ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Cartwright UCF President

UCF made this game a cakewalk for Colorado. It looked like the Knights didn't want to be on the football field to compete. No effort should be more upsetting than the loss, itself. Tonight, no Waffle House for Gus.😞

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
Please fire AD Terry Mohajir and HFC Gus Malzahn. Mohajir won't fire Malzahn because he believes Malzahn can do no wrong. Which fan base Hates their HFC more? UCF, Notre Dame or LSU?
We were they only newcomer to make a bowl last year. All three of our teams made postseason in our first big 12 year. I think that’s a success. There was no reason to fire Gus at this time. Should he not have decent success this year? I think it gets addressed. I got no problem with TM. He has brought money into the program and has upgraded the facilities big time. Dr. Cartwright too. The baseball hire was a good hire into the big 12. I think adjustments will be made if results do not come.

Cartwright isn't gonna do anything lol, he's not a guy like Hitt with athletics vision/passion. Gus' contract goes thru '27 so I'm gonna go ahead and say were riding with him for at least 2 more seasons unless the wheels really fall off because I doubt TMo is gonna pay a buyout. We're still far out, but I don't know how we get a more talented team next year with all the seniors so maybe it does end up happening sooner rather than later.

Cartwright isn't gonna do anything lol, he's not a guy like Hitt with athletics vision/passion. Gus' contract goes thru '27 so I'm gonna go ahead and say were riding with him for at least 2 more seasons unless the wheels really fall off because I doubt TMo is gonna pay a buyout. We're still far out, but I don't know how we get a more talented team next year with all the seniors so maybe it does end up happening sooner rather than later.
So you're saying these "public servants" give so little consideration to the big donors, alumni and all of their other constituents that they would let the "wheels fall off" before they do anything? What a sad commentary on UCF and its "leadership".

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
UCF hasn’t been the same since Whitaker got screwed over.

I hope some other school hires TMO, he isn’t a good AD

Please fire AD Terry Mohajir and HFC Gus Malzahn. Mohajir won't fire Malzahn because he believes Malzahn can do no wrong. Which fan base Hates their HFC more? UCF, Notre Dame or LSU?
How many Millions of $$$ are you going to donate to make the above happen? Oh...thats right....ZERO. Just like you won't donate anything to help hire the NEXT coach in line.

How many Millions of $$$ are you going to donate to make the above happen? Oh...thats right....ZERO. Just like you won't donate anything to help hire the NEXT coach in line.
Gus has got a chance to turn things around at UF this weekend. Let's see how he does. He either reinvigorates the program or digs a deeper hole. In regard to donations, there are $M donors who want Gus gone so they will contribute. The AD should never have extended him based on "the great recruiting job he's doing". His performance at UCF has been average at best and you don't extend average results.

Last edited:
Gus has got a chance to turn things around at UF this weekend. Let's see how he does. He either reinvigorates the program or digs a deeper hole. In regard to donations, there are $M donors who want Gus gone so they will contribute. The GM should never have extended him based on "the great recruiting job he's doing". His performance at UCF has been average at best and you don't extend average results.
Gus will turn it around or he won't, it's not rocket science.

Also, UCF donations have never been greater...and most realize UCF probably doesn't have e the $$$ to buyout Gus...then buyout the next coach's contract and then pay a much higher yearly guaranteed contract with an even higher buyout for the next guy.

A few million won't cover much of anything in a HC buyout, buyout and hire.

have we already spent the full conference payout next year (with big raises for this coaching staff)? this is what we're doing with half, so i expect us to be able to afford more with a whole.

While I appreciate your perspective, how many of the ones donating million$ now are going to continue to do so when the results are consistently subpar? How many are going to continue to shell out thousand$ (my 3 football tix, BB tix, GKC donation, and parking costs me about $7K/year) when we’re 6-7 every year? New P4 conference affiliation & 2017-2018 season enthusiasm has been the impetus for our amazing fundraising results. But that money will dry up quick when it’s not paying dividends on the field. Money talks. I’m hoping Gus turns it around starting in Gainesville this weekend. I’ll be there screaming my lungs out. But without consistent results, the money pot is going to eventually dry up.

While I appreciate your perspective, how many of the ones donating million$ now are going to continue to do so when the results are consistently subpar? How many are going to continue to shell out thousand$ (my 3 football tix, BB tix, GKC donation, and parking costs me about $7K/year) when we’re 6-7 every year? New P4 conference affiliation & 2017-2018 season enthusiasm has been the impetus for our amazing fundraising results. But that money will dry up quick when it’s not paying dividends on the field. Money talks. I’m hoping Gus turns it around starting in Gainesville this weekend. I’ll be there screaming my lungs out. But without consistent results, the money pot is going to eventually dry up.
Many. Tks.

Most of our big donors have been here for the long haul and are not going to quit in year 2 of being in a P4 Conf.

Gus has got a chance to turn things around at UF this weekend. Let's see how he does. He either reinvigorates the program or digs a deeper hole. In regard to donations, there are $M donors who want Gus gone so they will contribute. The AD should never have extended him based on "the great recruiting job he's doing". His performance at UCF has been average at best and you don't extend average results.
I really wish I could believe that Gus can pull it off Saturday. I've just lost all hope in him. Can only let down people so many times before they stop believing in you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT