ADVERTISEMENT

Early Enrollees

HammerB08

Silver Knight
Dec 3, 2012
I think it's pretty critical that some of these highly-regarded guys are enrolling early and getting involved in Spring practices and it may help them become contributors sooner. I may be missing some, but here's the guys that I've noticed. The only guys I know of who we were able to recruit and get involved in Spring last year were Kruczek and Christian Beard and neither were able to make an impact and Kruz is gone.

Collier CB

Luyanda OLB

Green WR

Anderson RB

247 says QB Marvin Washington is working to try and enroll in January also.

I thought all 3 QBs were early enrollees? If not Milton will have the job next year.

In addition to having an early jump on getting up to speed athletically, another good thing about early enrollment is that athletes get an early start on their credit hours in the Spring and Summer. It is often used to lighten their load when Fall semester comes around. It helps to make it a more successful transition education wise.

In addition to having an early jump on getting up to speed athletically, another good thing about early enrollment is that athletes get an early start on their credit hours in the Spring and Summer. It is often used to lighten their load when Fall semester comes around. It helps to make it a more successful transition education wise.
yeah good point, I wish more recruits would do it

That transition gets them familiar with being at UCF and probably pays off by the time Fall Camp comes around. The true Freshmen that wait till Fall get a couple of quiet weeks at the end of Summer but then they get hit with that wave the first few weeks of Fall that is hectic with a lot of distractions.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Is Otis Anderson related to the former Huericane?
Great question! I thought he was and didn't want to ask the obvious dumb question. I was all excited about having the son of one of the greatest NFL running backs of all time enroll at UCF. Great genes!

However, after doing a lot of research, it doesn't appear that he is. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
The father Ottis spells his name with 2, T's and I believe he had a son named Ottis Jr., not our (UCF) "Otis".

We have Killlins, Anderson, McGowan,
etc. now at RB, however, I'm still betting on Hamilton turning into our stud running back. If anyone is going to flourish once we get the offensive line issues straightened out, it's going to be him.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Great question! I thought he was and didn't want to ask the obvious dumb question. I was all excited about having the son of one of the greatest NFL running backs of all time enroll at UCF. Great genes!

However, after doing a lot of research, it doesn't appear that he is. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
The father Ottis spells his name with 2, T's and I believe he had a son named Ottis Jr., not our (UCF) "Otis".

Same here!

We have Killlins, Anderson, McGowan,
etc. now at RB, however, I'm still betting on Hamilton turning into our stud running back. If anyone is going to flourish once we get the offensive line issues straightened out, it's going to be him.
We are so thin at OLine we are trying to get 5th year Seniors to transfer here to help immediately. Hope we can get 1 good one.

We are so thin at OLine we are trying to get 5th year Seniors to transfer here to help immediately. Hope we can get 1 good one.
Great idea. Many "football factories" are so deep that good linemen are expected to redshirt and wait until their 5th year to start. If they don't think they'll start or there's a coaching change, they have options (if they will have graduated). Also,

Scott Frost's system doesn't require huge size, so he could pick off agile, quick, 6-2, 295 guys who've been overlooked their whole career.

UCF also has so many professional grad programs to choose from (many of which are not too challenging, frankly).

feel pretty good about getting 1 if we get the targets to visit Campus. That's over half the battle, once they do it's not a tough sell to choose to live & play at UCF for a year.

We did get one a few years ago from Jacksonville State or somewhere. He was actually pretty decent and started several games or most of the season

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
speaking of good UCF Bloodlines

Damn! Those Perrimans look like grown @ss men in high school.
ProfilePic.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT