ADVERTISEMENT

DG definitely made the right decision when he left Gus

I haven’t read anyone saying ignore Frost coming back to UCF. The fact is he flopped at Nebraska….a Blueblood program having more resources than not only UCF, but the overwhelming majority of schools. It probably had a lot to do with the jump up in competition for recruits and on the field. There aren’t as many cupcakes as in the AAC. There aren’t as many cupcakes in the Big 12 either.

I will forever love Frost for what he did at UCF, but to assume he’d do the same thing in the Big 12 because “UCF is UCF” and not Nebraska is a 50/50 proposition at best. …and based on his last performance at one of the blueblood programs in the country with every resource in the world is …unlikely. Matt Rhule is currently 5-1 in his second season at the same Nebraska Frost coached.

Everything you said about your confidence in Frost’s ability to do it again at UCF is wiped away when even you’re not all in. “PS, not sure I’d want Frost” 😀

“Did the point get across yet? “ 😜
Frost is surrounded by the type of players he needs in Florida. It's not easy to get Florida/Georgia/Alabama/Louisiana kids to Nebraska. Those states are UCF's pipelines.

Reactions: connerito
Frost is surrounded by the type of players he needs in Florida. It's not easy to get Florida/Georgia/Alabama/Louisiana kids to Nebraska. Those states are UCF's pipelines.
When there were little options Jersey kids went to Nebraska but that stopped when college football really opened up. In addition relationships with coaches dry up after years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT