ADVERTISEMENT

Dude expansion page

Danoinotown

Bronze Knight
Dec 16, 2011
per Dude:

Word today (just in) is that right now (as in today) Texas would be open to a network and expansion if they have a separate agreement with both ESPN & the Big 12 that guarantees their annual $15m (average) payment and the GoR is extended to match the term of the current contract with ESPN for the LHN.

That likely means expansion is a go with the 2 to 4 schools that add the most value to the network.

Please don't jump to any conclusions. There's still a lot of time for this to blow up and consider the following:

1. Is the gentleman's agreement with the SEC still valid? What does that mean for Memphis, UCF and USF?

2. Will ESPN want the Big 12 to expand into SEC territory?

3. With 2 of the top 3 available schools in SEC territory what does that mean for potential Big 12N profitability.

4. Does that agreement doom FSU to the ACC?

Yes my source mentioned the gentleman's agreement with the SEC. That's why I brought it up.

He does not know if the Big 12 will forgo whatever secret deal they have with the SEC or not.

This isn't confirmed. Just a single source at this time and I'm smart enough to know it takes at least 3-6 sources to confirm anything about the Big 12.

But he's a very, very good source.

Discuss, enjoy, keep it civil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News