ADVERTISEMENT

Did JRP get any playing time last Knight against Buffalo?

Is practice squad better than doing the xfl? With the new nfl kick off rules do they really need a returner? 53 roster cut off is Tuesday Aug 28.

Is practice squad better than doing the xfl? With the new nfl kick off rules do they really need a returner? 53 roster cut off is Tuesday Aug 28.

Seems like practice squad for NFL pays more than double what UFL players make.

Neither are great salaries for the the physical toll they take and there is many player college players making significantly more money. May take 5+ years to match what Dillon Gabriel got this year.

With John Rhys Plumlee at quarterback for his second drive, the Steelers' drive came down to a crucial fourth-and-three. The former UCF product found Quez Watkins downfield for a 24-yard gain. However, an illegal man downfield penalty wiped it out before a false start on the following play forced them to punt.
Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...rge-to-24-17-preseason-finale-win/ar-AA1pnf43

In his 2 drives there were 3 penalties I believe. 2 false starts by linemen and illegal man downfield. The illegal man downfield was 4th and 3. He got first down on a nice play. He ran ok as well. But the question someone asked about are returners needed, I have yet to see a play where they didn’t return it. If it lands in the zone; you have to return it or the other team can get it.

"I bet he makes the practice squad"

There already is a running bet challenge he doesn't.

Tuesday's 4 p.m. deadline for 53-man roster. Most predictions have him getting cut or practice squad.

Yes from what I read in earlier articles and interviews he agreed to play WR to increase his chances of staying on the team even on the practice squad.

You can't teach some of the skill sets he has so he could get a break from somebody in the NFL. Look at the ex-QBs who played WR for New England for example.

Yes from what I read in earlier articles and interviews he agreed to play WR to increase his chances of staying on the team even on the practice squad.

You can't teach some of the skill sets he has so he could get a break from somebody in the NFL. Look at the ex-QBs who played WR for New England for example.
He’s on the Steelers. You can just look at them. Hines Ward and Antwan Randle El were both converted QBs to WR.

Ironically, An ex-UCF player does make Steeler practice squad:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are signing wide receiver Brandon Johnson to their practice squad, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. Johnson spent the last two season with the Denver Broncos, recording 25 catches for 326 yards and five touchdowns.

Reactions: PositYourself
Jags sign JRP to their practice squad

Lobolame-a hurricane fan who never played a down of football, never coached a game of football and whose failed opinions only prove what an idiot you are.
He is awfully athletic. He’s got good knowledge of the game and I guarantee you they’re going to try to put him in a position as a slot receiver similar to quarterbacks who have prevailed in that position. There was no doubt that he was the perfect practice player to try to develop in a new position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT