ADVERTISEMENT

Do we hit 8000 attendance in the CFE tomorrow night?

Student break. But first 300 students get in free, rest pay $4. Lots of local students; though many of them work, the 7PM time at least makes it feasible for them to come. I'm sure they've been contacted, too.

Student break. But first 300 students get in free, rest pay $4. Lots of local students; though many of them work, the 7PM time at least makes it feasible for them to come. I'm sure they've been contacted, too.
Hopefully with the Program improving there is a better marketing effort with the nearby neighborhood associations in Oviedo & Waterford to get non UCF grads to the games. Getting those UF/FSU grads that live 5 minutes from Campus to support would help a lot, same goes with Football for those weeknight games.

TV cable scheduling hurts attendance on weekday evenings. The 7PM start time is fine for a college town like Athens, GA, or Gainesville, but too early for the gridlocked rush hour traffic of a big city like Orlando. ESPN loves a 7PM Eastern starts so that Central region schools can start at 8PM (our 9PM), and Pacific schools can tip off at 11PM Eastern (8PM). Everybody gets to begin at 8PM local time except the Eastern schools.

Yea...that's about what the Ticketmaster site looked like the day I bought a ticket for the Cincinnati game. I was on the side opposite the benches, and the side behind the benches looked empty.

Probably will again...I say 3.5K max attendance...especially if any students in town can't get in for free past the first 300.
I guess we'll just have to win until students return this weekend, and then hope to get more home games.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I would think we'd have at least 5 to 6K?

Thoughts?

Really? 8K? 5-6K?

I wish...but without much student support (it's Spring Break...but 300 students if they are in town can get free admission, others have to pay $4), I just don't see a big student crowd.

Here is whats available on ticketmaster.com as of 8:30 pm tonight (almost all of Club Seats are soldout at just $20 per ticket. All other reserved seats are just $12.

UCF_NIT_Tix_Sales_on_Tuesday_8_30_pm.png

I doubt they'll be allowed to sell big donor, plush seats on the team bench side, so once again that entire center area will be noticeably empty and quiet.

Actually, those were the first to go as Club Seats are just $20. All other reserved tickets are $12.

Actually, those were the first to go as Club Seats are just $20. All other reserved tickets are $12.
Wow! I'm taking a picture of that tomorrow. The only time they're not empty. Imagine: real sideline noise for once. Who needs students then (all they know how to do is scream Knight during the national anthem and chant "Air Ball"). Hope some of the cheerleaders, band, and dancers can make it, too (I judge it by whether it's a 5, 7, or 9 tuba band).

About an hour ago, UCF released more $20 Club seats.

Last edited:
Not bad for Spring Break. If we can get another home game we will certainly exceed 5,000 and maybe get to 6,000

Crowd was quite large. Easily the fullest the two sides have been in several years. I even took pictures. Remember that the announced attendance includes includes all those totally empty season ticket seats. But this time they were 10 times as filled! And fans standing like they never, ever do. It's what a real crowd does. Loved every minute of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT