ADVERTISEMENT

'Fat-shaming' by doctors is 'physically harmful'

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9541

In the article, Chrisler argues that obesity isn’t the sole source of health concerns for fat people, and that “health habits, body satisfaction, and self-acceptance” are much more important indicators of a person’s overall health.

people in the wc need to stop making fun of chemmie, its doing him great harm

You all LOOOOVE CampusReform.

Anyway, dumb article is dumb. Who cares?

I do like campus reform and the college fix. Both seem to cover some of the crazy stuff that is going on at college campuses. Especially since the people graduating college will become future leaders in this country. I think it becomes a problem when people like this professor are pushing these ideas that are actually dangerous.

Is that not a problem that needs to be looked at and addressed?

I got the UK a lot for work. When there this past February, there was a big uproar because the government was actually requiring a censorship of an ad that was put up in the metro underground, that contained a fairly in shape woman in a bathing suit. It was an advertisement for Spanish tourism. They mandated that it must come down since it sent the "wrong message" that fat people aren't worthy of being used in advertisements and did not have "diversity" within the ad.

Maybe this one article is nothing big, but there is a frightening trend in this country, and abroad, to make being obese not only acceptable but something to celebrate. And they are doing so by totally ignoring proven medical research that says being obese is generally absolutely terrible for your long term health.

I figured it was just a matter of time before some SJW group started taking offense to doctors recommending that fatties slim down in the name of their better health.

Reactions: ProAttitude
I got the UK a lot for work. When there this past February, there was a big uproar because the government was actually requiring a censorship of an ad that was put up in the metro underground, that contained a fairly in shape woman in a bathing suit. It was an advertisement for Spanish tourism. They mandated that it must come down since it sent the "wrong message" that fat people aren't worthy of being used in advertisements and did not have "diversity" within the ad.

Maybe this one article is nothing big, but there is a frightening trend in this country, and abroad, to make being obese not only acceptable but something to celebrate. And they are doing so by totally ignoring proven medical research that says being obese is generally absolutely terrible for your long term health.

I figured it was just a matter of time before some SJW group started taking offense to doctors recommending that fatties slim down in the name of their better health.
i heard the uk was starting to ration the fatties on the health care system....

Well, the fatties tend to die younger so that could be the strategy to save social security (I think the family gets $155 or something like that)

Reactions: UCFWayne
How else are you supposed to get these people to stop eating themselves to death? Most people have no problem telling someone to stop smoking because that shit will kill them. I see no problem telling some Fatty McFatty that they are making poor choices and to stop feeding their fat faces.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9541

In the article, Chrisler argues that obesity isn’t the sole source of health concerns for fat people, and that “health habits, body satisfaction, and self-acceptance” are much more important indicators of a person’s overall health.

people in the wc need to stop making fun of chemmie, its doing him great harm

May be the only thing chemmie and I can relate on. It isn't like people with weight issues don't know they have a weight issues.

This past week we have been in a college tour with our son. My wife made a comment yesterday to how many overweight girls we have seen the entire week. It really is eye opening just how many oversight young people we have seen.

I'm not fat ... I'm a morbidly obese MF! Insult me right! ;)

944df91ff8cc3a59714682a161b29a9f.jpg

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT