ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN College Gameday to UCF?

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
I know, I know, one game at a time. Beat Kent State Yada Yada Yada.

But, what are your thoughts that ESPN College Gameday could come to UCF for a 2nd time this year?

I'd imagine by chance if UCF is 4-0 after beating K-State and if Baylor is undefeated, then possibly first Big12 Sept 30th home game.

Then Oct 28th West Virginia at UCF. Probably doubtful.

Nov 11th, Okie-state @UCF. Would be cool if both teams are undefeated at this point. Designated Space Game. Lee Corso in a astronaut suit? Elon Musk for celebrity picker?

Nov 25th, Houston @UCF. Doubt it. (missed opportunity to make this the Space Game)

Alright...back to reality....BEAT KENT STATE!

This is a gambling site so probably not safe for work:

2023 College GameDay Locations, Schedule, & Predictions​

Baylor plays both Texas and Utah before UCF. I could see if they were a surprise team and coming in 4-0 along with UCF 4-0 then it would be a top 25 matchup and possible. Unlike neggy-nancy responses above, there is a chance. Small one. But a chance.

Reactions: U C to the F
Baylor plays both Texas and Utah before UCF. I could see if they were a surprise team and coming in 4-0 along with UCF 4-0 then it would be a top 25 matchup and possible. Unlike realistic responses above, there is a chance. Small one. But a chance.
Corrected it for you……going with “Dumb and Dumber” levels of opportunities is one thing we use to make fun of temple terrace CC….we need to be above this.

This is a level of competition we have never encountered before…..give our program a chance to grow into it before we start setting high expectations.

Reactions: Knight59
I know, I know, one game at a time. Beat Kent State Yada Yada Yada.

But, what are your thoughts that ESPN College Gameday could come to UCF for a 2nd time this year?

I'd imagine by chance if UCF is 4-0 after beating K-State and if Baylor is undefeated, then possibly first Big12 Sept 30th home game.

Then Oct 28th West Virginia at UCF. Probably doubtful.

Nov 11th, Okie-state @UCF. Would be cool if both teams are undefeated at this point. Designated Space Game. Lee Corso in a astronaut suit? Elon Musk for celebrity picker?

Nov 25th, Houston @UCF. Doubt it. (missed opportunity to make this the Space Game)

Alright...back to reality....BEAT KENT STATE!

This is a gambling site so probably not safe for work:

2023 College GameDay Locations, Schedule, & Predictions​

I'm just hoping for an above .500 year with a bowl :cool:

Elon won’t be guest picker. He doesn’t know about football I’d imagine. Especially college.

Before the 2022 season would you say the below statements were unrealistic?

1) Tulane will beat Kansas State in Manhattan, Kansas.

2) Kansas State will win the Big-12 conference.

It's an uphill battle for sure, but not impossible. Nobody knows at this point on what is going to happen. On any given Saturday, I think UCF can beat these teams. UCF did beat Tulane in NOLA last year in regular season. UCF is going to be a better team than last year (knock on wood).

Also, consider K-state was picked 5th to win in the Big 12 preseason media poll. Baylor was picked in 2022 to win the conference. Neither happened. K-State won conference. Baylor didn't, and ended up 6-7 and 4-5 in conference play. Lost to Air Force in bowl game.

I see all the oddsmakers and polls against UCF, however, I'm a believer.

Now if a 4-0 UCF vs 4-0 Baylor isn't good enough for ESPN College Gameday then I can't help that!

Also, I'm not worried on what duh*bulls think of us. They in our rear view mirror. Buh*Bye Bools...

Reactions: U C to the F
Before the 2022 season would you say the below statements were unrealistic?

1) Tulane will beat Kansas State in Manhattan, Kansas.

2) Kansas State will win the Big-12 conference.

It's an uphill battle for sure, but not impossible. Nobody knows at this point on what is going to happen. On any given Saturday, I think UCF can beat these teams. UCF did beat Tulane in NOLA last year in regular season. UCF is going to be a better team than last year (knock on wood).

Also, consider K-state was picked 5th to win in the Big 12 preseason media poll. Baylor was picked in 2022 to win the conference. Neither happened. K-State won conference. Baylor didn't, and ended up 6-7 and 4-5 in conference play. Lost to Air Force in bowl game.

I see all the oddsmakers and polls against UCF, however, I'm a believer.

Now if a 4-0 UCF vs 4-0 Baylor isn't good enough for ESPN College Gameday then I can't help that!

Also, I'm not worried on what duh*bulls think of us. They in our rear view mirror. Buh*Bye Bools...
We should do that with every conference. Willing to bet about 70 % correct.

At Boise is no cake walk, that blue field is one of the hardest places to win, and they did go 10-3 last year ... looking a heck of a lot better than us in their bowl game. And K-State ... let's be honest, that one ... I don't see going our way.

But you're right, we'd have to be 4-0 with a 4-0 Baylor coming into town. If we're 3-1, let alone 2-2 (and that's a real possibility), forget it ... and definitely if Baylor is 3-1 as well.

Since more of our games will be aired by Fox now, does that decrease our chances of having College Gameday come visit?

Winning 4 games all season will be a miracle. 🤦‍♂️
4 is very likely, and really our floor. I have us 5-7 (3-6), 6-6 if we win at Boise, which is far from certain. But I don't see us winning more than 8. If we are able to win 5 games in the Big XII in year 1, and finishing 8-4 (5-4), that would be excelling in year 1.

Reactions: ks2-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT