ADVERTISEMENT

Final AP Top 25 - UCF finishes 6th

When most are against you, to climb 4 spots, 4 first places, I'm happy with progress. Even my close friends are rude on us being National Champs, some friends I have. There seems to be a real love and hate relationship with us, I can't explain it. I still remember Oleary at a luncheon saying when he would call for a game, other teams saying, where is UCF. That is not too long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
It's Bullshit that we are behind any team with a loss, but to behind teams with 2 losses is ridiculous.

Only 4 AP voters know what they are doing

#EndTheCartel #UCFacts

Reactions: Knight_Light
UCF would be one of the top 4 football programs in the ACC immediately. Once the money and recruiting bump kicked in we'd trade championship seasons with Clemson and FSU on the regular.
"Then why doesn't UCF join the ACC to play real competition"
-Uneducated P5 Homers

I lay a little blame on USiF and Memphis. The cows' loss to Houston dinged our SOS as well as Memphis' bowl loss to Iowa State (at home). That said, I doubt the committee would have cared either way.

At the end of the day these AP voters are a joke, Clemson with two nasty losses (Syracuse and a beat down to Alabama) ahead of us is wrong. Ohio State had some good wins (USC, PSU, Wisky) but that Iowa loss should put them behind us. There is no way UCF should be ranked lower than #4, even considering the bias.

44 points separates us from the #4 team Clemson. they got 1292 total points in votes. We got 1248. It sucks but its not a steep drop off.

I lay a little blame on USiF and Memphis. The cows' loss to Houston dinged our SOS as well as Memphis' bowl loss to Iowa State (at home). That said, I doubt the committee would have cared either way.

At the end of the day these AP voters are a joke, Clemson with two nasty losses (Syracuse and a beat down to Alabama) ahead of us is wrong. Ohio State had some good wins (USC, PSU, Wisky) but that Iowa loss should put them behind us. There is no way UCF should be ranked lower than #4, even considering the bias.

I think if USF hadn't lost to Houston, Memphis beat Iowa State, and the Georgia Tech game had been played and we won by double digits it would not have matter one damn bit. This was the absolute ceiling for our team this year in the current structure.

I think if USF hadn't lost to Houston, Memphis beat Iowa State, and the Georgia Tech game had been played and we won by double digits it would not have matter one damn bit. This was the absolute ceiling for our team this year in the current structure.
100000% agree.

UCF would be one of the top 4 football programs in the ACC immediately. Once the money and recruiting bump kicked in we'd trade championship seasons with Clemson and FSU on the regular.
Maybe Hancock tells them ‘hey we need UCF to quit chirping about our system just invite them’

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Oklahoma, Ohio State and Clemson are all teams that lost games to weak competition during the season. How can voters possibly know if they would beat UCF in a playoff game?

Every year. The rankings for next year are a joke. UF and FSU are back in it after disastrous seasons and new head coaches who run totally different offenses.

At the Marriott in San Jose getting breakfast. This guy And I do the, "you go first" "no, you go first". I thank him and proceed. I am wearing a UCF polo and as I turn to get some eggs, I hear him say, "I'm an Aurburn grad, I didn't even watch the game last night, and you guys are National Champs".

At the Marriott in San Jose getting breakfast. This guy And I do the, "you go first" "no, you go first". I thank him and proceed. I am wearing a UCF polo and as I turn to get some eggs, I hear him say, "I'm an Aurburn grad, I didn't even watch the game last night, and you guys are National Champs".
Is that the point he proceeded to throw eggs at you

Reactions: muckdawg24
That's basically how Utah got into the power structure. My silence could be purchased with an invite to the ACC.

That is exactly how they got in. Senator Orrin Hatch threatened the NCAA with a massive lawsuit. They invited Utah and the lawsuit threat conveniently disappeared.

We need a powerful politician to do the same here. We have a HUGE alumni base. We want into the ACC. They want our votes.

So, do we have a deal Mr. Grease-my-palm politician ?

(FWIW - I think we had one in John Mica, maybe. But he lost. I do not care how or why he lost but I think that was one big UCF ally that was lost. I do not TRUST any of the other local politicians, Buddy Dyer included, to support us in Tallahassee or at the federal level. Look at Bill Nelson. Been a senator since the 80's. Never went to bat for us.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT