ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Van Halen on David Lee Roth: ‘He Does Not Want to be My Friend’

Boston.Knight2

Four-Star Recruit
Jun 6, 2015
Ol' Eddie couldn't keep faking it anymore. His happy smiles trying to put on a face that all is well. Guess not.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/eddie-van-halen-on-david-lee-roth-he-does-not-121933811641.html

He does not want to be my friend,” Van Halen told Billboard in an exclusive cover story, adding, “Roth’s perception of himself is different than who he is in reality. We’re not in our 20s anymore. We’re in our 60s. Act like you’re 60. I stopped coloring my hair, because I know I’m not going to be young again.”

He continued with more stinging words about his bandmate: “It’s hard, because there are four people in this band, and three of us like rock ’n’ roll. And one of us likes dance music,” he says. “And that used to kind of work, but now Dave doesn’t want to come to the table.”

The question remains, then – why does Van Halen voluntarily choose to work with someone he clearly does not get along with? As he explains, it’s all for the fans. [edit BK - and the money]

“I think it’s now built into people’s DNA, that it just won’t be Van Halen if it’s not Roth’s voice,” he notes. “You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish.” [edit BK - and we would be playing clubs instead of arena$]

Lest Roth feel slighted by Van Halen’s comments,

Are you the BUY GOLD Boston or are there two people with the same name that are both shitty posters?

Eddie really needs to get a life. I was a huge fan in my teenage years, but he just loves to start crap in his age, as rock's no longer on-top.

Hey Eddie ... guess what? Try to be like Hagar's lead Vic Johnson, just play and love the music. I saw The Circle in person a few months ago, and while Anthony, Jason and Sammy get all the buzz, Vic was definitely the best on stage. Let your abilities be your mouth.

Read More: Sammy Hagar Claims Van Halen Are Trying to Prevent Him From Performing Songs They Wrote Together | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-hagar-perform-van-halen-songs/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT