ADVERTISEMENT

Drinking Bull Tears

atsKnight

Five-Star Recruit
Apr 9, 2011
I love stopping by the Bulls Pen. It always brings a smile to my face. OP from the thread:
----
What If Scenario That Would Drive UCF Fans Mad!
It's a scenario with long odds, but one that, if it occurred, would drive UCF fans cray:

• In 2018 UCF runs the table and finishes outside of the CFP (very possible) due to their lack of marquee wins
  • In 2019 USF runs the table while the Big 12, PAC 12 and Notre Dame fail to field a CFP quality team paving the way for USF to make the CFP (improbable)
While USF's schedule in 2019 is much tougher then UCF's in 2018, making the CFP playoff would require alot to happen for USF, but imagine how mad it would be to UCF fans if they were to win 27+ straight games and be excluded from the CFP, only to see USF make it happen the following year.

THIS IS NOT A PREDICTION, just a fun "what if" scenario.

----
Awesome that this is not off-base for the average USF fan. Best response in the thread:
----
You know what would really make them mad? If they had all the pieces in place to win the championship and had the inside track but then blew it and at the same time we came along and snatched it right from under them and then we went on and won the peach bowl and then remained undefeated in week 10 the next year after they had already crapped the bed on their season and then we got game day to come to our campus. oh wait!
1f62e.png

Edit: https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/133175-what-if-scenario-that-would-drive-ucf-fans-mad/

Last edited:
They play Wisconsin at home, Georgia Tech away and UCF here

Nice schedule, but....

Once again, without a quality QB

That’s 3 guaranteed losses right there.

"If you don’t see what’s going on tonight in Orlando you are blind.

Ray Jay will NEVER, EVER sound like this.

Acknoledge it, accept it, do something about it.

Step up USF!!!"
-OP from the thread Anyone still think RayJay is our stadium?

Another gem:
Hilarious. Are Bulls fans still going to be bringing up the WVU game as evidence that we don’t need our own stadium 100 years from now?

”Well, back when my great-great-grandparents were students at USF, there was this one game against WVU that was really loud and awesome. Ergo, no on-campus stadium is needed.”

What a joke.

Anyone who slams UCF, their program, their stadium, etc. is quite obviously a petty and jealous human being. They are 20 times the quality of what we are in just about every way at this stage— and it’s the same small-minded thinking that some here display that has gotten us to this point of being UCF’s dimwitted loser cousin.

Grow up.

Reactions: FrostedKnight
It’s a civil war over there. Theyre clueless. I guess the reason they’re doing bad is because “they’re in the AAC so they’re not trying”.

Reactions: UCFKnightDiver
Give credit to a few of their fans: A few of their fans realize this constant hearkening of "Auburn/WVU/#2/Rutgers in 2007" is utterly pathetic in 2018. But still several of their fans drone on and on about the Glory Days (a span of about six weeks in reality) of 2007... a year they finished unranked.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
What they don't realize is that in 2007, they were the new hotness. They sprung to prominence almost over night, and passed UCF. It was an exciting time for Tampa.

The problem is, they never had to struggle and grow as a fan base like UCF did, so what you saw at Ray Jay in 2007 were the ultimate bandwagon fans. When CJL got choke happy, and they got brought back down to earth in the Holtz era, they lost that fan base that was only there for the ride. What you see now at games are the real fans. And there's not many of them. But this is where you grow as a school. Or not.

Another good one:
UCF they have built their expansion invite creds way beyond any other AAC team. Hard to rap them for a good marketing campaign and quality play. I think they are happy with the blue collar/scrapper aura that seems to be their identity. Tough. The theme seems to permeate the school. They look like they're having fun.

Wonder what a football conference championship feels like???

As I've said before, Friday will be interesting. The excuse train has left the station...pre and post game.

From the thread: Post positive things about the USF football program:
I’ll start:

Sometimes the national media and public at large confuses us with the Orlando School.

And:
You never have to develop hopes to get let up.

And:
I am positive that with the product on the field and season ticket prices increasing, there will be a drop in season ticket sales.

I am positive that the amount of Bulls gear will diminish everywhere but in the Bookstore.

----
It's just so satisfying seeing karma work for how they acted when they had power in the Big East.

Another good one:
UCF they have built their expansion invite creds way beyond any other AAC team. Hard to rap them for a good marketing campaign and quality play. I think they are happy with the blue collar/scrapper aura that seems to be their identity. Tough. The theme seems to permeate the school. They look like they're having fun.

Wonder what a football conference championship feels like???

As I've said before, Friday will be interesting. The excuse train has left the station...pre and post game.

From the thread: Post positive things about the USF football program:
I’ll start:

Sometimes the national media and public at large confuses us with the Orlando School.

And:
You never have to develop hopes to get let up.

And:
I am positive that with the product on the field and season ticket prices increasing, there will be a drop in season ticket sales.

I am positive that the amount of Bulls gear will diminish everywhere but in the Bookstore.

----
It's just so satisfying seeing karma work for how they acted when they had power in the Big East.
Agree that we like our image. I never want to be a stuffy, superior blue blood program. Our marketing should always stay young and relevant to the current college trends.

It is time for UCF to go into Raymond James Stadium and takeover the stands and dominate on the field in the same manner as FSU, Miami, and (upcoming) UF do when they play "at USF".

Reactions: Knight_of_Parrish
Agree that we like our image. I never want to be a stuffy, superior blue blood program. Our marketing should always stay young and relevant to the current college trends.
I'm trying to think of other programs that are as satisfied with their identity as we are. Alabama; maybe Michigan, Notre Dame now that they are on the upswing?

There are few schools that are having as much fun as us right now.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I'm trying to think of other programs that are as satisfied with their identity as we are. Alabama; maybe Michigan, Notre Dame now that they are on the upswing?

There are few schools that are having as much fun as us right now.
Yea and I hope we keep it up. Having a great history is nice but when an old program talks about their history, they're taking their eye off the present.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT