ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Around the Horn - Unanimous - UCF in over Michigan in dream scenario

ESPN Around the Horn - All four hosts agreed - UCF in over Michigan in dream scenario of all 3 ahead of us losing.
I said this yesterday and I was shot down!

We win big and the 3 ahead of us lose and we are going to the effing playoffs mofos!!!!

Screw Michigan!! They are out of the top 4. THEY ARE NOT PUTTING A 2 LOSS TEAM IN OVER AN UNDEFEATED UCF!!!

Good catch. I copied the wrong scenario.

Alabama and Clemson win; Oklahoma and Ohio State lose.
Chances of happening: 4 percent

20x more likely than the one with Clemson loss.

OK, so 1 in 20. I like our chances. Does UCF have the dragon-glass to slay 'Bama? We gonna find out.

Reactions: Mikesi
4% is 25:1

Wow I guessed 20:1 to 100:1 just by using the eye test.

However we have to take Clemson out and add a UCF win, because us winning is not 100%

Man really all we need is the crappy version of OSU to show up against Northwestern. We'll find out if they can put two good ballgames in a row together or not.

The other two games are very doable. Bama gonna smoke Georgia, and OU is Overrated and very winnable ballgame for Texas. I say 50% chance of happening.

Man really all we need is the crappy version of OSU to show up against Northwestern. We'll find out if they can put two good ballgames in a row together or not.

The other two games are very doable. Bama gonna smoke Georgia, and OU is Overrated and very winnable ballgame for Texas. I say 50% chance of happening.
[cheers]

The crappy or crappier. My heart tells me either one is probably going to show up and the chance may be higher than 50%. CHARGE ON.

Jus the opposite. Clemson might still get in the top 4 with a loss BUT IT MEANS A TEAM WE BEAT JUST BEAT THEM. That is huge.
Yes, I guess you’re correct. I just didn’t want to add it to the odds, because if they win, then they are in. If they lose, then the other teams ahead of us still have to lose, because we would most likely not jump Clemson IMO and they would still get in over us.

However, if they lose to Pittsburgh, we wil certainly jump everyone else that loses and Idle Michigan even moreso.

If Clemson loses to Pittsburgh, that makes a great argument for anything UCF regardless of what happens

Logic doesn't always prevail....this is what the cartel says. Allegedly this is based upon the criteria that the committee uses
vHvbEE.png

Logic doesn't always prevail....this is what the cartel says
vHvbEE.png
I only agree with that if the probability of the previously mentioned scenarios are <1%

That chart makes no sense

For instance. Alabama will beat Georgia

If Ohio State or Oklahoma wins, then they are in.

Georgia has much less than a 39% chance of getting in

They are only giving Alabama an 82% chance of getting in??? Yeah right.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
I only agree with that if the probability of the previously mentioned scenarios are <1%

That chart makes no sense

For instance. Alabama will beat Georgia

If Ohio State or Oklahoma wins, then they are in.

Georgia has much less than a 39% chance of getting in

They are only giving Alabama an 82% chance of getting in??? Yeah right.
Sure but logic doesn't always prevail......I really hope I am wrong but it would appear that even if the best case scenario for UCF plays out the committee can still do what ever they want based solely upon their totally subjective assessment

Sure but logic doesn't always prevail......I really hope I am wrong but it would appear that even if the best case scenario for UCF plays out the committee can still do what ever they want based solely upon their totally subjective assessment
That would then create a firestorm

They would be out of excuses and the conspiracy theory would come into full play.

I would have to be aboard that train even though I have not been

None of those teams would be better than UCF IMO. Maybe Georgia. That’s why Alabama has to BLOW THEM OUT!

If Georgia plays Alabama close, then the committee has an excuse.

Y'all, this is totally predicated that we win Saturday. I hope DJ and company score more points than our defense allows. All this other stuff is fun to speculate. I hope for starters for a UCF victory. That chip must be absolute one to fall our way.
Yes, and a win guarantees a NY6 bowl game which I would be fine with. A loss guarantees
A crappy bowl which is a damn travesty for a team that loses 1 out of 25

If Clemson loses as well as Georgia, OSU and Oklahoma, we slide into the 3 spot no?Maybe even 2 if they want Clemson and Georgia to still get in.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT