ADVERTISEMENT

Final AP Top 25 - UCF finishes 6th

At the Marriott in San Jose getting breakfast. This guy And I do the, "you go first" "no, you go first". I thank him and proceed. I am wearing a UCF polo and as I turn to get some eggs, I hear him say, "I'm an Aurburn grad, I didn't even watch the game last night, and you guys are National Champs".

As I have said before, only Gators fans and for some reason Notre Dame fans are bitching about the Knights being the champs. I know Miss. State fans, Ole' Miss fans, Miami fans, FSU fans, Alabama fans, even Auburn fans are complaining.

Hell, Stetson fans are kinda giddy about it. They think that one day if they can move up to FBS that one day that could be them. And it could. But it will take a long time. Small alumni base. Limited money. Too close to Orlando. I like Stetson (except when they play UCF) but they might be getting delusions of grandeur in a way.

At least Stetson knows how to use green. USF just ripped it off and made it look gaudy.

Danny White does such a great job in his interviews explaining AAC and UCF position on how the 2017 season played out. He has done more with promoting the AAC than anyone else this year. KUDOS to Danny.:sunglasses:

I am thinking Danny White might be a dark horse to replace Dr. Hitt as school President.

Danny White is a genius. I doubt we would have got those 4 first place votes if it wasn’t for his plan over the last week.

Reactions: UCFBS
Danny White does such a great job in his interviews explaining AAC and UCF position on how the 2017 season played out. He has done more with promoting the AAC than anyone else this year. KUDOS to Danny.:sunglasses:

He's done more for this conference in a week than Mike Aresco has done all year. Aresco, with a perfect opportunity to pimp out the league threw it under the bus. He needs to go.

They dont need to compete for the Orlando market. Good for us that Rollins College doesn't want to expand in Winter park.

Yeah, you're probably right. I got a soft spot in my heart for them though except when they play us. I went to the BB game a few weeks ago and I like the fact that the Edmunds Center reminds me of the old garage in a few ways.

That little band of theirs was pretty good too. Nice and pretty campus. No crime. Unlike USF.

He's done more for this conference in a week than Mike Aresco has done all year. Aresco, with a perfect opportunity to pimp out the league threw it under the bus. He needs to go.

I am starting to think that Danny White might be getting groomed to succeed Dr. Hitt as school President.

That is exactly how they got in. Senator Orrin Hatch threatened the NCAA with a massive lawsuit. They invited Utah and the lawsuit threat conveniently disappeared.

We need a powerful politician to do the same here. We have a HUGE alumni base. We want into the ACC. They want our votes.

So, do we have a deal Mr. Grease-my-palm politician ?

(FWIW - I think we had one in John Mica, maybe. But he lost. I do not care how or why he lost but I think that was one big UCF ally that was lost. I do not TRUST any of the other local politicians, Buddy Dyer included, to support us in Tallahassee or at the federal level. Look at Bill Nelson. Been a senator since the 80's. Never went to bat for us.)

Bill Nelson & Marco Rubio would have to get involved. Unfortunately both are Gators and neither has near the clout Hatch has. #wearescrewed

As I have said before, only Gators fans and for some reason Notre Dame fans are bitching about the Knights being the champs. I know Miss. State fans, Ole' Miss fans, Miami fans, FSU fans, Alabama fans, even Auburn fans are complaining.

Hell, Stetson fans are kinda giddy about it. They think that one day if they can move up to FBS that one day that could be them. And it could. But it will take a long time. Small alumni base. Limited money. Too close to Orlando. I like Stetson (except when they play UCF) but they might be getting delusions of grandeur in a way.

At least Stetson knows how to use green. USF just ripped it off and made it look gaudy.

I am also a Notre Dame fan and I can tell you exactly why they are so upset.

1. They keep seeing these teams come out of no where and outperform them with a fraction of the resources.
2. They are 9-7 against AAC teams in the last 10 teams, and have never played UCF, Memphis or Houston.
3. And this is the big one....UCF is undefeated on the field. UCF has a grad rate of 92% and the highest grad rate for black football players at public schools. UCF has not had any significant off the field issues. Quite simply, UCF has been better at being “Notre Dame” than Notre Dame.

That's basically how Utah got into the power structure. My silence could be purchased with an invite to the ACC.

Who knows, maybe the ACC will trade us for Louisville. They might not be allowed to recruit athletes soon. Just need to keep the train rolling. Will Pete Thamel break that story?

So now we jump 6 spots??
No ... 4 ... and 0 ... respectively.

The AP had us #10, so we jumped 4 spots to #6.
The CFP re-asserted we didn't belong in the top 10 after the Peach, so #12 in both cases.

The CFP could have been quiet, and just stuck with, "UCF wasn't top 4." But nooooo, they had to re-assert UCF didn't belong even in the top 10, when the media was saying UCF, Wisconsin and others really justified a 8 team playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT