ADVERTISEMENT

Early Colorado Tailgate & Game Weather Forecast

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
As we approach this week's big game, its now time for an early Tailgate and Game forecast for Saturday.

First the GOOD:

Friday's weather actually looks pretty good with 40% chance of afternoon storms and generally clear skies for Friday Night.

Saturday NIGHT...weather actually looks pretty good...as skies should clear as the sun goes down.

The BAD:

As of now....(remember, this could change if storm picks up speed when its racing across land or if it slows down), there is a 40%-50% chance of showers during your morning tailgate party and then the forecast (again, a very early forecast) calls for a high chance of thunderstorms (70%-80%) all afternoon thru 7 pm.

Now back to the good...remember I noted how Sat night the weather could clear?

If there is a lightning delay of 2 hrs or so (ALWAYS listen to the pregame radio show as they give updates on if the game is delayed...much faster than what UCF puts out on twitter...just like they did the last game...as your tailgate party can be extended vs being stuck outside the stadium gates or having to spend an hour or two in a concourse)....Saturday night could turn into the perfect time for this game.

I noted in another thread how these storms that roll into GA and then usually hit SC and even pop up out back in the Ocean..many times have LONG tails of thunderstorms that can be 400-500 miles away from the center of the storm...so it will be interesting to see where this storm will be on Sat am as that will influence our weather. (There is another possibility if it does pick up steam...it could draw the moisture away from our area quicker...but as of now, that is not the prediction).

Grab your pocket ponchos now if you don't have them...as I suspect most UCF area Target and Walmart stores will sellout of their ponchos before Friday. (Located in their camping sections).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.