ADVERTISEMENT

Did you lose money on Flight, Accommodations, or Tickets on Canceled Game?

UCFPAUL88

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2008
Orlando
Rental car was not prepaid so cancellation was easy. Canceled Hotel before their regular deadline and got a full refund.

Luckily I purchased my tickets directly through the Tar Heels ticket office and they fully refunded them automatically. Had I purchased them from StubHub or other third-party source I would be SOL! Then I was thinking about season ticket holders for North Carolina, if they had sold any of their tickets they would have the money for the sale and get refunded.

The last element was my flight on Frontier Airlines. Because of the travel advisory, their policy is they would waive all change fees and allow you to rebook as long as travel was before October 1st.
My specific flight that was scheduled for this morning. It was officially cancelled yesterday and I followed their procedure to request a refund. To my surprise I received an email back today telling me my refund has been approved but they were only refunding the outgoing flight. So as of right now I am eating half the cost of the flight.

That doesn't seem right to me. If they cancel my outgoing flight, and there travel advisory goes through Sunday, why would I even need the return flight? My feeling is they should refund the entire round trip amount. Wanted to get some opinions or suggestions on how to recoup the other half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News