayer -- including Williamson repeatedly warning the Democratic party how they are alienating people. But instead of listing over 100 articles I easily find in a Google search, or even sending a couple of searches ...

I'll credit the Washington Post for actually covering Williamson just 3 days ago, in a very detailed set of responses. You'll probably hate them, because they read like one of my 'bottom post' (classic '80s-'90s individual responses to blocks of text, instead of all-in-one 'top post') retorts.

Power Up: Marianne Williamson defends idea ‘power of the mind’ could impact Hurricane Dorian
The Democratic presidential candidate wants to be taken seriously and not always literally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ct-hurricane-dorian/5d71642d88e0fa7bb93a8976/

I once was verbally reprimanded in DC for using the phrase, "Everything happens for a reason.' That's the world that is the problem. I'm not even religious, but it was as if I said, "I put my blind faith and trust in God" or, worse yet, "You deserved what you get."

And I"m not even religious. That's the problem right there.

Again, specifics would be nice. But I am assuming other than the Wlliamson thing, which again, it wasn't really prayer people criticized as much as she sounded like she thought minds could move hurricanes.

Are you talking about "thoughts and prayers"? Where people criticize politicians for sending out thoughts and prayers after a shooting or something? You realize in those situations they aren't criticizing politicans or people for praying, they are criticizing them because praying is the only thing they are doing. That isn't an attack on Christianity, because the Bible calls for deeds as well as prayers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT