***Elias Williams talks official visit: 'UCF is family'***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
tgcofmptzstrrnyzf5js

Hudson (Fla.) defensive end Elias Williams, a high-priority UCF target, returned to Orlando this past weekend for his official visit.

"I loved it," Williams said. "It was really fun. I got to see the campus again and met with some of the players. Just getting a feel. It kind of feels home. I really loved it. It was great meeting other recruits, being able to spend the whole weekend with kids who could potentially be your teammates. It was really fun."

His player host was Kervins Choute.

"He showed me around," Williams said. "He told me how they practice, how everybody competes. One thing I really love, if I'm going to be at practice in the Florida weather, it might as well be fun. I talked to Drop (Tre'Mon Morris-Brash) too. All the players said is they're always competing."

His recruiter would also be his position coach: Kenny Ingram.

"We have a great relationship," Williams said. "He does a great job staying in communication. We're always talking. Not just about football. I was at states for track and he asked me how that went. How is the family doing. He also connects with my family. They're a really big part in what I do. He cares about me as a player, but also as a man."

The Bounce House Weekend festivities included the display of luxury automobiles provided by Falcon Motor Group. Which one was his favorite?

"The all white Audi R8," Williams said. "I loved that."

As for the activities, the scavenger hunt was a big hit.

"I was on a team with all the other defensive linemen, Martin's Mayhems," Williams said. "We destroyed the offensive linemen."

Williams also was victorious in the cake eating contest.

Another highlight of the visit was connecting wit head coach Gus Malzahn.

"I loved (him wearing the astronaut uniform)," Williams said. "I got the picture with him. I'm gonna post it to Twitter. He looked good... He's a really great coach. I've already met him a couple times. I can feel that he means what he says. He was a high school coach. What he's done for UCF, it's really great."

His June schedule includes upcoming official visits to Kansas, Indiana and Missouri. Also, camp visits to South Florida and Florida State.

UCF has always been a leader for him.

"What stands out about UCF is the family," Williams said. "They care about their players as men. Their academic program, they want the players to develop off the field and help them get jobs, to become better husbands and things like that."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News