ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Panic, we just don't have enough P5 Talent to win consistently in the Big 12

Go look up the threads on this board from August that has multiple media members picking us to win 10 games , finish 4th in the league at worst and Gus doing the usual sales job

You can’t go from that to suddenly saying it is a talent issue

UCF is quickly becoming a no substance Program

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Go look up the threads on this board from August that has multiple media members picking us to win 10 games , finish 4th in the league at worst and Gus doing the usual sales job

OK, but on the flip side, Gus is a known quantity to the media too and factored into those preseason projections. Why is it OK to say the coach didn't live up to expectations but unfair to say that the players didn't? I'm not saying I know either way, but just trying to apply the logic evenly.

Subjectively I want to agree with you however.

People said the same thing after our 0-12 season and yet the next season under Frost we were above .500. Coaching matters. Same problem with our bb team.
6-7 is not above .500. Frost has had 1 winning season in his tenure as a Head Coach. Frost is not the answer. The recruiting Lazy Randy did on defense and Hippo did on offense was horrendous. Recruiting NGE linebackers from Arkansas and OL from Germany. Between Florida, Georgia, Alabama and going to Texas for a few kids are the states we should focus on recruiting

randy's defensive recruits are better than the garbage we have now. even some who i thought weren't good enough like corey thornton and brandon adams are beating out all these recruits gus and company tried to replace them with.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

To be fair, I think a lot of people were overestimating what the team could do. We had 4 regular season losses in the AAC let alone the B12, and the roster didn't have any significant upgrades. JRP had a hype train behind him, which I think was fed by his football/baseball double appearances. Also WVU was picked dead last in preseason and already has 2 conference wins...

There has been talk about locker room turmoil ever since Malzahn first season. A lot attributed it to Heupel recruits wanting out, and several left including very talented players. Kansas game gave the impression those that are on the team now are starting to check out.

Curious how the interaction between the players and Gabriel will be in Oklahoma. Many said there was a lot of disdain amongst the team for him, will that animosity show up in the football game. Or has the team started to turn on the staff and think the other defectors made the right choice.

The team is not built to dominate a P5 conference, but the idea that Kansas would blow them out by halftime (with backup QB) or Baylor scores 26 in the 4th quarter in a home game is because they lack P5 talent is not accurate.
How many guys on defense were playing when DG was here? I don’t think many. Most don’t know who he is in person.

OK, but on the flip side, Gus is a known quantity to the media too and factored into those preseason projections. Why is it OK to say the coach didn't live up to expectations but unfair to say that the players didn't? I'm not saying I know either way, but just trying to apply the logic evenly.

Subjectively I want to agree with you however.
Gus is not giving us his best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT