ADVERTISEMENT

Entertaining update about UCF student who tracks Elon Musk's jet

Short flights are not that uncommon. There are a lot of small cities that have 2 terminal airports that are like 100 miles to the nearest hub. Those flights take like 15 minutes.

You don't fly to the hub as a destination, it's usually a stop to connect to another airport.
Right. I think this story is part of the larger story of millionaires and billionaires and telling regular Americans to cut down on fossil fuels.

Reactions: PhDee
This kid deserves a medal, along with Snowen.

The end of celebrity/political secrecracy is upon us.

The secret meeting with Frost and Nebraska was found out same way. Nebraskas plane was tracked to Philly the same time we were playing Temple. Anyone that knows a planes tail number can track a plane.
Yes but he's automated the process and made it public for the world to see- giving lots of exposure to the life and behavior of these people.

This kid deserves a medal, along with Snowen.

The end of celebrity/political secrecracy is upon us.
Sounds like stalking and an invasion of privacy. Unless a politician is conducting business related to his position, under investigation, or using publicly owned jets/cars/facilities, it’s no one’s business where they are or what they’re doing….I wonder how many people would like their every location posted on Twitter so some nut job can come looking for them for an autograph or to harass them while shopping or on vacation with their family?
What makes anyone think they have the the right to know and post to the world where you are on your time?. Celebrities and politicians don’t have a right to privacy?

To me it’s no different than walking up to a celebrity while they’re having dinner with their family, interrupting and asking for an autograph or selfie.….imagine that happening two or three times every time you step out of the house….bet there would be a different opinion. ..not wanting your every move announced to the world is not about being nefarious or secretive…that’s why everyone has curtains on their windows….a right to privacy….

It's publicly available data. His plane's location can be found on a lot of websites if you know his tail number, which is also publicly known.

Look up ADS-B. All planes over a certain size are broadcasting their information all the time.

All this guy did was automate collecting the data and estimating fuel usage.

I suppose the thinking is that the skies belong to all of us and are publicly regulated, so we get to know how they are being used. People who don't like it don't have to own a private jet I guess. They all knew the rules going in.

It's publicly available data. His plane's location can be found on a lot of websites if you know his tail number, which is also publicly known.

Look up ADS-B. All planes over a certain size are broadcasting their information all the time.

All this guy did was automate collecting the data and estimating fuel usage.

I suppose the thinking is that the skies belong to all of us and are publicly regulated, so we get to know how they are being used. People who don't like it don't have to own a private jet I guess. They all knew the rules going in.
Forreal. Can track who is on any commercial airliner as well.

Taylor Swift has entered the chat

She’s probably afraid of people finding out how many times she’s flies into places to meet her government handlers.

Also, if there is a 24 hour delay, how is it comprising her safety? If she has a tour every stalker knows what city she is in that day. In fact they know exactly what venue she will be at. There has to be some sort of shadiness Swifts controllers are trying to hide.

She’s probably afraid of people finding out how many times she’s flies into places to meet her government handlers.

Also, if there is a 24 hour delay, how is it comprising her safety? If she has a tour every stalker knows what city she is in that day. In fact they know exactly what venue she will be at. There has to be some sort of shadiness Swifts controllers are trying to hide.
People are complaining about damage she’s causing by flying so much.

People are complaining about damage she’s causing by flying so much.
His main motivation is showing how much CO2 emissions the Billionaire class use. I think most reasonable people don’t expect her to fly Delta for her tour but I have heard that she goes over board on private jet usage ..much more than other rich people that have similar means

His main motivation is showing how much CO2 emissions the Billionaire class use. I think most reasonable people don’t expect her to fly Delta for her tour but I have heard that she goes over board on private jet usage ..much more than other rich people that have similar means
Thats absurd. 28 miles. Did the flight ever eclipse 2000 feet?

28 miles? That's like a county over. What did she do? Take the jet to go shopping at Publix?

Reactions: Robert0122
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT