ADVERTISEMENT

DT talent thinking about Buckeyes or UCF...

Easy choice for me, but name one prospect who doesn't think he can compete and win playing time on a P5 team. Ego v reality and ego wins the majority of times.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Our D-line is so thin and lacking in talent. I'll be surprised if a couple 3-4 star guys can't be persuaded to take a scholly to start hunting FBS QBs right away.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
D-Line was GOLs specialty yet we have no good players and little production from in over the last few years.

Reactions: AAC6800
6a00d8341bfa6953ef01310fe97dc4970c-320wi

Come on! We haven't had a good pass rush in 2 years. Doesn't anyone watch or go to games??? Also, the 2014 defensive stats were a mirage. We played a bunch of nobodies. Did anyone watch the NC state game vs some "real" competition? How about ECU? They shredded our pass defense as well.

Pass rush over last 2 years is 2 words

Luke Adams!

I was a Hugger, and even I have to admit that our pass rush was extremely lackluster. I blame the coaching staff. If teams like Middle Tennessee State, Central Michigan, and Western Kentucky (or the likes of those schools) can get to the QB, why can't we? And to be honest, sacks aren't necessarily the indicator of a good a pass rush. If you can get to the QB and make him throw it before he wants to, that's good enough. An incomplete pass on 3rd down is just as good as a sack. But we haven't really gotten after the QB in a couple of years. We were okay in 2013, 2014 was not so good, and 2015 was what it was. In 2015 3rd and 15 was just about as dicey for our defense as 3rd and 1. I don't expect to be world beaters on defense in 2016. But a lot of our players were very young. Hopefully, with better coaching, teaching the fundamentals, they will get better. IMO, the offense will get better before the defense, and with fundamental changes coming on offense, I don't have my hopes set to high. Anywhere from 3-5 wins would be considered a success in my book. When Florida switched to the spread with Urban Meyer, it wasn't like the cupboard was bare and there were no athletes, not to mention an incredible defense. Unfortunately for Frost, the defense was anemic and the offense showed few playmakers.

I was a Hugger, and even I have to admit that our pass rush was extremely lackluster. I blame the coaching staff. If teams like Middle Tennessee State, Central Michigan, and Western Kentucky (or the likes of those schools) can get to the QB, why can't we? And to be honest, sacks aren't necessarily the indicator of a good a pass rush. If you can get to the QB and make him throw it before he wants to, that's good enough. An incomplete pass on 3rd down is just as good as a sack. But we haven't really gotten after the QB in a couple of years. We were okay in 2013, 2014 was not so good, and 2015 was what it was. In 2015 3rd and 15 was just about as dicey for our defense as 3rd and 1. I don't expect to be world beaters on defense in 2016. But a lot of our players were very young. Hopefully, with better coaching, teaching the fundamentals, they will get better. IMO, the offense will get better before the defense, and with fundamental changes coming on offense, I don't have my hopes set to high. Anywhere from 3-5 wins would be considered a success in my book. When Florida switched to the spread with Urban Meyer, it wasn't like the cupboard was bare and there were no athletes, not to mention an incredible defense. Unfortunately for Frost, the defense was anemic and the offense showed few playmakers.

I agree. Why can't we get to the QB if all of those other teams can? The answer is lack of athletic defensive lineman. They lack size or quickness or both. What a disappointment Niles was and you hardly ever hear anyone call him out on his 2015 play.

I would expect 3-5 wins next year, although there are a few fans at least who won't except that and expect more.
That's just not happening.

Our pass rush has been weak for quite a while. We had a pretty good group of line backers and Dbs to make up for it.

I agree. Why can't we get to the QB if all of those other teams can? The answer is lack of athletic defensive lineman. They lack size or quickness or both. What a disappointment Niles was and you hardly ever hear anyone call him out on his 2015 play.

I would expect 3-5 wins next year, although there are a few fans at least who won't except that and expect more.
That's just not happening.

the approach to UCF football is about to change dramatically....

let's wait until we get through spring and preseason practices before we start making predictions....some of the new signees will play but right now we have no idea if the returning players will fit into Frost's #UCFast #UCFierce program.....they are the keys to the 2016 season...if they're a fit, we could surprise a lot of people....if they aren't....well....at least it'll be a different approach to game day football....

UCF needs something to stop the bleeding on this final week. Whetzel, Pro Wells, and K. Lucky all committed elsewhere today. 2/3 UCF was supposed to be the heavy favorites for according to the 'experts'. Should have scheduled Whetzel on the final weekend.

Is anyone going to care much about defense? Oregon didn't, why will we? Look at our defensive stats from last year and you'll see Oregon hovering around us at the bottom.

Remember that most of the talks will not be public. I betting on a few great surprises on signing day.

UCF needs something to stop the bleeding on this final week. Whetzel, Pro Wells, and K. Lucky all committed elsewhere today. 2/3 UCF was supposed to be the heavy favorites for according to the 'experts'. Should have scheduled Whetzel on the final weekend.
These guys aren't closing like GOL.

not sure what Frost can do about Lucky if he called to commit on Thursday then changed his mind 3 days later

Reading all these posts. The facts are that we just came off an 0-12 season in a G5 conference. Give it time. Hard to see how we can crack the top 65-75 with an unproven coach who was hired late in the game.
Let's take what we can get this year. There will be plenty of flips away from us to other schools, last minute decisions that don't go in our favor. Hopefully we get a few last minute surprises.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
he's from near there. still a weird choice considering Vandy & UCF wanted him real bad and are not that far. And with Vandy it may be the current SEC East doormat but it's one of the best Academic Institutions in the South.
Familiar with Vandy, live 15 min from their stadium but I get your point.

You sign with OSU this year and the next year you ride the pine as a result of Urban Renewal !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT