ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE GUS AND TED

You’ve gotta be kidding me. Florida took their foot off the gas.

You’re man is a ****ing joke.
They took their foot off the gas for scoring only 24 points?

Listen, on occasion even I trash the Defense, but they made adjustments at halftime and played considerably better. It was the offense who could not pass, especially on 3rd down and sustain drives

Based on his time at Auburn and UCF, TWill has proven to be a poor developer of high school linebacker recruits and retainer of linebackers in the LB rooms.

Schemes, transfers, recruiting, etc., have not been a problem.
Can he develop quarterbacks or offenses?

Last edited:
Listen, on occasion even I trash the Defense, but they made adjustments at halftime and played considerably better. It was the offense who could not pass, especially on 3rd down and sustain drives
I agree.

The defense played lights out in the second half. The tackling was top notch, especially in the flats where tackles were missed often in the first half. I seldom saw a yard after contact in the second half. Quite frankly, the defense played well enough to win, and Gus has an incredible winning percentage when his defenses allow 23/24 points or fewer.

It was a weird game.

I agree.

The defense played lights out in the second half. The tackling was top notch, especially in the flats where tackles were missed often in the first half. I seldom saw a yard after contact in the second half. Quite frankly, the defense played well enough to win, and Gus has an incredible winning percentage when his defenses allow 23/24 points or fewer.

It was a weird game.
Weird game? Grandpa Boom called over 25 run plays in the second half alone, despite being down three touchdowns.

UCF never went no huddle once in the second half, often running the playclock down to single digits. Zero urgency, zero pace, zero no huddle.

That’s coaching. I would say there’s something more there than just a “weird game”.

Reactions: connerito
Based on his time at Auburn and UCF, TWill has proven to be a poor developer of high school linebacker recruits and retainer of linebackers in the LB rooms.

Schemes, transfers, recruiting, etc., have not been a problem.
Gus Malzone has proven to be a very poor talent evaluator and he’s even worse at developing the players.

I don’t hate UCF or its football program. Throughout the years I have become friends with quite a few UCF fans.

There’s good potential at UCF but it needs to move away from Gus Malzone (the sooner, the better). The man is a paranoid & obsessed control freak that doesn’t adapt or change.

The best thing that can happen would be for Gus Malzone to be humiliated into retiring. UCF could then hire an up and coming head coach from G5. No old retreads or a position coach, but a young hungry HC with new ideas and a vision.

Last edited:
Reactions: connerito
Weird game? Grandpa Boom called over 25 run plays in the second half alone, despite being down three touchdowns.

UCF never went no huddle once in the second half, often running the playclock down to single digits. Zero urgency, zero pace, zero no huddle.

That’s coaching. I would say there’s something more there than just a “weird game”.
His QB can’t throw. Gus can't teach him either and doesn’t recruit ones who can

Reactions: LoboCane
His QB can’t throw. Gus can't teach him either and doesn’t recruit ones who can
His OL is made up of a bunch of big/tall, non athletic guys. OL recruiting has been a mess since Malzone and Hand took over. The UCF OL can’t pass protect at all and everyone knows it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT