ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Authentic Chinese dish

btbones

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2007
Beautiful northwest volusia county Florida
And not some fast food American style stuff
I’m having mine tonight . Local family owned place here , Ho Yu Gai Poo. Sautéed roast pork , battered deep fried chicken breast with pea pods , bean sprouts and onions all sautéed in a house made Brown sauce . It’s ridiculous

Last edited:
Xiao Long Bao - otherwise known as the Chinese Soup Dumpling. Best I’ve had are at Din Tai Fung in the basement of Taipei 101 (in Taiwan). Wish they had one in Orlando.

Xiao_Long_Bao_at_Nanxiang_Mantou_Dian_1.jpg

Reactions: ucfMike
I'm going to Chengdu, China next year. I can't wait. I love Szechuan food, and it has been something I've been trying a lot of recently.

Chuan Lu Garden near the corner of Colonial and Mills is my favorite, and they have another location on East Colonial near Dean. Taste of Chengdu, a new place on W. Colonial near Tampa Rd. just opened and I enjoyed my first visit, too.

My favorites are Chao Shou, which are sometimes called "Szechuan Won Tons With Red Oil" on menus. Little hand made pork wontons drenched in hot ass chili oil and black vinegar. They are a breakfast food in China, and I could eat 100 of them in a sitting.

Dan Dan Mian is also a favorite. Ground pork, chili oil, black vinegar, bean paste, and green onions, over noodles with Szechuan Peppercorns. The Dan Dan noodles at Chuan Lu Garden is pretty much my favorite meal in Orlando right now. I love the super spicy chili oil and the numbing feeling from the Szechuan peppercorns. (They really numb you, and have a very distinct floral flavor.)

The Szechuan Spare Ribs at Chuan Lu Garden are also awesome. That is my wife's favorite.

Lastly, Hui Guo Rou, or Twice-Cooked Pork. Pork belly, braised until it is soft, then fried up after that, with all the Szechuan flavors. Motherf*cking incredible.

Here is the little chao shou dumplings. I suggest going to Chuan Lu and getting them, even though I think I liked the ones at Taste of Chengdu better. They are really spicy, though.

SichuaneseWontonsinChilliOilSauce_6x4.jpg

Reactions: ucfMike
...and nobody I know has found good soup dumplings in Orlando.

Larry's stir fry has some good geneal tsao chicken and crab rangoons. His jello desserts and all that great and the Miller lite draws are warm but it still makes me feel like I'm in the heart of Bombay China.

I'm going to Chengdu, China next year. I can't wait. I love Szechuan food, and it has been something I've been trying a lot of recently.

Chuan Lu Garden near the corner of Colonial and Mills is my favorite, and they have another location on East Colonial near Dean. Taste of Chengdu, a new place on W. Colonial near Tampa Rd. just opened and I enjoyed my first visit, too.

My favorites are Chao Shou, which are sometimes called "Szechuan Won Tons With Red Oil" on menus. Little hand made pork wontons drenched in hot ass chili oil and black vinegar. They are a breakfast food in China, and I could eat 100 of them in a sitting.

Dan Dan Mian is also a favorite. Ground pork, chili oil, black vinegar, bean paste, and green onions, over noodles with Szechuan Peppercorns. The Dan Dan noodles at Chuan Lu Garden is pretty much my favorite meal in Orlando right now. I love the super spicy chili oil and the numbing feeling from the Szechuan peppercorns. (They really numb you, and have a very distinct floral flavor.)

The Szechuan Spare Ribs at Chuan Lu Garden are also awesome. That is my wife's favorite.

Lastly, Hui Guo Rou, or Twice-Cooked Pork. Pork belly, braised until it is soft, then fried up after that, with all the Szechuan flavors. Motherf*cking incredible.
Quality twice cooked pork is hard to beat

Reactions: chemmie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT