ADVERTISEMENT

Disney may lose self-governing status

I have a lot of anxiety about this christmas. After 2 suicidal episodes this year I am really uncomfortable with the idea of being around the in-laws.

I have a lot of anxiety about this christmas. After 2 suicidal episodes this year I am really uncomfortable with the idea of being around the in-laws.
Nobody likes you, and no woman will ever love you. Because you are a douchebag loser.

I have a lot of anxiety about this christmas. After 2 suicidal episodes this year I am really uncomfortable with the idea of being around the in-laws. This year has also brought about changes with my girls. I got divorced 8 years ago and had full custody of my kids until this year. They moved in with their mom in january and things have been pretty difficult between us since then. Nobody, including my wife, has been terribly supportive of what I've been dealing with this year and I've been putting on a happy face whenever I'm asked how things are going because when I'm honest it makes things worse. I'm just tired of it and now its going to be in my face for the next few days. Nobody understands but everybody has a solution.

Sorry to vent. Merry christmas to everyone"

I have a lot of anxiety about this christmas. After 2 suicidal episodes this year I am really uncomfortable with the idea of being around the in-laws. This year has also brought about changes with my girls. I got divorced 8 years ago and had full custody of my kids until this year. They moved in with their mom in january and things have been pretty difficult between us since then. Nobody, including my wife, has been terribly supportive of what I've been dealing with this year and I've been putting on a happy face whenever I'm asked how things are going because when I'm honest it makes things worse. I'm just tired of it and now its going to be in my face for the next few days. Nobody understands but everybody has a solution.

Fag^^^^

Fag^^^^

Fag ^^^^

Disney has and does stick its nose into FL politics. they deserve no special treatment.
They also have been Bidentized when it comes to young girls.

Reactions: beelit47 and UCFBS
I have to 100% agree with this. Even though I don't like Disney having 'special privileges,' it is still a ''penalty,' or 'threat' of a penalty, for exercising 'Free Speech.' As much as I think Disney is wrong, it's the same thing Progressives are doing in government to shut down alleged 'misinformation.'

Again, to be specific, I utterly believe Disney is pushing total 'misinformation.' And labeling the law is 'Don't Say Gay' is 100% total 'misinformation' by the US Mass and Social Media too. But they still have every right to do so as 100% protected Free Speech.

Last edited:
I have to 100% agree with this. Even though I don't like Disney having 'special privileges,' it is still a ''penalty,' or 'threat' of a penalty, for exercising 'Free Speech.' As much as I think Disney is wrong, it's the same thing Progressives are doing in government to shut down alleged 'misinformation.'

Again, to be specific, I utterly believe Disney is pushing total 'misinformation.' And labeling the law is 'Don't Say Gay' is 100% total 'misinformation' by the US Mass and Social Media too. But they still have every right to do so as 100% protected Free Speech.
Lying about the bill in question and “actively working to repeal it” goes well beyond free speech. Their wokeness got checked by reality. This is why Desantis is at 60% approval in a swing state. Cry libs

Funny how pwn the libs as a political strategy is still popular amongst chuds. However, in this instance they are likely to walk it back prior to July 2023. Due to the non-libs that would be getting pwned in Orange and Osceola.

The really interesting bit is that Jim Banks has called for not renewing the nearly 100-year old copyright on Mickey Mouse. I wonder what would happen in the very unlikely case that the mouse became public domain.

Desantis isn't stopping Disney from doing or saying anything. He simply isn't granting them special privileges while they do it. Disney has the right to push the nonsense they are pushing, they do not have the right to special privileges that no one else has.
People on the left should be jumping for joy that a sitting governor is taking on a mega business.

Desantis isn't stopping Disney from doing or saying anything. He simply isn't granting them special privileges while they do it. Disney has the right to push the nonsense they are pushing, they do not have the right to special privileges that no one else has.
People on the left should be jumping for joy that a sitting governor is taking on a mega business.
If you read my full post, you'll see I said I don't like Disney have special privileges. But tying the end of them to this... it is retribution over free speech.

Reactions: Nautiknight
If you read my full post, you'll see I said I don't like Disney have special privileges. But tying the end of them to this... it is retribution over free speech.
Disney vowed to use their position and resources to undermine a legally enacted law by the State of Florida. That’s a bit more than simply speaking out against a law. We don’t know what went on behind the scenes or what leverage they tried to apply beyond public statements. If it was just public statements and they didn’t mount a campaign to subvert the legally enacted will of the people, then I agree with you. They made it pretty clear that’s what they were going to do and I guess we should’ve waited for them to do it and then moved and dealt with the damage they created afterwards. Our law system is reactionary after all and doesn’t just put people in jail for spouting off emotionally.

Reactions: Nautiknight
Nailed it...

I love how Emily literally points out the destruction of the community and family really has taken over Academia all the way down to Kindergarten as of 2015 and later. So while some of the tit-for-tat in the politicking is a lot of partisanship and demonization, the 'institutionalization' of the country's youth, and the assertion that the state's 'school district' is the 'new parents,' is really happening regardless. It's sad, because teachers and students are in the middle of the school district wanting to cut off parents, and parents now trying to re-assert their rights via state legislatures.

Disney vowed to use their position and resources to undermine a legally enacted law by the State of Florida.
So? Citizens and enterprises alike have a right to question and push back against a law. Sorry, but as much as I disagree with Disney's viewpoint, let alone their special status, they have a right here.

That’s a bit more than simply speaking out against a law. We don’t know what went on behind the scenes or what leverage they tried to apply beyond public statements.
You mean like all special interest?

Seriously, you're complaining about special interest, I understand that. But what I have a problem with is the state taking retribution for that.

I'm tired of people having the attitude that the state must seek retribution against something they don't like... not thinking that won't come back to bite them in the @$$.

I think the Disney actions and views are wrong, and the law very much required because, as default policy, the school districts are cutting off all parents... all, by default.

But Disney very much has the right to disagree, and special interest and lobbying, while a problem, is an universal problem not just limited to Disney. It's retribution, plain and simple.

If it was just public statements and they didn’t mount a campaign to subvert the legally enacted will of the people, then I agree with you. They made it pretty clear that’s what they were going to do and I guess we should’ve waited for them to do it and then moved and dealt with the damage they created afterwards. Our law system is reactionary after all and doesn’t just put people in jail for spouting off emotionally.
But what DeSantis et al. are doing here are saying, "Get in line or we'll take away your special status."

It's retribution.

Again, I say this as someone who wants the special status repealed, and very much agrees with most (but not all) of the law, and thinks Disney is wrong.

Freedom is messy and it's fluid ..The governments job in the US is to ensure liberty and freedom are afforded to the people. The government exist to defend liberty and provide security. I agree the law, all 7 pages of it, is needed. I agree that Disney should not have those privileges especially as somebody who grew up in the area. I also agree Disney has the right to be stupid and divide their customer base and say unfounded crap. That's freedom of speech. I also don't like the heavy hand of Desantis to get back at the mouse . What he should have done is get the guy in the horn and ask him if he even read the law ? His job is to provide that blanket of freedom to Disney not take it away . The law is good , Disney is an idiot and Desantis responded in kind .

So? Citizens and enterprises alike have a right to question and push back against a law. Sorry, but as much as I disagree with Disney's viewpoint, let alone their special status, they have a right here.

Seriously, you're complaining about special interest, I understand that. But what I have a problem with is the state taking retribution for that.

I'm tired of people having the attitude that the state must seek retribution against something they don't like... not thinking that won't come back to bite them in the @$$.

I think the Disney actions and views are wrong, and the law very much required because, as default policy, the school districts are cutting off all parents... all, by default.

But Disney very much has the right to disagree, and special interest and lobbying, while a problem, is an universal problem not just limited to Disney. It's retribution, plain and simple.

But what DeSantis et al. are doing here are saying, "Get in line or we'll take away your special status."

It's retribution.

Again, I say this as someone who wants the special status repealed, and very much agrees with most (but not all) of the law, and thinks Disney is wrong.
There are only a couple of groups that have as much vertical integration in the public discourse as Disney/ABC/Etc. When those 2 or 3 companies decide to disrupt the government’s applications of legally enacted laws, it is not just a special interest. It is a company with the means and stated desire to subvert the government. Special interest by and large can only affect so much and rely on pushing their messages to platforms. Disney is all the platforms, or at least a very large part of them. It is not the same at all. Special interests just don’t play on the scale of Disney. In fact, many of the arguments here are making my point; that Disney has the power to be a severely disruptive force because of their size and reach. You cannot then minimize them as just some special interest group trying to convince people.

Besides, RCID is, and always has been, at the convenience of the government. Disney didn’t deserve it, it’s not a right to be taken away, and the deal could’ve been ended at any time for any reason. Disney just figured they were bigger than Florida and they know what’s right better than the parents and legislators in Florida. So Disney became inconvenient. If you decide to spit in someone’s eye who is doing you a favor, you can’t play the victim card when they rescind that favor.

Looks like I pegged it a year and a half ago. Disney may lose some of its lawsuit, but DeSantis basically gave them the ultimate defense on the 'Free Speech' argument... which is a lot! Stupid, considering Disney lied. Now Disney can argue it doesn't matter if they lied or not, and.... they'd be in the right, civics-wise.

It's retribution.

There are only a couple of groups that have as much vertical integration in the public discourse as Disney/ABC/Etc. When those 2 or 3 companies decide to disrupt the government’s applications of legally enacted laws, it is not just a special interest. It is a company with the means and stated desire to subvert the government. Special interest by and large can only affect so much and rely on pushing their messages to platforms. Disney is all the platforms, or at least a very large part of them. It is not the same at all. Special interests just don’t play on the scale of Disney. In fact, many of the arguments here are making my point; that Disney has the power to be a severely disruptive force because of their size and reach. You cannot then minimize them as just some special interest group trying to convince people.

Besides, RCID is, and always has been, at the convenience of the government. Disney didn’t deserve it, it’s not a right to be taken away, and the deal could’ve been ended at any time for any reason. Disney just figured they were bigger than Florida and they know what’s right better than the parents and legislators in Florida. So Disney became inconvenient. If you decide to spit in someone’s eye who is doing you a favor, you can’t play the victim card when they rescind that favor.
Yeah, as much as Disney's CEO lied on national TV and may end up being held for slander (but not liable, as one cannot be against government), DeSantis isn't doing Florida any favors at this point.

DeSantis is basically, openly admitting it's political retribution without much reservation. I guess he's really running for POTUS at this point, and not concerned about this... legally. And he's not a legal idiot either.

And that's going to find itself at odds with at least the 3 Libertarian Justices (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Roberts) who will be joined by the Progressive Justices. Might even be 7-2 (or more) with a Conservative Justice concerned about free business speech.

I work closely with RCID and their rules and regulations and they are much stricter than any other municipality. There's a saying that the water that enters Disney property from the North, leaves cleaner than when it came in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT