ADVERTISEMENT

Finally coming home to Florida

KnightedIbis

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2003
So after months and months of speculation and interviews and BS, I'm coming home.

So it actually is Miami. Can't wait to get back and use my ESC tickets.

Moving April 24th - and somehow my company is letting me keep my Jersey salary which is F*ING AWESOME!!!

I guess this means I'll be partying with Mach?

Congrats, but you have my sympathies for having to live in such a shit hole city.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
Congrats, but you have my sympathies for having to live in such a shit hole city.
Ha, well I actually moved up to NJ from Miami like seven years ago, so its a bit of a homecoming for me. My business is there as well as some other ventures my partner and I want to start - so really its a great situation for me. I'll probably end up in Miami for a very long time due to personal reasons now as well.

Miami is definitely a different place, its not as nice as my home town (Sarasota), but probably one of my top cities in the state.

if he likes fishing, he will have some of the best fishing on the planet 10 miles out...its a plus...

Originally posted by Dmarino110:
if he likes fishing, he will have some of the best fishing on the planet 10 miles out...its a plus...
And if he doesn't, he's stuck in a shit hole city

Will you be in Miami or commuting into Miami? Congrats on being able to go to games once again.

Originally posted by KnightedIbis:
Ha, well I actually moved up to NJ from Miami like seven years ago, so its a bit of a homecoming for me. My business is there as well as some other ventures my partner and I want to start - so really its a great situation for me. I'll probably end up in Miami for a very long time due to personal reasons now as well.

Miami is definitely a different place, its not as nice as my home town (Sarasota), but probably one of my top cities in the state.
Welcome back! I am up in Boca and have been here since the summer. Not the same as Orlando (people here are at a whole different level of asshole, but you already know that) but it's nice being so close to the water and so much to do here. I have ESC tickets as well, maybe we will get a chance to meet up during the season or at a Watch Party.

Originally posted by OlearyLookAlike: Welcome back! I am up in Boca and have been here since the summer. Not the same as Orlando (people here are at a whole different level of asshole, but you already know that) but it's nice being so close to the water and so much to do here. I have ESC tickets as well, maybe we will get a chance to meet up during the season or at a Watch Party.
I think you have seats near mine in the ESC. We'll definitely link up.

Originally posted by UCFWayne:
Will you be in Miami or commuting into Miami? Congrats on being able to go to games once again.
My office is actually in Sunrise, but my clients will be split between Miami and Naples. I hate Ft. Laurderdale...

And thanks, man...

No cocaine dealer here, but I will be looking out for groupers when I SUP.

My friend lives near your office in Plantation, FL. It's 300x better than Miami.

Sounds like you'll get to know Alligator Alley very well.

My friend lives near your office in Plantation, FL. It's 300x better than Miami.

Sounds like you'll get to know Alligator Alley very well.
Right? Its part of an overall development program they are doing with me, so I don't think I'll be doing it for longer than 6 months (God, I hope not).

My family is in Davie, so it wouldn't be horrible being up there, but I'm most likely going to cut ties at some point in the next two years and be dedicated to my own companies in Miami - plus I have a personal situation that is going to dictate where I live starting March 2016 that I'm considering.

Again, I lived in Miami and absolutely loved it (I'm big on being out on the water), I know its not for everyone - but its definitely more my pace than the areas of Ft. Lauderdale.

We have water on the west coast too and it's not a shithole full of assholes. I've been down there a handful of times and if I never go back it will be too soon.

Originally posted by Bob the Knight:
We have water on the west coast too and it's not a shithole full of assholes. I've been down there a handful of times and if I never go back it will be too soon.
Yeah, I love the West Coast... Overall there's way more to do in Miami with respect to the water (fishing is better, diving is better, etc.). Even Sarasota now seems to be loading up on its share of assholes though...

The last place I've been to that I would actually enjoy living that hasn't been corrupted yet has been New Symrna.

This post was edited on 3/30 3:56 PM by KnightedIbis

Yeah, I love the West Coast... Overall there's way more to do in Miami with respect to the water (fishing is better, diving is better, etc.). Even Sarasota now seems to be loading up on its share of assholes though...

The last place I've been to that I would actually enjoy living that has been corrupted yet has been New Symrna.
Miami is similar to LA in that if you are a millionaire it can be a very nice place to live & play. For everyone else it all depends on what zip code and neighborhood you live & work.

This post was edited on 3/30 3:08 PM by Poolside Knight

Originally posted by Poolside Knight:

The last place I've been to that I would actually enjoy living that has been corrupted yet has been New Symrna.
Miami is similar to LA in that if you are a millionaire it can be a very nice place to live & play. For everyone else it all depends on what zip code and neighborhood you live & work.

This post was edited on 3/30 3:08 PM by Poolside Knight
This is absolutely true in my experience as well. I lived in Downtown, which was decent, but much better now. Coconut Grove, Gables, there are some very nice places to live where you don't have to be rich.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT