ADVERTISEMENT

Earth civilizations in the past

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
If a civilization existed on earth 1 million years ago that was equal to ours, how would we know?

We don't really have much to go on for what life was like 10,000 years ago because almost all of the remnants have been destroyed by nature. So who's to say that there wasn't some other civilizations equal to or greater than ours that existed on this planet in the past?

Reactions: UCFBS
I'm fascinated by this topic. We're a species with amnesia as Graham Hancock likes to say. Just look at Gobekli Tepe and other sites like that. Or water erosion on the Sphinx. Our timeline is so off it's not even funny for just the last 10k years like you say.

Any physical evidence would be absolutely obliterated or so buried so deep we're likely to never know if we're dealing with something like a Younger Dryas like cataclysmic impact event. Zero

Reactions: Crazyhole
I'm fascinated by this topic. We're a species with amnesia as Graham Hancock likes to say. Just look at Gobekli Tepe and other sites like that. Or water erosion on the Sphinx. Our timeline is so off it's not even funny for just the last 10k years like you say.

Any physical evidence would be absolutely obliterated or so buried so deep we're likely to never know if we're dealing with something like a Younger Dryas like cataclysmic impact event. Zero
Yes! I get why fundamentalist judeo-christians would reject the idea, but how could anybody that thinks the earth has been here for 4.5 billion years think that we are the first civilization this planet has ever seen?

Yes! I get why fundamentalist judeo-christians would reject the idea, but how could anybody that thinks the earth has been here for 4.5 billion years think that we are the first civilization this planet has ever seen?

Love it. Humans went from zero to this in a maximum of 100,000 years. Dinosaurs supposedly had millions of years. Billions of other years are unaccounted for. Are we really so arrogant to think that after all of that time, nothing much happened other than primitive life until about 10 thousand years ago and all of a sudden there is an explosion of civilization that Billions of years weren't enough for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT