ADVERTISEMENT

Don't drink cheap white wine

CommuterBob

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
Stuck in traffic
They use Nitrates to stop the fermentation process. I expect that is where the Arsenic likely comes from. Have a friend who makes wine he lets them go past where he wants them then adds filtered water to bring them back down to the percentage of alcohol he desires. Great side effect of this is no day after effects.

If you drink White Zinfandel, you kinda deserve it.

Originally posted by goodknightfl:
They use Nitrates to stop the fermentation process. I expect that is where the Arsenic likely comes from. Have a friend who makes wine he lets them go past where he wants them then adds filtered water to bring them back down to the percentage of alcohol he desires. Great side effect of this is no day after effects.
You stop fermentation to maintain the level of sweetness, not alcohol. Dry wine is good, but that's all he's ever going to be able to make that way.

"By a private coalition of lawyers"

Yea, sounds like the rich investors in the wine industry hired some yes-men lawyers to spread the word that cheap wine is full of shit that will kill you(!). This is not confirmed by any regulatory body.

Hence, wine priced $15 or above is perfectly awesome and safe- so drink that! Better yet, buy at least $50 bottles to assure you don't die!!

Yawn.

Ill stick to beer.
party0005.r191677.gif

Originally posted by FearTheKnight:

Originally posted by goodknightfl:
You stop fermentation to maintain the level of sweetness, not alcohol. Dry wine is good, but that's all he's ever going to be able to make that way.
Actually he make sangria.

On a side note, arsenic kills crabs and head lice.

This post was edited on 3/21 9:34 AM by goodknightfl

Originally posted by CommuterBob:

Chemmie probably doesn't drink any of them,
Exactly. I don't regularly drink, or eat, crap. So, I don't have to worry about arsenic, or added hormones, or all kinds of other garbage that gets added to the cheap crap you poison yourself with.

Originally posted by chemmie:

Exactly. I don't regularly drink, or eat, crap. So, I don't have to worry about arsenic, or added hormones, or all kinds of other garbage that gets added to the cheap crap you poison yourself with.
Your common misuse of commas is baffling.

That sentence should be "I don't regularly drink or eat crap".

There should not be, random commas, in your sentences.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
Originally posted by chemmie:

Your common misuse of commas is baffling.

That sentence should be "I don't regularly drink or eat crap".

There should not be, random commas, in your sentences.
Thanks, Copernicus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT