ADVERTISEMENT

FBS schools football radio broadcasters

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
How many FBS schools have an alum as their football radio play-by-play guy? I’m guessing the percentage is pretty high, like 75-80%? Marc Daniels does a great job and I like him, but deep down he probably bleeds orange and blue and if he had to pick who he wanted to win if it was Florida vs UCF in the national championship game, it would have to be Florida right? Just imagining if I was in a similar position at another school and they were playing UCF.

4 years at your alma mater and then 20+ at a school he clearly loves. I’m sure he would never say anything against UCF while working here but I’d have to assume he’s a fan of both and his job is way more exciting with UCF doing well and winning that game.

Marc Daniels does do a great job and is a UCF treasure. I hope he writes a UCF football history book. He would be the best one to do it.

If you listen to his morning radio show where he is more neutral on teams he does mention the gators a lot but just as an outside observer and it is part of the conversation on sports talk radio.

That's gotta be a hard job to do. Hopefully it pays well.

Reactions: Knight Strength
He rarely gets to watch UF games. If i all of a sudden didn’t watch UCF for 20 years id probably not care too much. After i graduated most of our games weren’t on tv so a few years I didn’t care if we won or lost. So probably the same.

I play his game calling and watch the game- the only way to watch a game. I would be shocked if he was anything other than UCF. There's not one second where I think, it's just a job for him.

On the other hand, after I graduated, no one covered 1-AA schools and I spent every Sunday reading the tiny print to see how UCF did. If I never saw a game, I'd still care how we did. Yet, don't think he'd support anyone other than UCF.

I play his game calling and watch the game- the only way to watch a game. I would be shocked if he was anything other than UCF. There's not one second where I think, it's just a job for him.

On the other hand, after I graduated, no one covered 1-AA schools and I spent every Sunday reading the tiny print to see how UCF did. If I never saw a game, I'd still care how we did. Yet, don't think he'd support anyone other than UCF.
I can never get it synched up so I could never do that. I can’t watch a game with the calling being either delayed or ahead.

I tried the sync last game and got it working. just gotta play with it a little. Usually the Tv is about 20 seconds ahead of the radio broadcast through streaming the audio. Pause and let the audio catch up then play, repeat until you get the snap to sync with snap call. Agreed though, if it is off a micro second it messes me up. But, sometimes it's better to listen to Marc Daniels rather than hearing us get called UFC or usf, or golden knights...etc, etc, etc. :p But, then again...I never want to hear a "hey its Luke Bryan and you know its a four wheel drive" advertisement ever again. :p

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenFunk
How many FBS schools have an alum as their football radio play-by-play guy? I’m guessing the percentage is pretty high, like 75-80%? Marc Daniels does a great job and I like him, but deep down he probably bleeds orange and blue and if he had to pick who he wanted to win if it was Florida vs UCF in the national championship game, it would have to be Florida right? Just imagining if I was in a similar position at another school and they were playing UCF.
You couldn't be more wrong.....Marc BLEEDS Black & Gold (yes...he is happy when UF wins...but he is soooo entrenched at UCF...as he has now spent more than half his life being the play by play for UCF Football/Basketball).

Reactions: Drew-C-F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT