ADVERTISEMENT

A Shoutout to Speaker Johnson

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Let me be clear: I despise the man. He's one of those 'My Faith over My Country' theocrats who doesn't give a sh*t about The Constitution. And he's shown himself to be a hypocritcal A-hole when he *Demanded* that border security be The House's funding Priority #1 --- uh, until his GOP colleagues in the Senate handed him a bipartisan border security bill and Trump ordered him to trash it.

But that said, I'm grateful that, after all his stalling, he ultimately brought a Ukraine funding bill to the House floor. But think about how crazy this all is. The vast majority of Congress has been ready to pass a new funding bill for Ukraine for months. How can the fate of an entire nation be riding on the decision of one representative from Louisiana?

How can we have Congressional policies that allow this kind of sh*t to happen? I thought the same thing when Tubberville, the dipsh*t Senator from Alabama, prevented promotions in the military for ages. It tells me we've got a lot of Congressional rules that are in need of serious updating. For WAY too long, Congress assumed its members were operating in good faith for the betterment of our country. That sure as hell not the case any more.

Anyway, I commend Speaker Johnson (this time) for coming to his senses and doing The Right Thing even though it may cost him his job. "Moscow Marge" and her wacko crew are threatening to kick Johnson to the curb because of it.

Yep another 80 billion of debt. Thanks. congress have one job, look out for the fate of our nation. Supporting one corrupt country in fighting another is not that. The military industrial complex wins again. The US people..... not so much.

But at least Ukraine did fire the corrupt prosecutor who was in office 6 mos and looking into Burisma and the Briben cartel.

The US border deal was not a shut down the border bill, it was a $$$ to process more people and let them in bill.

Last edited:
Yep another 80 billion of debt. Thanks. congress have one job, look out for the fate of our nation.
Supporting Ukraine IS looking out for the fate of our nation. What do you think pulling the plug on Ukraine funding would have signalled to Russia and China.

We are not obligated to risk American lives in Ukraine. But we are obligated to send American troops in defense of Taiwan. If China sees the US doesn't have the political will to continue supporting democracy in Ukraine, they might deduce the time is right to invade Taiwan and 'unify' China.
Supporting one corrupt country in fighting another is not that.
Interesting you used the word 'corrupt,' given the mob boss way Trump attempted to blackmail Ukraine's President Zalensky to dig up dirt on his political rival.
The military industrial complex wins again. The US people..... not so much.
This bill is in the American people's best interest. I'd rather support democracy abroad with our money rather than with our lives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT