ADVERTISEMENT

Do we have a Moderator?

Not really, definitely wasn't asking the professor to "hey lets have another final, that sounds like fun", but I certainly didn't want to have to listen to some dumba@@ bitch and complain during the test I had to take and pass or else!

But my guess is you may be the one who got the shit knocked out of him after class for being a shithead and irritating us with stupid comments. THERE IS YOUR CONSEQUENCE FOR NOT FOLLOWING RULES IN CIVILITY!!!
Easy Killer. I didn't realize you were a tough guy. I apologize.

Easy Killer. I didn't realize you were a tough guy. I apologize.
No need for apologies, it's the wild west! It's all part of it (with KNIGHTS on the KNIGHTS board), I get it. Different story when it comes to the others. The point wasnt to moderate ourselves. Although now that happy has banned everyone I guess there's no need for a moderator any more.

Last edited:
Okay, most of you guys know this already, but I'll restate it, moderators moderate on a volunteer basis and don't get paid to moderate. Outside of UCFSports I have my day to day responsibilities (completing my graduate program, and also my part time job). Unfortunately I don't spend as much time on the board which some of you may or may not like, but that's just the reality I'm working with. With the semester over and having completed my grad program I'm now working full time which leaves me even less time to play cops and robbers with trolls.

There are definitely active members who would probably be great candidates to moderate but I'll be the first to tell you that moderating is not at all what you think. Some members have already reached out to me privately volunteering to take up the mantle. If someone else out here believes that they are up to the task and can handle the criticism that comes with doing it then I can see what I can do as far as making that happen but ultimately the final say is with Brandon.

If the general consensus is that more rules and more moderation is needed for the open board then just say so and start compiling a list of rules you want to be governed by. With the new rules I can sticky a new thread at the top of the open forum and we can go from there.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Okay, most of you guys know this already, but I'll restate it, moderators moderate on a volunteer basis and don't get paid to moderate. Outside of UCFSports I have my day to day responsibilities (completing my graduate program, and also my part time job). Unfortunately I don't spend as much time on the board which some of you may or may not like, but that's just the reality I'm working with. With the semester over and having completed my grad program I'm now working full time which leaves me even less time to play cops and robbers with trolls.

There are definitely active members who would probably be great candidates to moderate but I'll be the first to tell you that moderating is not at all what you think. Some members have already reached out to me privately volunteering to take up the mantle. If someone else out here believes that they are up to the task and can handle the criticism that comes with doing it then I can see what I can do as far as making that happen but ultimately the final say is with Brandon.

If the general consensus is that more rules and more moderation is needed for the open board then just say so and start compiling a list of rules you want to be governed by. With the new rules I can sticky a new thread at the top of the open forum and we can go from there.
Fair enough. And Congrats on your Grad. Degree!

I would be careful about over moderating too though, i think it takes away from the discussions. I am not a UCF fan, new to this board, so obviously I dont have much say. But for instance, I am a Gator fan who got banned from the UF site because I said Tim Tebow wasnt a good pro QB. Banning trolls and stuff like that is one thing, but removing people because they have a different opinion is something else.

I would be careful about over moderating too though, i think it takes away from the discussions. I am not a UCF fan, new to this board, so obviously I dont have much say. But for instance, I am a Gator fan who got banned from the UF site because I said Tim Tebow wasnt a good pro QB. Banning trolls and stuff like that is one thing, but removing people because they have a different opinion is something else.
Tebow won a playoff game. Mods please ban.

I would be careful about not being such a jerkface gator fan if I were you. This is a husker fan site. Comply or die!

Reactions: Cubs79

More rules? No. Mod please ban yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT